Star Peregrine

Frost Bite

Fell stopped dead when the winnd shifted from the south to the north. With the wind in her face, she could hear that she was no longer alone in the woods. She was picking up the sent of another wolf, male she guessed. She instinctively dropped to her belly. There was another wolf, another male it seems. She looked to either side. She needed to keep moving, so she picked east. The slope wasn't as steep and it seemed to go in the direction she was originally going before she stepped into this pack's territory. She padded silently through the trees, the rising sun lighting her way.

Eclipse nodded his head in respect Étoile. She was the only one who congratulated him other then his sister. "Thank you, I am," Lunar said. She avoided eye contact with the other hunter, but stood ready to fight and die with her brother. He did his best to save their other siblings from the cold, but he couldn't. It was a bit odd that Peregrine would choose him of all wolves when there was much more wolves qualified for the position. Then again, Eclipse would go off and fight off any threat that came their way. Luckily, the rest of the pack was wise and backed off, obviously not happy, but she could see a couple of them going and doing their own thing.

Sighing a breath of relief, Lunar sat back down.

Noon looked up in shock before registering the familiar scent of his brother; the sandy wolf flicked his tail as greeting and waited for the other to catch up, the other scent momentarily forgotten.

"Peregrine's decisions is hers and hers alone." He snorted, casting a swift glance across the sky. "I don't much care for the way the pack works, as long as we're not in any immediate danger. A Guard as Beta? That wouldn't be the strangest thing in a pack where you have siblings all together and no omegas."

He sniffed the air again; strange, the scent seemed to be almost fading. "There's something. Another wolf. Help me track it, we can take a stroll through the woods."

--

Étoile crouched down, making her way through the snow-spotted grass. The winter season had driven away most of the large prey, and the she-wolf missed the thrill of a pack hunt--but there were other things to attend to.

She eyed a waterfowl nearby, sitting in the area; if she could manage to sneak up on it without drawing its attention, it would be easy matter to sprint and catch the animal before it had a chance at flying off.

Lunar had wondered off and Peregrine went back to her cave, Eclipse noted. A small part of him wanted to follow Peregrine but was wise about having to force himself to move elsewhere. After all, he was a beta now and had to do his part in order to help the pack. He ate the small rabbit his sister kept for him before moving on. With his tail up proudly, he trotted along to find his sister. He needed to learn the meaning of patience if it meant help feeding the pack. He eventually found her, picking up a trail of an elk.

"I figured you would come for my help eventually," Lunar said. "Hunting isn't really your strong suit, but in order to keep your title as beta and impress Peregrine, you need to learn the value of patience."