LadyFromEast

ANSWERED:Lost password, e-mail no longer in existence

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done in this situation. I have lost my password to my cave account and tried resetting it via e-mail. That e-mail however does not exist any longer, and therefore I am unable to receive the password reset e-mail. Is there anything that can be done in this situation? I have been a player on DragonCave since 2008 and it would really sadden me if my account was lost forever.

Best regards, 

LFE

This has come up many times. Basically - no, there's nothing you can do. I'd try to think of what on earth password you might have used. Or if there is ANY way you can get back into the old email.

Hi fuzzbucket,

I did try contacting the website my old e-mail was on, and I managed to find a solution to my problem there. I will now know that registering on a site which deletes your e-mail account after a certain time of inactivity is a bad idea - even worse if you use that e-mail for registering other accounts. I did manage to get it back thanks to a certain dose of luck, as my old e-mail wasn't already re-taken by someone else. Thank you for the fast reply! 

Best regards,

LFE