MagnusMango

Magnus' house of horrors (digital art)

I made a thread here long ago, but it was a trainwreck and mods please feel free to delete it. This one is a clean slate, and I've come a long way since my initial...Showcasing. *cracks knuckles*

Now, the stuff I draw could be considered gross or scary, I've just always had an interest in the nasty little creatures of any given horror game or movie, so if that stuff freaks you out here's your warning. I won't freely post anything too bad, because this is a family friendly forum and I don't want to accidentally ruin someone's day, but you never know.

SO, on to the art!

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

And the more gross body horror stuff under the cut here-

My WAU-sona (I really like SOMA)

Akers and Ross from SOMA

A black hole personified

And that's all for now, if you guys like it I'll probably post some more! I hope this is all okay, I'm proud of my work but I understand even links can be questionable if the subject is too iffy, please PM me if it's too much!

i love your style, hoooooo boy. none of the stuff you posted seems all that horrific to me

i don't know that we use the same programs, but what process do you use to create your glitch/static and galaxy effects?

i love your style, hoooooo boy. none of the stuff you posted seems all that horrific to me

i don't know that we use the same programs, but what process do you use to create your glitch/static and galaxy effects?

I use photoshop CS6, and for the galaxy and glitch stuff I use a combination of freehand and texture brushes, then I just slap on some outer glow and a gradient overlay (noise, usually) and that's all! I really like just...burning my retinas when I draw, apparently haha.

I use photoshop CS6, and for the galaxy and glitch stuff I use a combination of freehand and texture brushes, then I just slap on some outer glow and a gradient overlay (noise, usually) and that's all! I really like just...burning my retinas when I draw, apparently haha.

ooh, seems we both use a version of PS! hopefully i can figure some of this out, i'm not so good at using layer effects to my advantage |D;

i totally get that feeling though, i like neon art like this too

ooh, seems we both use a version of PS! hopefully i can figure some of this out, i'm not so good at using layer effects to my advantage |D;

i totally get that feeling though, i like neon art like this too

You should definitely give it a try! It's a lot of fun to play around with haha

Case in point-

This happened to be the most recent thread posted in for Multimedia and I'm glad I clicked it. Your style is awesome! Thanks for sharing your art!

This happened to be the most recent thread posted in for Multimedia and I'm glad I clicked it. Your style is awesome! Thanks for sharing your art!

Thank you! I'm glad somebody likes it haha

user posted image

You draw really good aliens. Out of curiosity, is the eye in this some sort of parasite coming out of the alien, or is it part of the aliens anatomy?

You draw really good aliens. Out of curiosity, is the eye in this some sort of parasite coming out of the alien, or is it part of the aliens anatomy?

Thanks! They're an original species. And it's an interdimensional portal, really. But it likes to take the shape of an eyeball to help mortal beings see it properly. In a way it's like a parasite, I suppose! The one carrying it, Sol, certainly thinks so. Oh well, his burden to bear haha