Shokomon

DC Moon Watch (Tracking Sonata Breeding and Eclipse Effects!)

I was wondering. Would anyone like to help post phase changes? I've been making time to do it, but if I'd get too busy, I don't want these posts to disappear.

Is anyone willing? Maybe we could make a schedule?

This is a thing I still need help with.

--

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Crescent --> New Moon No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 0% illuminated.)

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 100% illuminated.)

Eggs are expected to stay Indigo!!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Indigo!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Indigo!

Enjoy breeding and catching eggs!

Pinkgothic's imaged-based cycler that shows the whatever Lunar is dropping): user posted image

Pinkgothic's Daily Dragon Fix page that shows what's dropping and when the others will drop: Link

Millie_Azure's Lunar Herald long term calender: user posted image Link

DC Moon Watch Document: user posted image Link

Shokomon's version of the cycler (also made by Pinkgothic): user posted image

I was wondering. Would anyone like to help post phase changes? I've been making time to do it, but if I'd get too busy, I don't want these posts to disappear.

--

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): New Moon --> Waxing Crescent Phase Change! Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Full Moon --> Waning Gibbous Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Pinkgothic's imaged-based cycler that shows the whatever Lunar is dropping): user posted image

Pinkgothic's Daily Dragon Fix page that shows what's dropping and when the others will drop: Link

--

A little late but...

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Crescent No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waning Gibbous --> Waning Crescent Phase Change! Cirion is expected to become less than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to change from Indigo to a new color!!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Bronze!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Bronze!

I'll help, though it's total Greek to me at the moment so I'd need a fair bit of coaching. I was away for the release, and have never really caught up.

I could probably help too! But I, as well would need some insight on how the phase changes work! I keep getting them wrong..I thought today they'd change to gold, for instance tongue.gif

--

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Crescent --> Waxing Gibbous Phase Change! Aurax is expected to become more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waning Crescent --> New Moon Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 0% illuminated)

Eggs are expected to change from Bronze to a new color!!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Gold!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Gold!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll help, though it's total Greek to me at the moment so I'd need a fair bit of coaching.  I was away for the release, and have never really caught up.

I could probably help too! But I, as well would need some insight on how the phase changes work! I keep getting them wrong..I thought today they'd change to gold, for instance tongue.gif

Oh wow!

Thank you both so much! I really appreciate the offers!

As for the moon phase and their interactions with the Lunar Herald Dragons, let's see if I can explain this in short form...

Er...

That may take a bit, but if you are willing to read, the first two posts of the thread give detailed explanation of moon phases, Lunar Herald colors, and how we came to that conclusion. The first post has a lot of helpful charts, links, and diagrams.

I'll update this post with a short explanation once I figure out a concise explanation.

--

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Gibbous No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): New Moon --> Waxing Crescent Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to stay Gold!!

--

I'm sorry! I haven't had a chance to sit down and make the explanation yet!

--

A little bit late, but...

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Gibbous No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Crescent --> Waxing Gibbous Phase Change! Cirion is expected to become more than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to change from Gold to a new color!!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Silver!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Silver!

--

I'm sorry! I haven't had a chance to sit down and make the explanation yet!

You know what, maybe I should break describing the Moon Phases and Lunar Herald colors into two and explain them one at a time.

With that said, here we go:

Dragon Cave's/Valkemare's Lunar Cycle

user posted image

-And here is a reference chart for what each image stands for:

user posted image

(Where New = New Moon, WXC = Waxing Crescent, WXG = Waxing Gibbous, FULL = Full Moon, WNG = Waning Gibbous, WNC = Waning Crescent)

1) Valkemare has 2 moons, the big golden moon, Aurax, and the small blue moon, Cirion.

2) Cirion orbits Valemare twice as fast as Aurax, so it changes phases every 3-4 days and has a 16-day lunar cycle.

- Aurax changes every 7-8 days and has a 32 day cycle.

3) Phase for both moons are the same and progress as follows:

Full Moon --> Waning Gibbous --> Waning Crescent --> New Moon --> Waxing Crescent --> Waxing Gibbous --> Repeat.

4) Because of the 2 different cycles, phase changes generally occur the day immediately following a full or new moon, 3 days after the day following a full or new moon, and 4 days after that.

- Cirion always changes. Aurax, not so much. (Because it's slower, it changes like this: 1 --> 7 --> 8)

- Example (16 days of the Lunar Cycle):

Aurax: Full Moon - 1 day later -> Waning Gibbous - 7 days later-> Waning Crescent - 8 days later -> New Moon

Cirion: Full Moon - 1 day later -> Waning Gibbous - 3 days later-> Waning Crescent - 4 days later -> New Moon - 1 day later -> Waxing Crescent - 3 days later -> Waxing Gibbous - 4 days later -> Full Moon

(Note how Cirion goes through a complete cycle, while Aurax is only halfway done.)

5) Phase changes occur at 8:00 PM (20:00) EST/DragonCave (DC) time during Daylight Savings or 7:00 PM (19:00) EST/DC time after Daylight Savings ends.

- What the cave is doing now is in Bold

6) You can find the current phases of the moons (and other things) on the DC Time Reference page.

- This page can be accessed through the clock on the Default skin or the Help page.

--

I think that's it for the Lunar Cycle. Any questions?

- And for more info, helpful charts & diagrams, and how we figured this all out, you can always refer to the first two posts in this thread.

Edit: Editing the daylight savings portion, because we are currently IN Daylight Savings Time (DST), and during DST, phase changes occur at 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Timezone [EST](or Dragon Cave [DC] Time), and when DST ends, phase changes occur at 7:00 PM EST/DC.

Edited by Shokomon

Now that the Lunar Cycle has been discussed, let's move on to the Lunar Herald Eggs!

Lunar Herald Breeding Cycle

user posted imageuser posted image

1) Lunar Herald Dragon depend on the amount and color of the moonlight their eggs absorb to determine what color their eggs. So, depending on the phases of the moons, you can get 1 of 4 color choices:

user posted imageGold = Gold Lunar Herald Egg = Golden Lunar Herald Egg = Aurax Lunar Herald Egg

user posted imageSilver = Silver Lunar Herald Egg = White Lunar Herald Egg = Light Lunar Herald Egg = Full Lunar Herald Egg

user posted imageBronze = Bronze Lunar Herald Egg = Brown Lunar Herald Egg = Chocolate Lunar Herald Egg = Dark Lunar Herald Egg = New Lunar Herald Egg

user posted imageIndigo = Indigo Lunar Herald Egg = Blue Lunar Herald Egg = Sapphire Lunar Herald Egg = Cirion Lunar Herald Egg

2) The color that appears on any given day depend on 2 things, how illuminated the moons are, and which moon is illuminated more.

3) Any moon that is illuminated over 50% (i.e. the current phase is Waxing Gibbous, Full Moon, or Waning Gibbous) exerts their color on the Lunar Herald eggs.

- Any moon illuminated below 50% (i.e. the current phase is Waning Crescent, New Moon, or Waxing Crescent ) has no effect on the Lunar Herald eggs.

4) So the combinations that beget certain Lunar Herald colors go like this:

• If "---" Aurax and "---" Cirion illumated = Eggs are "---."

<50% Aurax, >50% Cirion = Indigo

>50% Aurax, <50% Cirion = Gold

<50% Aurax, <50% Cirion = Bronze

>50% Aurax, >50% Cirion = Silver

- Example:
  • 1)
New Moon Aurax + Full Mooon Cirion = Indigo Lunar Herald Eggs

2) Waxing Gibbous Aurax + New Moon Cirion = Gold Lunar Herald Eggs

3) Waxing Crescent Aurax + Waning Crescent Cirion = Bronze Lunar Herald Eggs

4) Waning Gibbous Aurax + Waning Gibbous Cirion = Silver Lunar Herald Eggs

5) So basically, little to no (<50%) moonlight from both Aurax and Cirion means Bronze Lunar Herald Eggs will be dropping/bred.

- Lots of moonlight (>50%) from both Aurax and Cirion means Silver Lunar Herald Eggs will be dropping/bred.

- Lots of moonlight (>50%) from Aurax with little to no moonlight (<50%) from Cirion means Gold Lunar Herald Eggs will be dropping/bred.

- Little to no moonlight (<50%) from Aurax with lots of moonlight (>50%) from Cirion means Indigo Lunar Herald Eggs will be dropping bred.

(Note: What the Cave is doing now, as of this post, is underlined.)

6) There is a set pattern to what color of Lunar Herald Egg will appear next, so even if you don't remember what phases the egg appears under, you can probably guess what egg color will follow the current egg color.

- user posted imageSilver and user posted imageIndigo Lunar Herald Eggs are available for 8 days a piece once in one Valkemare Lunar Cycle.

- user posted imageGold and user posted imageBronze are available for 4 days a piece twice in one Valkemare Lunar Cycle.

- Availability Pattern:

user posted imageSilver -8 days later-> user posted imageGold -4 days later-> user posted imageBronze -4 days later-> user posted imageIndigo -8 days later-> user posted imageBronze -4 days later-> user posted imageGold - 4 days later-> Repeat.

--

And that's it!

Any questions? I hope this helps.

If you are still confused, helpful explanations, diagrams, and charts, as well as how we came up with all this, can be found in the first two posts in the thread.

And if you are still confused by or too lazy to remember all this information, Millie_Azure's Text-based Calendar and Pinkgothic's DailyDragonFix Lunar Hearld page are helpful tools to cheat with use in remembering the cycle and egg colors.

I use the DailyDragonFix page all the time when I have a brain fart and forget everything.

Edit: I probably should add the pattern of how eggs appear.

Edit2: typos

Edited by Shokomon

--

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon Phase Change! Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 100% illuminated.)

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 100% illuminated.)

Eggs are expected to stay Silver!!

--

In an rather appropriate coincidence (aka I didn't plan this), today is the day where both Aurax and Cirion are in the Full Moon phase, which is one of the conventional starting/ending points for a lunar cycle (the other being the New Moon phase.)

As such, I'm going to make a list of all the phase changes starting from Cirion's and Aurax's Full Moon phases, and list them below. It's mostly for convenience's sake and for anyoone who wants to help out or just to see what a full cycle of Phase Change posts would look like.

(Note: I think I'm going to make it a separate post, because it's going to get long...)

Awesome explanation smile.gif

Thanks Ruby! I'm glad to see that someone likes my explanation. I really hope they were clear, and not confusing...

Comments about it are nice.

--------

ON TO THE LIST OF THE PHASE CHANGES.

Valkemare's Lunar Cycle: Phase Change List

--

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 100% illuminated.)

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 100% illuminated.)

Millie_Azure's Lunar Herald long term calendar: user posted image Link

--

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Full Moon --> Waning Gibbous; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Full Moon --> Waning Gibbous; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

--

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Gibbous; No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waning Gibbous --> Waning Crescent; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to become less than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to change from Silver to a new color!!

--

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Gibbous --> Waning Crescent; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to become less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waning Crescent --> New Moon; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to become less than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 0% illuminated.)

--

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Crescent; No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): New Moon --> Waxing Crescent; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to stay Bronze!!

--

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Crescent; No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Crescent --> Waxing Gibbous; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to become more than 50% illuminated!

--

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Crescent --> New Moon; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 0% illuminated.)

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 100% illuminated.)

--

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): New Moon --> Waxing Crescent; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Full Moon --> Waning Gibbous; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

--

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Crescent; No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waning Gibbous --> Waning Crescent; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to become less than 50% illuminated!

--

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Crescent --> Waxing Gibbous; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to become more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waning Crescent --> New Moon; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 0% illuminated)

--

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Gibbous; No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): New Moon --> Waxing Crescent; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

--

Phase Change Today!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Crescent --> Waxing Gibbous Phase Change! Cirion is expected to become more than 50% illuminated!

--

And that's it for the list!

Now, anyone have any questions, comments, or criticisms?

If you are confused about the lunar cycle, lunar heralds, and/or their interactions in general, a short explanation on the lunar cycle and the Lunar Herald breeding cycle can be found on these two posts, respectively.

• And for more helpful explanations, diagrams, and charts, as well as how we came up with all this, you can take a look at the first two posts in the thread.
  • And if you are still confused by or too lazy to remember all this information, Millie_Azure's Text-based Calendar and Pinkgothic's DailyDragonFix Lunar Herald page are helpful tools to cheat with use in remembering the cycle and egg colors.

Edit: Typos.

Edited by Shokomon

--

A little late, but...

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Full Moon --> Waning Gibbous; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

--

A bit late, but...

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Gibbous; No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to change from Silver to a new color!!

Nooey! Andromedae! Can you guys PM, so we can start a schedule for phase change posting? If you guys are still interested that is?

--

--

I'm sorry this is so late, but...

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Gibbous --> Waning Crescent; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to become less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waning Crescent --> New Mooon; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to become less than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 0% illuminated.)

Nooey! Andromedae! Can you guys PM, so we can start a schedule for phase change posting? If you guys are still interested that is?

--

--

Phase Change Today!

Eggs are expected to stay Bronze!!

--

--

Phase Change Today!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Crescent --> Waxing Gibbous; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to become more than 50% illuminated!

--

I'm sorry this is so late, but...

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Crescent --> New Moon Phase Change! Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 0% illuminated.)

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Gibbous --> Full; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 100% illuminated.)

--

I'm sorry this is so late again, but...

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): New Moon --> Waxing Crescent; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

--

I'm sorry this is so late once again, but...

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Crescent; No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

--

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Crescent --> Waxing Gibbous; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to become more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waning Crescent --> New Moon; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 0% illuminated)

--

I'm SO SORRY this is so late. Today was busy, and I came home and totally passed out.

In any case...

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Gibbous; No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

--

Sorry this is late, but...

Phase Change Today!

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 100% illuminated.)

Edited by nooey