LadyCrooked

Silent Hill

Didn't see a thread existing for this..

But is anyone else here a fan of the Silent Hill series?

I've loved them for as long as I remember. I remember The first one i played was the demo for Silent Hill 3 - I was only young at the time, and it terrified me. But I loved it!

My favourite has to be Silent Hill 2 or 4 (despite the fact 4 was never originally supposed to be part of the series)

The scariest enemy for me had to be the first time I encountered the Twin Victims in the prison level in SH4, I was freaked out enough that they pointed and whispered, but when they just suddenly ran I almost had a heart attack. xd.png

That and when ghost's start haunting your apartment and there's nothing you can do about it because you don't have any holy candle's left because Eileen is dumb and keeps getting into fights and needing healing from them >.<

Least favourite of the series. is probably Shattered Memories, but I still liked it enough. I liked the element of the game changing and "psychologically profiling" you as you did certain things, but I didn't like the whole "just keep running" thing. It was kind of annoying and very different from the other games. I also hated the re-imagined Dahlia..she just didn't seem right to me at all!

Also, pretty bummed out that Silent Hills was cancelled, but I don't think it would of been the same as the original games anyway, as the demo PT did seem very different in terms of gameplay.

I'm used to picking up a good ol' pipe and bashing monsters, after all.

So, anyone else played these games, or have any memory of them, ect? feel free to talk about them here

~A Silent Hill fangirl xd.png

I love them too!

I agree completely on the twin victims being terrifying. I also found the pendulum's in SH3 terrifying - it came out of nowhere, and you hear them a long time before you see them >.< and the nurses where awfully loud too. It's the noises that scared me more than any appearance/difficulties. xd.png

I didn't like Shattered Memories much either - it didn't feel like I was playing Silent Hill half the time, where was the rust!? the blood?! the weapons?!!?

And don't get me started on how awful the movies where...

Wow. Someone else who actually enjoyed SH4. So many people I talk to about SH say it's the worst in the series, at the same time saying how Shattered Memories was the best unsure.gif

Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoyed the "can't fight back" aspect of SM, along with the psychological side of it and the little hidden things like the photos and messages and how even those change depending on you.

What I didn't like is that it didn't feel like a Silent Hill game (and I don't know if this is true or not, but apparently it also wasn't meant to be one, like SH4 wasn't). I also didn't like the fact that it felt like it was being marketed as a SH1 remake (as in better graphics, new side-quests and lore, etc), when in reality the only things that tie it to SH1 are the names of the people and places dry.gif And even though I liked the inability to fight back, I thought it wasn't well implemented. Having to hide and sneak a la Amnesia would've been so much better than a constant headlong dash sequence...

Favourite game? I....don't think I can pick one xd.png They all have their own unique reasons for being so good, it makes it hard to pick a favourite.

Creepiest monster in the whole series? The twin victims. Those guys are just so eerie...the story behind them doesn't help either. And the ghosts. The ghosts are pretty shiver-inducing, too (Though I personally found the way Cynthia slithers on the ground the quite amusing xd.png).

As for the movies.....The first one, I'm not gonna lie, I enjoyed it. Was it spectacular? No. Was it particularly true to the games? No. But it wasn't too bad by way of video-game movies.

Revelations, on the hand, was a big steaming pile of dung. The only things I liked in that were the spider-mannequin and the little nod to Origins and Downpour at the end. And who on Earth thought it was a good idea to take an interesting albeit kinda creepy and jerkish character from the game, and turn him into this angsty boring teenage boy whose sole purpose is to be the love interest?

Wow. Someone else who actually enjoyed SH4. So many people I talk to about SH say it's the worst in the series, at the same time saying how Shattered Memories was the best unsure.gif

Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoyed the "can't fight back" aspect of SM, along with the psychological side of it and the little hidden things like the photos and messages and how even those change depending on you.

What I didn't like is that it didn't feel like a Silent Hill game (and I don't know if this is true or not, but apparently it also wasn't meant to be one, like SH4 wasn't). I also didn't like the fact that it felt like it was being marketed as a SH1 remake (as in better graphics, new side-quests and lore, etc), when in reality the only things that tie it to SH1 are the names of the people and places dry.gif And even though I liked the inability to fight back, I thought it wasn't well implemented. Having to hide and sneak a la Amnesia would've been so much better than a constant headlong dash sequence...

Favourite game? I....don't think I can pick one xd.png They all have their own unique reasons for being so good, it makes it hard to pick a favourite.

Creepiest monster in the whole series? The twin victims. Those guys are just so eerie...the story behind them doesn't help either. And the ghosts. The ghosts are pretty shiver-inducing, too (Though I personally found the way Cynthia slithers on the ground the quite amusing xd.png).

As for the movies.....The first one, I'm not gonna lie, I enjoyed it. Was it spectacular? No. Was it particularly true to the games? No. But it wasn't too bad by way of video-game movies.

Revelations, on the hand, was a big steaming pile of dung. The only things I liked in that were the spider-mannequin and the little nod to Origins and Downpour at the end. And who on Earth thought it was a good idea to take an interesting albeit kinda creepy and jerkish character from the game, and turn him into this angsty boring teenage boy whose sole purpose is to be the love interest?

SH4 has one of the most creepy "stories" to it, so for me, is one of the scariest, and I love deep, dark, and twisted things. Hence I loved Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and totally agree the whole "run and don't fight back" aspect should of been a lot more like that. The chase sequences in SM got really annoying when you're lost going round in circles and can't actually stop to find where you need to go because they're inches behind you.

SM didn't feel "dark" enough for me, it did have it's moments - but all in all, they turned it into some sort of cheap..idek how to describe it. They turned Dahlia into a hooker like character, pretty much, which is just disturbing. And if you take the third game into account, it doesn't fit into the series at all, despite it being a "remake" or whatever.

In the original story, at the end of the very first game, Harry takes the baby "Heather" and they run away to escape the SH Order - hence in Silent Hill 3, Heather is found by Douglas, the detective, after being on the run for so long. SHE DID NOT GROW UP IN SILENT HILL >.<

AND I TOTALLY AGREE WITH MOVIE VINCENT BEING AWFUL.

He was an amazing (albeit annoying at times) character, and the fact they turned him into some mildly "attractive" love interest for Heather is stupid

And then..what in the heck did they do to Claudia?!

they turned her into some sort of bondage inspired freakamajig >.<

And they just instantly killed off Douglass, which is also a waste.

And why the heck was Pyramid Head even in the film? They only really kept PH as a "face to the franchise" since he's arguably the most famous SH "character".

*heavy breathing*

ok for now i think i'm done ranting...

but first...

whilst I liked the gameplay in downpour well enough (and the fact it was "free roam" once in SH, and the multiple sideline quests was kind of fun) I didn't think the town seemed as though it was "silent hill" o.O

also.. Gillespie Coal & Iron company? what? o.O

ok now im done xd.png

Don't mind me reviving this thread!

My favorites have to be Silent Hill and Silent Hill 3, mostly because the Mason's are two of my most loved characters. I love them so much....aLSO don't even go there with Revelations. Just. JDHJSHDKJHSJ. It literally pains me with anger. I just can't.