Tiki G

Count to 1,000,000!

Why does my formatting keep messing up???

Edited by purplehaze

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Why does my formatting keep messing up???

If you're typing it out freehand the way I have to on my phone, I find I have to put a space before and after each of the square bracketed parts. So bold is typed out square bracket, b, square bracket, space, the word I want bolded, space, square bracket, /, b, square bracket. To add a colour, I'd need to remember there's no u in colour, and do the whole square bracket routine again, remembering to put a space between each square bracket step. *slumps in exhaustion* This is why I don't do it often. :P

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

If you're typing it out freehand the way I have to on my phone

Nope, I wouldn't bother, either, if I had to do all that. I am highlighting my text and then clicking on the options I want. It is still highlighted when I click submit, so I can't tell if the color is right, but the bold and the font clearly show at that point, but then sometimes the formatting all disappears in the final post. It doesn't happen often, but it is a mystery to me.

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Nope, I wouldn't bother, either, if I had to do all that. I am highlighting my text and then clicking on the options I want. It is still highlighted when I click submit, so I can't tell if the color is right, but the bold and the font clearly show at that point, but then sometimes the formatting all disappears in the final post. It doesn't happen often, but it is a mystery to me.

Weird.