Tulpa

Tulpa's Art Thread [ Requests | Art for Eggs ]

ART STATUS:

REQUESTS: OPEN, for a limited time!

ART FOR EGGS/HATCHLINGS: CLOSED, will be open shortly!

[ What You'll Find here ]

General ArtworkFree RequestsArt for Eggs

-General Artwork-

As a formal introduction, you can call me Mark, and drawing is a past time for me. To see examples of my work, see the post below. I've been on dragcave since 2009, and have been active on and off for years. I was mainly active in 2009-2010, 2013-early 2014, and now I'm back here, right at the tail end of 2015. I made my first appearance on the forums in 2013, and now I'm back, to try and keep myself active in drawing. I'm not a stranger to forum art, and I thought this would be a good way on practicing drawing dragons/characters in general! I'll use this thread as a sort of archive of my general dragon art, as I try to learn how to draw these little guys.

-Requests-

As a way to kick off this thread, I thought I'd open requests!

STRENGTHS:

• Canines
  • Felines
  • Feral/Anthro
  • Dragons
  • Animals in general

WEAKNESSES:

• humans - I'm very, very weak on humans, I am able to do them, but they are by far not my strongest point
  • mecha
  • humanoids- the more humanlike, the weaker I am

Feel free to requests dragons, OCs, and anything else based on the list above! To make a request, please fill out this form:

Forum name:

Character/dragon you'd like: (please provide a CLEAR reference for any character, or link any dragon you'd like)

Type of art: (pixel? drawing? icon? chibi? what would you like? please pick an art type from below)

Headshot/half/fullbody: (please pick one)

General idea for pose/expression/mood: (do you want the character to be happy? upset? doing something?)

Anything else?: (anything else you'd like to add?)

PLEASE NOTE: I do these requests in my free time. I have the right to cancel a request at any time, deny any request, and take as long as I'd like. I also have the right to change the type of artwork I do (for example, if you request a flatcolored full image, I may only do a bust or headshot due to time constraints, but I will do my best to do the art type requested!) I may miss details or markings on a character, and I may alter the general idea provided. Quite simply, I am human and doing a service for you for free. Although I will do my best to meet the guidelines set above in a timely manner, things might not come out as requested.

-Art for Eggs/hatchlings-

I also will draw for eggs/hatchlings!

POLICIES:

-I will not begin work until I have received the egg/hatchling.

-You are allowed as many revisions until you are happy with the final product.

-Please allow up to 3 weeks turnaround time.

-You may use my artwork for whatever you like, so long as I am given credit.

Artwork for eggs/hatchlings is based on a trade system. You may offer any of the list above for any type of artwork, depending on what you think it's worth. Please note that I am allowed to refuse an offer if I do not think it is worth the artwork I am providing for it.

EGGS/HATCHLINGS I AM LOOKING FOR (ranked most wanted to least wanted):

• CB Metallics (Silver>Gold>Coppers)
  • CB Legendary Trio (Magma>Ice>Thunder)
  • Cheese Dragons
  • Paper Dragons
  • Prize dragons, low gen
  • CB Xenowyrms
  • CB Blusang Lindwurms
  • CB Almandine/spessartine Pyralsprites
  • Any of the Avatar dragons, low gen
  • CB Purple Lindwurms
  • CB Red dragons (I'm looking to build an army of 100 strong reds)
  • CB gemshards
  • Alt undine hatchlings

Please note for the list above, I will also accept low generations of the dragons above as well, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF purple lindwurms, red dragons, and gemshard dragons. They're just less desired.

To offer an egg/hatchling for artwork, please fill out this form:

Forum Name:

Offering: (link the egg/hatchling here)

Dragon/character: (please link a CLEAR reference of your OC or dragon here)

Type of artwork: (please pick a type of artwork)

Headshot/half/fullbody: (please pick one)

General idea for pose/expression/mood: (happy character? sad character? what do you want them to be doing?)

Anything else?: (anything else you'd like to add?)

If you have any questions at all, please ask me! Thank you!

[ EXAMPLES OF MY WORK ]

[ Sketches ]

Sketches are loosely lined and loosely colored images. Shading is optional!

user posted image

Other Examples

[ Flatcolor ]

Flatcolor images have clean lineart with clean coloring.

user posted image

Other Examples

[ Shaded ]

Shaded images are fully colored, lined, and shaded images.

user posted image

Other Examples

[ More options coming soon! ]

((in the meantime, check out my deviantart, http://elsens.deviantart.com

Edited by Tulpa

[ QUEUE ]

Request slots:

Art for Eggs (CURRENTLY CLOSED):

Edited by Tulpa

Forum Name: Aroara angelwolf (Aroara please)

Offering: will need to be bread, but a second gen bronze prize Dragon easy to breed with my Cb fal wyveren

Dragon/character: if possible her Sarei I have other references on my devi. If not, then him Arkin

Type of artwork: Flat color (if can do the first) shaded (for second)

Headshot/half/fullbody: full body

General idea for pose/expression/mood: playful for both. Have either one you choose stalking something or chasing their tails.

Anything else?: Sarei: her hair is a multitude hues of purples eyes teal. Arkin: his eyes are a light husky ice blue and he's actually a arctic wolf (so white fur. I shaded it to much xp)

Forum name: IheartNightWings

Character/dragon you'd like: Prag is a domestic feline. His pelt is often musssed up, though still extremely soft, and his chest fur is curled a bit. He's a chocolate lynx point with icey blue eyes. ref 1 ref 2 ref 3

Type of art: Just a normal drawing, please, and simply a sketch.

Headshot/half/fullbody: Preferably a fullbody.

General idea for pose/expression/mood: You can really go pretty wild with this, though for a basic personality, he's extremely hyper and typically hyper, though the older he gets he evens out and calms down a bit, more on the mature side. So, think a typical adult, though he does have ADHD. And, he's not exactly sweet, and a bit self-absorbed. So, just about any pose and expression could work.

Anything else?: Your art is gorgeous!

Hiya biggrin.gif

Forum Name: sharlykng

Offering: 3G Prize offspring from Statr, Kami, Rivenese or Seven. If you prefer other lineages you can screen through my scroll (egg in my sig, or just click the lineage link that is also in my sig) for them smile.gif I have a wider range of lineage pairings in 3G prizes.

Dragon/character: Artemis Leafbringer (by Shaydra) (by kivkeaw) (by Alexstrasza)

Type of artwork: Fully shaded/lined/whatnot

Headshot/half/fullbody: Full body piece please

General idea for pose/expression/mood: Surprise me biggrin.gif Artemis knows she's gorgeous and loves to flaunt it by preening excessively.

Anything else?: Awesome art biggrin.gif Are you able to do poodles? If so, I will claim another art spot for my dog tongue.gif

Ooh, Oohhhhhh, your art is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!

Forum name:

Esko_the_Wolf. Esko, if you'd like!

Character/dragon you'd like:

user posted image

My boy here, Esko. (This is art of him done by a friend a while back, on the now-dead Tale of Dragons)

Type of art:

Shaded please. And could you make it an avatar, please? I love my current avatar to death, but I feel mine needs a change.

Headshot/half/fullbody:

Fullbody, please.

General idea for pose/expression/mood:

I'd like a surprise, if you don't mind. For a basic personality, he's a gruff and seasoned wolf, but this should not be mistaken for him being a jerk. He's just a little rough, that's all. He *does* have playful moments, but for the most part, he means business.

Anything else?:

On the other side of his head, there's no spot around the eye.

Hello~! I'm intrested in this and had an idea for some art i'd like done but have been having trouble finding somebody who could make it till now.. that is if this is still open and i'm not accidentally bothering you. My idea will leave a lot upto you as I am not that picky so I hope that won't be a problem.. ^^

Character/dragon you'd like: Top half, basically the arms, chest, wings and head of a dragon, with the lower half that of a snake

Type of art: Shaded, or scetch, which ever one

Headshot/half/fullbody: Fullbody

General idea for pose/expression/mood: I was hoping that it could be like protecting it's egg/nest or something like that

Anything else?: I love kind of 'dusk' and 'dawn' sky colors and the way they blend, so i'd like those colors to be kind of taken into the drawing if possible.