AroaraAngelwolf

Square root of.... love?

Colby whistled. "Well, I mean, personally, I like the idea of PDA. Love around and around, y'know?" He winked, laughing, before settling down.

"Yeah," he replied, much more seriously. "Kind of. I just don't like writing--the words get too cluttered up. Plus, my letters are chicken scratch, anyways." A pause. "So how much do I have to write for this to be an essay?" he asked, groaning.

"Five paragraphs at the minimum. Besides, if ..... let's say that if I was about as popular as you, which isn't possible... I wouldn't be chasing skirts so, such displays anyway are frowned upon and I don't see any reason why others can't do it as well in public places. " He said doing his own homework in his tidy scrawl. That was until he quickly added. " I wouldn't be chasing anyone at all, my academic record is astonishing. I wouldn't want to give that up. With my scores I have a high chance of getting into three ivy league schools."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((eep, sorry for my absence!! ; o ; ))

"Popular?" Colby paused at that, tapping his chin with a pencil as he watched Cass work. The male laughed good-naturedly, leaning back. "I doubt it. I just like to make friends, you feel?"

He paused at the other's words, taking a moment to think. "Wow," he finally commented, "you're really smart. But what about friends? Try as you might, it's really hard to get anywhere without knowing someone. Do you have a network?"

Cass let a mental sigh of relief. He didn't catch his slip up on the public display of affection. Not skits but... stop it! "A network really doesn't require friends per say, but acquaintances who admire your works. I have several professors who write to me about how someone so young and with such a high intellectual mind would like to participate in lectures of mathematical applications in the real world. I even had a enlightening chat to a law professor about the constitutional rights for certain minority groups and how it would change how we study the original laws for our view would change. So, to place it simply, yes I have a extensive network of acquaintances..... but none really of my own age. I found a stimulating conversation with another in similar age group as me is .... dumbfounding on how many kids seem to self lower their IQ's to fit in. " He tapped the others paper. "Continue working please. I'm sure you could multi task."

Colby scribbled down a couple of answers, eyes flickering as he listened to Cass speak. "Sounds like you're all set for the future, then," he replied lightly, tapping the other on the head with a pencil. "You're too smart for your own good, I swear." A pause, as he listened to the other speak about his isolation from others.

"Eh," the male said, unsure how to reply, "they're not so bad. I guess everyone is just a little lonely, you know?"

"Einstein, keeps me company. A good person plans multiple outcomes for the future so one doesn't be surprised at the hindrances along the way. " he frowned and irritablely batted away the hand with the pencil so it stopped hitting his cranium. "If you want to be stuck in a library all day go ahead and keeping procrastinating. If you have other plans then get to writing. We have lots of work to do."