HeatherMarie

unable to add dragons not in a row in group-add filter

Okay, I *know* this has been talked about before, but I searched and can't find anything.

I want to add Bautas to my group for two-heads, but I can't just filter by breed because their breed isn't in the encyclopedia yet. So I open the "add dragons" for my two-head group, and attempt to select my multiple Bautas by hand. But I can't. Just clicking on one after another deselects my previous clicks, shift-click selects all dragons in between my two selections, and control-click won't allow me to select more then 3 or 4 dragons at a time. It *seems* that control-click is what I should be using, because it does let me select multiple dragons out of order, but it's extremely buggy in that it won't let me select more then a couple (just stops highlighting any dragons I click), or won't select at all. Can this be looked at please?

What browser and operating system are you using? I just tested and Ctrl+click to select multiple dragons doesn't seem to hit the same limit you're running into.

Windows 8, newest version of Firefox. Have adblock disabled and javascript on. Just tried again and successfully selected my three Bauta hatchies, then tried skipping over two Lunars to select my adult Bautas and it wouldn't.

Just tried again, I'm making a temporary "zombie fodder" group. Successfully highlighted my two most recent pygmy adults, then tried to highlight a recent Baikala and couldn't. Clicked on it 20 times (while holding down 'control'), and it just didn't seem to recognize my clicks. I'm having to add dragons two or three at a time because it just won't let me highlight more, which is very frustrating.

Is anyone else having this problem?? If it's just me I guess it may be something on my side, although I have no idea what that could be since adblock is off, javascript is on, I don't have noscript or anything like that, etc etc.

Edited by Marie19R

Huh. I'm sure at some point a few weeks ago I had the same effect as you, but today not anymore.

Maybe something changed in the meantime? If it's not the browser, might be worth a try to clear your cache and try again?

Just a thought: did you try clicking on the name (right column) rather than on the image (left column)? For some reason I can select dragons just fine by clicking or shift+clicking on the pic, but it becomes very buggy with ctrl+click, I absolutely have to click on the name/code column.

Another trick that I used before I discovered the click-on-the-name-and-on-the-name-only solution: select everything in a row (using shift+click) and then deselect with ctrl+click what you don't want to add... A bit of a roundabout way, but better than adding 2-3 dragons at a time...

Might be worth a try, at least. -_-

10 hours ago, Aleoleo said:

Just a thought: did you try clicking on the name (right column) rather than on the image (left column)? For some reason I can select dragons just fine by clicking or shift+clicking on the pic, but it becomes very buggy with ctrl+click, I absolutely have to click on the name/code column.

Oh! That worked! Thank you so so much, I tested your suggestion multiple times and it works consistently with no problems. I never even thought to click on the name/code.

Guess this can be closed then.