Raphy

Raphy scribbles

I got a Wacom tablet for christmas.... yay!!!!

Now I need to learn to draw... xd.png Guess I'll start a thread and see what happens. wink.gif

Edited by Raphy

I'm always happy for people who get Wacom tablets! Pen pressure is a savior even if it's a pain to set up. Can't wait to see stuff posted! xd.png

oooo~ me too me too. I just draw with a mouse but it ain't that bad. Oh and update if you ever take requests

Here's what I've scribbled so far.....

user posted imageuser posted image

Any and all advice is most welcome TehUltimateMage. biggrin.gif It's not at all like drawing on paper.

I've started with krita, just trying to get the hang of it at the mo.

Dragnilu, I'll happily take requests but I'm really at the very beginning so I have no idea what would come out. xd.png

Edited by Raphy

Yay! Nice dragons! Though it doesn't seem you've managed to get pen pressure working yet (I'm trying to get my tablet to work with Krita, grr… This is why I use Photoshop!)

what is pen pressure? and i think there is a tutorial where you set the tablet and use it on krita.

Ah, silly me. It started working when I restarted my computer. XP

Pen pressure is how the lines on screen react with how hard you're pressing on the tablet. Varying lines is an excellent way to make a drawing much more interesting.

ahh, your arts are already super cool for just starting out!!

how are you drawing dragons what is this witchcraft

is that red stripe holding a smol stripe egg? that's so cute ; u ;

awww, is this the first time you are using a tablet?

starting off is always hard, but you'll eventually get the hang of it; just keep at it smile.gif

Thanks all. I've always been a photoshop person to be honest and I've just got the lastest version too. I just went for Krita because I'd heard a lot of people recommend it. Guess I'll give PS a go instead.

@TehUltimateMage: do use have extra brushes on PS or do you just use the standard ones?

These are a couple of 'doodles I did using the mouse and a online program called Sketchpad 3.7 which is quite good for simple stuff.

user posted image

and an adapted version biggrin.gif

user posted image

guess you can tell what dragon is my obsession... xd.png

@TehUltimateMage: do use have extra brushes on PS or do you just use the standard ones?

Just a single basic round one, really. I change the size/opacity/softness (and sometimes scatter and spacing) myself. When I do need extra brushes, I like to make my own. happy.gif I assume you've found photoshop's brush library? It's well-hidden compared to Krita, I realized xd.png (I find it cute they included a "rubber duck" stamp XP)

Also, yay stripes! What's your favorite color?

Red, absolutely!!! wub.gif I have... shall we say... a few. laugh.gif

I found the brushes quite quickly being used to my old Ps. Just trying to get the hang now. Must remember those layers!

Edited by Raphy

that stripe is so cute! <3 omg aha i totally feel you on the dragon obsession, blusangs are gr8 <33

layers save lives, though drawing on the wrong one is horrible. xd.png

i have krita, but i've never tried it--heard good things, though! one of my friends uses photoshop to paint, and the results are amazing--i just wish i wasn't broke so i could get cs6. ; u ; which version of ps do you use? O:

I have just signed up for Adobe Lightroom which gives you Adobe Photshop CC 2015. It's the latest edition so I have to get used to some of the new updates. I got the monthly plan which is slightly easier on the pocket as I can't avoid to buy it outright.

Everyone is rich. Getting programs and tablets. I cant wait when you draw more stuff.

Oh? Have you used the old photoshops before? (I bought CS6 through my school a few years ago and have been using that ever since). From what I know, nothing much has changed between CS6 and CC, other than the move to the cloud.

I used to have Photoshop Elements 7 which I loved as I knew my way around really well, unfortunately for some reason after updating the computer it wouldn't reinstall.. dry.gif so I'm a bit rusty not having used Ps for a while but I'm finding my way round slowly. Also krita is pretty good too so playing with both.

It's been a busy week back to work but tomorrow I'm looking forward to another day to play with my tablet.

@Dragnilu: Definately not rich! biggrin.gif I was lucky enough to get the tablet for christmas (Wacom Intuos smallest version) from my beloved partner (who was probably fed up of hearing me going on about one) and the Adobe plan 'only' costs 10 euros a month luckily.

Oh! you'll be pleasantly surprised and a bit lost, then. The CS/CC line has so many more features than Elements, iirc.

(And all you people with nice people around you giving you gifts, omg. I had to save up for my tablet, though it was gift money I saved... so technically it was a gift?)

How did I know before I even clicked this thread that the first dragon art I'd see in here would be a stripe? xd.png

How did I know before I even clicked this thread that the first dragon art I'd see in here would be a stripe? xd.png

You know me better than anyone Zavi dear. xd.png

user posted image

I still don't have a clue how to colour properly but I scribbled a black tip.

Edited by Raphy

Work in progress....

user posted image

Any advice on how to color most welcome.. biggrin.gif