Starscream

Funny Customer Service or Co-worker Questions

I was working yesterday at the Jewelry counter and near the end of my shift a pair of guys came by wanting to look at watches. Now it'd been a long day at that point and I was both tired and frazzled. Well, one of them I guess picked up on that and made a joking comment, "Doesn't anyone around here know how to smile?". After explaining how hectic it'd been that day, I was hoping that'd there wouldn't be any headaches with him. Alas...

As he was looking at some watches we had on clearance, he noticed similar things that were marked at regular price still. Often times with customers we have to explain that merchandise gets marked down based on the shipment and how long its been in the store. So even though two things might be identical, only one piece may be marked down while the other stays the same simply because it's newer.

Well after I explained that to him, guess what he asks? "Well can't we just swap the boxes?"

"Uh, no. We can't"

"Oh, come on. Nobody will know."

huh.gif Excuse me. Who's job do you think would be at risk? Not yours. Mine.

There's seriously a camera set up specifically to watch my counter, so not only I would know and he would know, my boss would too.

He also wanted to swap pieces around between different watch sets which I had to deny him.

After he finally bought a watch, I was helping him cut a tag off with some scissors and the guy suddenly flinches like I actually snipped him, just to mess with me. I was about ready to slap him at that point.

Edited by Daydreamer09

Working at a cafe, I've had some absolute shockers.

My personally most shocking was the lady who yelled at me for "using too many words." I figured she just had a bad day and was taking it out on me.

Then there's the favourites:

"Does the cheese roll have any cheese in it?"

I'll let you figure that one out, dude.

Last week we had a lady who tried her (not at all spicy) quesadilla, claim it was too spicy, and switch meals with her husband. He ate it all. After the husband had eaten the entire thing, they came up and complained, asking for a refund. It took about six tries from the manager and a lot of whining on their part to get them to understand that we can't give a refund for food you ate ALL of! We even offered them a replacement food item, but nooooo, they wanted a refund on the completely gone food.

Also the lady who screamed in my face because I apparently "let her order fries" when her husband's meal came with fries. At my cafe, people order at the counter; how on earth was I meant to know how many people were at her table?!? Also, it says right there on that enormous menu board that your meal comes with fries.

tl;dr: Don't work in food service if you want to keep liking people.

I was in a hardware store standing in line at the service desk with a faulty device and accidentally overheard the lady in front of me talking to the service desk person...

Customer: So I bought this wireless router yesterday and it doesn't work. Could you take a look at it?

Store clerk: Sure! Let me see if I can power it up. Did you bring the power cable?

Customer: -in a confused tone- But it's wireless...

Apparently she thought that a wireless router doesn't need any kind of wire/cable whatsoever.

I admit, I burst out laughing which confused her even more.

I don't know if this is something that belongs here or not but it seems like it would. My mom used to work at a credit card company, in collection and customer service. At the end of the day she would call people that were late on paying their bill, leaving messages since they would never pick up. While calling this one guy she was reading some notes on her computer about the guy, and one of the things said he didn't have money at the moment (probbaly unemployed) and in a wonderful Freudian slip she went to say "give me a call" she said "give me your money" She quickly hung up, but the damage was done and all her co-workers were making fun of her for it.

I work in a grocery store as an assistant department manager. We have to wear walkie talkies during our shift to keep in touch with other department heads if a guest is looking for something specific.

So last week, our dairy manager came over the air and I kid you not - asked the Deli manager if they sold salami.

I swear there were several of us that started laughing hard at that one. biggrin.gif

So you know how every year there seems to be some new popular trend that customers just can't seem to get enough of? Well, where I work we occasionally get a brand of ceramic pottery in called Rae Dunn (that's the name of the designer). They're really nothing special. Just white mugs, plates, bowls with phrases written on them in a thin black script. Well everyday we have a few customers calling for them and they not only call our store location, but every other one of our stores in the area. It's gotten to be super annoying for everyone I work.

There's been a big problem too with people reselling Rae Dunn that they buy here. Our buyers get merchandise at lowered prices which allows our stores to sell at reduced prices from the original price. So people buy from us and then sell online wiht a hiked up price. We aren't allowed to set aside this stuff for customers anymore just because of how crazy it's gotten.

Edited by Daydreamer09

So yesterday I had a doozy. I'm still confused by this one.

I'm on register in my (pet) store, and a woman walks in and stops in front of me, so I greet her with the usual.

She looks at me and asks 'when do you close, soon?'

I give her a mildly baffled look considering it's just barely 5pm on a weekday and we close at 9. I tell her nope, we close at 9!

She glances around. Starts to look more baffled than I do. Slowly, she looks at me and says 'Oh... this isn't sporting...' and turns and walks out!

Our pet store is right next to a sporting goods store. She thought.... she was in the sporting goods store... ???? The store's name is LARGE on the outside of the building and we look nothing like a sporting goods store. What the heck?