Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

Hey guys. Sorry I've not posted in here in awhile. Been busy and real life's attempting to kill me. Anywho, how do you go about changing your display/username? I can't figure out where to go to do that.

It's going to be under account settings, setting display, Display Name

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

New forum. *Lagie is not good with change*

If you are changing your username, could you please put your old name in your first new-name-post? Thanks! :)

*huggles ninja fortune* Hello!

Edited by Lagie

I'm so tempted to change my name but i've had this one for so damn long! Nearly 10 years :/

At this point if anyone changes their name I'll completely forget who they are XD

I used this username at various sites more than 10 years. I think I won't change my username.

I'm with Fortune. Should someone changes her/his username i will not knoe who you are.

My old username was Dragonpelt or DP and now it's SkySong278.

Looks as though I'll need to update the 'Members' List' as well.

Is there no way to shrink the spacing between lines?

oh wow, haven't been there in a while. since january or something, i don't even remember at this point. anyway, how's it going everyone?

(btw when did you guys restart the thread? the last time i've seen CPA, it was like 900 pages long, idk)

Welcome back, anhud! How do you like the new forum?

We restart once each thread reaches 1000 pages.

Huzzah! My signature has returned. :)

Edited by Lagie

Jealous Lagie~ I wish my signature would come back! I miss my little Tapu Koko and Shiny Reuncilus

I keep seeing advice to just leave the settings alone and it will happen in time. Glad you were able to change your name to the one you've been wanting, Dalek Raptor!

Thank you! I've been wanting to change it since 2012 when I came up with Dalek Raptor. So I've been waiting five long years for it

11 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Welcome back, anhud! How do you like the new forum?

i don't see much of a difference aside from the notification about new posts(and to be honest i don't really like it)

12 minutes ago, Lagie said:

We restart once each thread reaches 1000 pages.

pffft, now that's how we do it in mother russia

our previous chat was closed at 6097 by an admin.

For me everything has changed. I don't do well with change. I miss the emoticons.

And I really wish I could figure out how to make the space between lines smaller.

It's also really weird that it's 25 posts per page instead of 20, so that changes my other thread.

Edited by Lagie

...oh wait, yeah, the emoticons. didn't even notice that. probably just a temporary thing tho

also it's either i'm blind or extremely stupid - how do you even edit the signature now?

Don't touch your signature! (Not that I know where to tell you to do that...)

It will eventually reappear. Once it does, then you can safely edit. Otherwise, if you do it now, all your signature info will poof.

eh, whatever, i wanted to make a new one anyway

not like it's hard to recreate it, it's just a bunch of links and images.

The 'click to go back to the top' thing is also gone...

I think I need more coffee. 

Ha. Go to the top of the page. There's a wee arrow down beside your username at the very top. I think if you select Profile Options from there, you'll find the signature part.

Edited by Lagie

There was a lovely simple link in the old forum at the top right that went to Account settings and from there you could edit your avatar, your signature, and your profile. I haven't yet played with any of the settings on this forum as it's still brand new (today!).

ah, i was talking about "go to top" button. but hey, thanks for showing me account settings too!

You're welcome! (Still no smileys...)