deja

ANSWERED:Signature shrinking rotator pictures

Basically I have 2 Cheese drawings in my signature. And one is shrinked to a size of the other. (One photo is a bit smaller than the other.)
And I tried uploading from different rotators but its still the same. And if i upload the bigger picture first then the smaller one is extended. 

When I upload them to the rotator etc they are fine, and their size and quality is normal. This didnt happen when i first put the rotator in my sig, before the new forum update.

You can see what im talking about if you refresh and my sig picture changes. I also uploaded screenshot and a original photo below so you can see it better.

Untitled.jpg.11f896467e4bb6923cb48f3e95ade785.jpgcheese_small_sketch_2_by_nostalgic_neophyte-db84p48.png.cbea3129e818d91ad26027921df20c0b.png

As I recall TJ said rotating avatars no longer work -

ETA - yes:

I'm not seeing the image you put in your post in your sig at all - I see this:  51566_s.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

it worked fine before i tried to change the rotator? D:
There's also the other one... i guess it isnt switching every time >> Edit: it seems it wont rotate the other one :dry:

Edited by deja

The cheese thing does switch every now and then - these are still linked. Only Avatar rotators won't work anymore because the new forum software *downloads* the current image to the server and saves it as .png which is a static image type.

However, the signature bit will try to detect your current rotator image's size and set those values as image properties - it's just good coding practise to tell the browser which size you want to display for any given image.

Modify your cheese images with extra white space so that they have the same dimensions?

9 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Modify your cheese images with extra white space so that they have the same dimensions?

is this the only way? Im afraid the image will loose quality after i edit it..

Try https://pixlr.com/editor/

After you open your image, you can use Image => Canvas Size to get your image to the size you want, and save it under a new name. Then you can compare if they actually lose quality or not.