Polar

Gifted School for the Extrasensory

Helen had seen his projection and saw his lips move, but... no sound. She had made it down the steps and a few feet down the walk way when he ran up behind her and caught her hand. As sound returned she heard his pleading but she didn't look at him at all.

When he had stopped talking she said softly. "I didn't want to come here. My da has marks like yours. He hasn't been stable since mum died when I was six." She heaved a sigh and looked at him. "I fear rejection..... because that is all I have received. I've been bullied mercilessly in my dance classes, at the park.. asked out by mean boys and even once left in the rain waiting on someone who will never show. Sometimes the happiest of people hide what is broken under a mask of smiles. My da needs me. I keep track of his meds, travel bills, make sure he eats, video chat with him every day when he abroad... He needs me more than you do.... " she looked at her feet. "I can't lose another parent. Adults still see me as a child and I'll always be seen like that... I hate it. I had my license denied, kicked out of clubs, had women at twenty one think I am a eight year old when I am nearly eighteen. Yes me and my da both see the bright side of things. You may not like it, but it the same as your act. To say you close yourself off to not feel anything.... i on the other hand...feel too much I am numb from it.

I need to watch my da so he doesn't do anything stupid.... or at least get one video chat a day to check on him. If that's not allowed I will walk out of here and slip back to my home even if I had to walk the entire way there. I do not care for your apologies... you said it yourself, you'll probably make the mistake again... like you, I am perfectly fine on my own.... I have been talking care of my da and I since I was seven. I don't really need someone to protect me. " she said pulling her hand away letting all sound fade away again. "You hurt me deeply. Until iye see a change in your attitude a sorry will not cut it. In my eyes, you are no different then the ones who bullied you to the kids here. Have you ever thought they may have gone through the same treatment as you before coming here? Has it even occurred to you once?"

--------------------

He took out the note pad. We do train. Finnesh so we can go to partner class. He wrote attempting once again to make it it legible for her. He cleaned up and finished his entire meal putting the tray where it needs to go and waited for her to finish up before giving her a "follow me" motion and lead her to the same class that Ronan and Helen had abandoned.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Serious writer's block for this RP + a whole lot of homework is not a good combination... sorry >.< ))

Ronan tilted his head, listening as Helen dropped his hand and his vision faded to black once again. "I get it. You don't like me. You've had a rough life, but so have I. Trials are part of life. They make you stronger, so as long as they don't kill you in the process." He stopped for a moment, snorting. "Of course I'll make the same mistake again! Believe it or not, I'm human just like you. I make mistakes, you make mistakes, everyone does, however hard they may try not to. Part of being partners is going past that, understand?" He asked rhetorically, before his face twisted up into a wry smile. "Ah, so there's the issue. That's why you hate me so much. It's not just because I hurt your feelings, it's that I hurt everyone else's too. Or at least you think I do. But let me just make something clear for you - I may act like a bully. I may look like a bully. But I'm not. I have never touched any one of these kids past occasional shoves since the day I arrived. I simply rule, if you even want to call it that, out of fear so that they know better than to pick on me." He paused before continuing. "I am not a bully. They fear me for what I can do. You wouldn't want to be friends with a guy that can rip your sanity to shreds within minutes, if you were anything like them. And I appreciate that you at least tried to give me a chance to redeem myself. Sure, I failed, but for me that's not very uncommon. I fail at a lot of things." He smirked. "Making friends, for example. Big failing point right there. You being case in point number one."

Ronan tilted his head, unseeing blue eyes drilling into her own with unnerving precision as he let silence stretch before he signed again. "I will try my best to do better. But I won't... if I don't have someone to smack me every time I get out of hand." He signed slowly, lips turning into one of the first real smiles since Helen had arrived.

~ ~ ~

"Oh, okay." Ashlynn nodded, quickly scarfing down the rest of her meal before returning the dishes and tray and following after him. "This school is huge. How do you remember where to go? I guess just getting lost countless times. I have a horrible sense of direction, it won't be long until I end up wandering aimlessly on my own." She told him, laughing.

Edited by polaristar

((It's okay! I was getting worried! Looks like Ronan isn't getting the point))

Someone to smack him when he gets out of hand? Really? Helen snorted when he told her about not hitting any of the children here. So, she decided to bring him to her level..... by socking him below the belt like she said she would.

"You not get it. Fear makes a bully. You are an adult scarring kids who are already scared from the creature we fight! You abuse your power and it needs to stop. But... you not listen to me. You are human, as am Iye but who is the monster here who scares little children because he's scared of letting go of a bad past? We both make mistakes, but at least iye own up to mine and learn from it. My past made me strong. It looks to me that yours made yourself unemotional and an ass. Moving past mistakes..... you need to move past them first."

She said then took her bag... and continued to walk to the gate. "Come find me when you do. " She called back. She had set her mind on this. No amount of pleading would change it. "Tell head master Iye quit!" And with that she was out of the second gate and headed to the first on the boundaries end.

------------

Fenrir shrugged. He's been here for two years so... He had his fair share of wrong turns until it became second nature. you'll get used to it after a while. He wrote down.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf