Lilraaos

Freak Circus

I've got a few ideas that I've really been wanting to try as a role play. I don't prefer one of these over the other but I really want to play a morality pet (or the one with a morality pet) or a morality chain (or the one chained).

A freak circus, set in an alternate world. The roleplayers play as the performers of the circus whom are abused by the ringmaster. We'll probably make up creatures for the world who travel with the circus and the performers that aren't fully human are treated (mistreated) as animals and even some of the less capable humans are probably beaten as well.

Edited by Lilraaos

Name:What your character is called and/or if they can't remember, their stage name.)

Looks:(How old do they appear?)

Cycles: (What is their actual age?)

Attraction:

Sex: (What is your character's biological gender?)

Sex Orientation: (What gender(s) are your characters sexually attracted (or not) to)

Rom Orientation: (What gender(s) are your characters romantically attracted (or not) to)

Species:

Powers/Abilities: (The power and abilities your character's species possess)

-

-

-

Legends: (Lore about your character's species)

-

-

-

Appearance: (Your character's human appearance if they have one)

overview:

Appearance: (Your character's animal/true appearance if they have one)

overview:

History: (Your character's backstory)

Role: (What is your character's part in this circus?)

ArchiosLukos:

Name: Irene (Show: Ember)

Looks: 18-20

Cycles: >200

Attraction:

Sex: Female

Sex Orientation: Pansexual

Rom Orientation: Panromantic

Species: Grim

Family Tree: Distant cousin of the Reapers

Powers/Abilities:

-Elemental: Individuals are attuned to one element, often the one of their parent(s). They have the ability to summon that element and have high resistance to it.

-Transformation: Human form > Halfbreed > Black dog form

-Cantrip: Most Grims have the ability to learn basic magic such as mending clothing, teleporting, healing wounds, and levitating objects. As they get older, they can learn more powerful magicks

-Myst Energy: Grims, like many supernatural creatures, are a high producer of 'Myst Energy', the same energy used in magicks both light and dark across the world.

-Longevity: Grims live an extraordinarily long time (some sources say up to 5000 years) and during that time they age very slowly and usually stop growing in appearance once they hit mid-adulthood.

Legends:

-It is said that if a person sees a Grim, it means that either they or someone in their house is about to die, or that a terrible disaster will strike the area.

-Grims are drawn to high levels of 'Myst Energy' which collects in areas that are in great peril or where there are many supernatural beings that generate Myst. They flock to these sources like a moth to a flame because they are both attracted to and dazzled by it.

-In all their forms, Grims have one object which ties them directly to their powers and allows them to do things other than transform and have their natural resistance. In some legends, Scotsman would steal this item from a female Grim and she would thus be bound to them, much like a selkie. While some Grims don't mind this (at least for a period of time) others will not give up looking for their binding object and will flee once they find it.

Appearance: (Human) [X]

-overview: Irene is a short woman coming to about 5'4" in imperial measurements. She has a smooth oval face with pale skin and no natural blemishes. What many would describe to be natural beauty. Her features are well-proportioned and soft with gentle curves, but her build is somewhat girly and she has clearly defined muscle in her arms and legs. She has long curly hair coming to her mid-back that is dyed both a brilliant red and dark black in what is supposed to be the impression of flames. She has gentle blue eyes and though she often wears bright makeup for her performances, her true features are always clear

Appearance: (Grim) [X]

-overview: Irene has quite a standard appearance for a Grim; that of a large wolf-like dog with thick curly black hair. She has a long slender muzzle and a thicker-than-average coat of curls. However, Grims are traditionally seen with one object such as a woven bracelet, collar, or a tartan cloth tied to part of their bodies and she seems to be lacking this.

History:

Irene was born to a male Grim known as Athair or MacAthair: a very old icon among the Grim. She has no biological mother, but rather a male member of the fey combined their magicks with part of Athair's being in order to create Irene as part of a favor owed to the old warrior. The process was fairly brief and comfortable, and the fey left the Grim with his daughter after both were sure that the process was complete and done without error. She was raised lovingly by his firm hand, traveling in the northern part of the world atop his shoulders. Ire was well-socialized at a young age and developed a rather mischievous but brave soul. However, the little Grim had quite a temper on her head which was not usually addressed by her father unless it directly interfered with his work.

At her coming of age, Athair set his daughter free on the land to do what she liked in the confidence that she would be wise enough to govern herself. If not, her errors would surely serve to teach her the proper way of things and guide her to the correct path. He continued travel the continent on his lonesome and Irene quickly began a road trip of her own, hitching rides with anyone willing to take her and, being a fairly attractive woman, she didn't have to wait long between rides The thought never crossed her mind that she would ever want to stay with her father, as it is the way of the Grim to live solitary lives when not with mate and pup. She drove away most petty threats she encountered with her hot-hotheadedness and foul mouth and by dumb luck she never got herself into any serious trouble with anyone.

That is, until she encountered the ringmaster. It is said that Grims are born with one item that anchors them to all their powers and, much as with what happens when you steal a selkie's skin, a Grim becomes almost powerless if you take away their item. In their canine form they still have their teeth to fight, but since Grim women are usually on the receiving end of this deception many don't put up enough of a fight to wrestle the item back and become effectively bound to whoever stole it. Unable to teleport or use any of their magic, they often stick around the site or person where their item disappeared and it seldom occurs to them as an option to simply run away. Irene's token is a celtic-woven collar made of silver, and it's been her lot to serve in the circus until she can reclaim it.

Role: Fire Dancer/Breather + Animal Performer

Esko:

Name: Fenyang (Show name: Copycat)

Looks:  --

Cycles: 108

Attraction:

Sex: Male

Sex Orientation: Pansexual

Rom Orientation: Panromantic

Species: Dragon metamorphmagus

Powers/Abilities:

-He cannot turn into anything like a traditional shifter could, but instead mimic others. i.e. turning into an exact copy of, say, Hansel

- He could copy some powers of who he turns into, but 'born' powers like the Ringmasters' Soulmancing. Soulmancing is a born power, and so needs a stronger metamorphmagus to copy. Fenyang is not at the correct power level yet.

Legends:

- It's hard to spot one, making legends hard to come by

- Often mistaken for plain old shapeshifters.

Appearance: (Dragon)

History:

Metamorphmagi have always been hard to come by. Any shapeshifters are feared and so killed, and often metamorphmagi don't even survive to maturation. However, some do, and may be able to blend into society.

Some stick out like a sore thumb. Fenyang is one of those, and was caught by the Ringmaster much too easily.

Role: Animal Attraction, Sideshow

Other:

Name: Kapikan (Show name: Beast)

Looks: --

Cycles: 300 cycles (Daemon) 2 cycles (wolf)

Attraction:

Sex: --

Sex Orientation: --

Rom Orientation: --

Species: Possessed Wolfagon

Powers/Abilities:

- Transformation: Wolf Form > Corrupted Wolfagon Form

- Possession: The demon within Kapikan can jump hosts, but only after it's current one has died

- Weakness: Rubber

Legends:

- N/A atm

Appearance: (Mutated demon form) [X]

Small flames rush out of his red eyes, and he has a sleek black pelt. His underbelly, wings, and ears are red, as well as his horns

Appearance: (Wolf)

His regular wolf form is your generic, state of the art wolf, with grey fur

History:

Although finding a host different from your species was not encouraged, it was rather common to find a demon who chose a host different from their own species. Kapikan was one of the many who made this choice, at the time when he needed a new host to avoid death. He was well known among demons for finding hosts of different species, which was neither a good thing or a bad thing. He lived a normal, demonesque life...

Until he met the Ringmaster. After that, things went downhill. On their first meeting, the Ringmaster was unable to catch the wolfagon, until he saw him react badly to rubber laying around. Then, he used a large rubber trap to capture Kapikan. Now, he's part of the Freak Circus

Role: Beast-taming, whatever they do with the lion or tiger or whatever. You're looking at a person who knows almost nothing about circuses.

Name:  Charles Sanderson (The Ringmaster)

Looks: 27

Cycles: 27

Attraction:

Sex Orientation: Heterosexual

Rom Orientation: Heteroromantic

Species: Human (Soulmancer)

Powers/Abilities:

- Using a wandering souls' power. He DOES have the ability to take the soul of a living

- Talking to souls

- Become really spooky looking and make himself glow. This is for fun

-Some say they're servants of the Grim Reaper. This is because they look like a Reaper in their Soulmancer outfit.

- People often fear them for their abilities.

- They always have a scythe. Always.

Appearance: (Human)

overview: A tall man, standing at about 6'1", he has fair skin and semi-messy black hair, which he wears a black wide-brimmed hat over. His almond-shaped eyes are a soft brown, hiding his cruel...ness. He often smiles a lot, and some even say he has a "baby face". He can be remarked as a 'classic anime boy' when it comes to looks. He wears a cloak most of the time, with the hood down.

Appearance: (Soulmancer)

overview:

History:

His childhood was happy. He ate ice cream, played around, did things you'd find in a "typical" childs' life. However, his family had a burning hatered for beasts, or "Freaks" as they were called. Since they had a hatred for freaks, so did he. Well, his disliking was different. He always found joy in watching them suffer, and when he grew up, he decided one thing: to capture these freaks and put them in one big circus.

Role: Ringmaster

Lilraaos:

Name: Hansel (Show name: Lemy the Ripper)

Looks: 18

Cycles: >180

Attraction:

Sex Orientation: Pansexual (Gretelsexual *cough)

Rom Orientation: Panromantic (Gretelromantic *cough)

Species: Ekistun

-Elemental: Most Ekistun possess control and immunity to fire.

-Transformation: Human form > Halfbreed > fox form

-Enhanced Senses: Ekistuns as a species posses ehanced smell, hearing, vision, stamina and strength that surpass an average human's.

-Myst Energy: Ekistuns, like many supernatural creatures, are a high producer of 'Myst Energy', the same energy used in magicks both light and dark across the world.

-Longevity: Ekistuns live an extraordinarily long time, growing stronger as they grow more tails and age. During that time they age very slowly and usually stop growing in appearance once they hit mid-adulthood.

Legends:

-Ekistuns are famed for having bloodthirsty tendencies. In the olden days, it was not uncommon for villagers to give their local Ekistuns sacrifices once every few months in exchange for healthy crops or a warm winter.

-Ekistuns eyes darken to red the hungrier they get.

Hansel is just under six feet tall, with a little more slender than average build, but still with lean muscles. He has short light blond hair that's parted roughly in the center, with bangs that reach just above his eyes. He has light skin, sky blue eyes, and constantly looks like he's up to something, his mouth in a mischevious smile.

Appearance: (Ekistun)

Hansel is a larger than average fox with white fur and reddish markings on his cheek. Unlike most others of his species, his coat is short.

History: Timeline: Hansel is born (0)-> Gretel is born (20)-> Hansel's parents are killed; He goes to find a village to steal garbage from for food (30)-> Gretel's dad dies, her mom marries a human; Hansel is found by Leon Abelard and captured (50)-> Gretel's mom and stepdad die; Gretel is "taken in" by Leon Abelard; Hansel and Gretel become close over the course of that year (120)-> Julia Abelard is born (140)-> Julia becomes interested in the Ekistun's powers and whatnot so she brings them food as an excuse to study them (155)-> Julia's father becomes bankrupt so he has to sell his Ekistuns to various circuses, selling Hansel and Gretel to the same one (180)

Role: Clown/Pierrot

Other: He killed the former Pierrot so he took its place.

Name: Gretel (Show name, Rin Chan)

Looks:16

Cycles: >160

Attraction:

Sex Orientation: Pansexual (Hanselsexual *cough)

Rom Orientation: Panromantic (Hanselromantic *cough)

Species:

-Enhanced Senses: Ekistuns as a species possess enhanced smell, hearing, vision, stamina and strength that surpassan average human's.

-Myst Energy: Ekistuns, like many supernatural creatures, are a high producer of 'Myst Energy', the same energy used in magicks both light and dark across the world.

-Longevity: Ekistuns live an extraordinarily long time, growing stronger as they grow more tails and age. During that time they age very slowly and usually stop growing in appearance once they hit mid-adulthood.

Legends:

-Ekistuns are famed for having bloodthirsty tendencies. In the olden days, it was not uncommon for villagers to give their local Ekistuns sacrifices once every few months in exchange for healthy crops or a warm winter.

Gretel is a small girl, barely reaching five feet with a slender figure that noticeably lacks in curves. Not exactly what most people would describe as a beautiful woman, most would instead say she leans more on the cute side. She has long white hair that reaches her kneecaps, her bangs are cut just above her eyes while another section grows longer and gently frames around her heart shaped face. Her skin is the shade of porcelain and void of any visible blemishes. She has huge violet eyes with a tiny button nose and a small mouth to compliment her tiny frame.

Gretel is smaller then the average Ekistun when in her fox like form. Her coat is long and white like most others her species.

History: Timeline: Hansel is born (-20)-> Gretel is born (0)-> Hansel's parents are killed; He goes to find a village to steal garbage from for food (30)-> Gretel's dad dies, her mom marries a human; Hansel is found by Leon Abelard and captured (50)-> Gretel's mom and stepdad die; Gretel is "taken in" by Leon Abelard; Hansel and Gretel become close over the course of that year (100)-> Julia Abelard is born (120)-> Julia becomes interested in the Ekistun's powers and whatnot so she brings them food as an excuse to study them (135)-> Julia's father becomes bankrupt so he has to sell his Ekistuns to various circuses, selling Hansel and Gretel to the same one (160)

Role: "Animal Tamer"/Performer

MrSpyro:

Polaristar:

Edited by ArchiosLukos

I'm interested in the first one, not so much in the other ones.

But Inu x Boku. That stuff gets dark quick. But maybe thats only because the beginning seemed so happy

It seems mostly everyone is leaning towards the first scenario but I'd to like know how far I'm allowed to go with the whole abuse thing. Lashes will definitely be a given, there will probably be lots of animal abuse and I don't think the ringmaster will be above pimping out the more attractive females (we wouldn't go into much detail with this) of the circus (as well as the males).

I've done a role play before where I have offended someone with a couple of the following so if there is anything above that even the mention of makes you uncomfortable please notify me so I may remove it. I don't want to make roleplaying an unenjoyable experience for anyone.

Darkneeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss

You got my attention with the dark

*Suddenly appears* I'll do it if you don't let the RP die on me

Both parties feel the same :3

So then it looks like we're going to do the circus one then. I'm going to be honest though, my knowledge of circuses is somewhat limited so please don't think I'll be offended if you correct me ^~^

Can I play an illusionist/magician or would that be the ringmaster's job? TBH, I don't know a lot about circuses either.

I can do a demon wolfagon. Defidently that

And maybe also a plain dragon

Or maybe a metamorphmagus.

Okay, I got a demon wolfagon and a metamorphmagus

I think that would be okay Spyro, I'm think the ringmaster's job to introduce the acts and basically be the owner right?

I think that the role players should role play something similar to humanoid half breeds or full monsters of their own making because that why they aren't seen as humans.

(sort of like what Esko is doing)

I'm not saying that you can't play a human though >.<

Edited by Lilraaos

[B]Name:[/B]What your character is called and/or if they can't remember, their stage name.) 
[B]Age: [/B]
Looks:(How old do they appear?)
Cycles: (What is their actual age?)
[B]Attraction:[/B]
Sex: (What is your character's biological gender?)
Gender: (What does your character identify themselves as?) 
Sex Orientation: (What gender(s) are your characters sexually attracted (or not) to)
Rom Orientation: (What gender(s) are your characters romantically attracted (or not) to)
[B]Species:[/B] 
-
-
-
-
-
-
[B]Appearance:[/B] (Your character's human appearance if they have one)
overview:
[B]Appearance:[/B] (Your character's animal/true appearance if they have one)
overview:
[B]History:[/B] (Your character's backstory)
[B]Role:[/B] (What is your character's part in this circus?)

Edited by Lilraaos

Name: His stage name is Phantasm, his real name is unknown, even to him

Species: A demon called a whisperer, that lacks a physical form but is capableof controlling shadows, creating illusions, and possessing people.

Appearance: Most of his body is hidden by a dark purple cloak, and only his glowing purple eyes are visible, except when he raises his arms, which reveals chains around his wrists that are made of a dark blue metal with glowing, fiery orange runes, and don't seem to be attatched to anything.

History: Phantasm was a demon that was forced to posess a human body by the Ringmaster to be part of his freak circus. However, Phantasm has no memory of this.

Attraction: Illusionist/magician (occasionally helps out in other acts)

EDIT: Polaris posted a similar character. Guess I have to step off.. Screw you mom for making me go look at statues for an hour right before finishing this I'm leaving this form here to see if I can make this guy work without stepping on toes. If not, I'll delete this post and make another character.

Edited by MrSpyro

Ah, I dun goofed and got my phone taken away, and even though I have computer access, it is at summer camp where I cannot upload art. It may take a few days

I don't think there should be much problem with having two illusionist type performers though if these two performers can do all these things to confuse the mind, why can't they use it to escape? We should all be careful not to have really powerful races or to give the races some kind of kryptonite weakness if they are really powerful. (Sort of like ArchiosLukos did with the selkie binding things. Req and my character's will probably have something against silver or steel.)

@Esko: Can't you describe your character and post the art later? ohmy.gif

Edited by Lilraaos

Ah, yes. I'll see if I do not get picked up before I get my sheets done. I won't need much for the metamorphmagus

I'll fix that whenever I get around to finishing my form (probably when I am able to use my computer).

I don't think there should be much problem with having two illusionist type performers though if these two performers can do all these things to confuse the mind, why can't they use it to escape? We should all be careful not to have really powerful races or to give the races some kind of kryptonite weakness if they are really powerful. (Sort of like ArchiosLukos did with the selkie binding things. Req and my character's will probably have something against silver or steel.)

@Esko: Can't you describe your character and post the art later? ohmy.gif

Couldn't the Ringmaster have some kind of amulet that protects them against mind control and illusions and stuff?

Placing a WIP from my phone here. I won't have access to it for too much longer, so I'll continue this in the morning

Name: Kapikan (Show name: Beast)

Age: About 300 years, young for a demon. However, his wolf body has only been alive for two

Sex: Sexless

Species: He is a demon wolfagon, or the body of a wolf infected by a demon dragon. This gives him two forms; a wolf form and mutated demon form. He can only choose another host when his wolf body dies, keeping him trapped and keeping him from infecting the ringmaster out of revenge. His ultimate weakness is rubber. Yes, rubber.

Appearance: Mutated demon form

Small flames rush out of his red eyes, and he has a sleek black pelt. His underbelly, wings, and ears are red, as well as his horns

His regular wolf form is your generic, state of the art wolf, with grey fur

History:

Although finding a host different from your species was not encouraged, it was rather common to find a demon who chose a host different from their own species. Kapikan was one of the many who made this choice, at the time when he needed a new host to avoid death. He was well known among demons for finding hosts of different species, which was neither a good thing or a bad thing. He lived a normal, demon-esque life...

Until he met the Ringmaster. After that, things went downhill. On their first meeting, the Ringmaster was unable to catch the wolfagon, until he saw him react badly to rubber laying around. Then, he used a large rubber trap to capture Kapikan. Now, he's part of the Freak Circus

Attraction: Beast-taming, whatever they do with the lion or tiger or whatever. You're looking at a person who knows almost nothing about ciruses.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Couldn't the Ringmaster have some kind of amulet that protects them against mind control and illusions and stuff?

That sounds good, we could also just say that most mythical creatures are greatly weakened by silver and direct contact with pure silver can even burn them?

Also, does anyone want to play the ringmaster? I feel as if he would be in love with Irene though TBH.

Also, I really liked the way Lukos' form was formatted and I thought it was way more detailed then mine so I hope its okay I changed it to the new template?

Edited by Lilraaos

I would like to. I like both lots of characters and evil peeps. I'll finish my sheet later, don't have too much time to do interwebs stuff

I'm going to change my form later... I just had corrective surgery on my toes therefore I'm not allowed to walk around so I'm limited to mobile. Besides that they're killing me so I'll just fix it later.

Edited by polaristar

Bump? Req and I can probably get our forms done today, since its a Monday I think Esko has access to internet today right? Don't push yourself okay Polaris? >.<

I am on vacation and not in the spot to reply. Or work on anything. Sorry

Name: Hansel (Show name: Lemy the Ripper)

Looks: 18

Cycles: >180

Attraction:

Sex Orientation: Pansexual (Gretelsexual *cough)

Rom Orientation: Panromantic (Gretelromantic *cough)

Species: Ekistun

-Enhanced Senses: Ekistuns as a species posses ehanced smell, hearing, vision, stamina and strength that surpass an average human's.

Legends:

Hansel is just under six feet tall, with a little more slender than average build, but still with lean muscles. He has short light blond hair that's parted roughly in the center, with bangs that reach just above his eyes. He has light skin, sky blue eyes, and constantly looks like he's up to something, his mouth in a mischevious smile.

Hansel is a larger than average fox with white fur and reddish markings on his cheek. Unlike most others of his species, his coat is short.

History: Timeline: Hansel is born (0)-> Gretel is born (20)-> Hansel's parents are killed; He goes to find a village to steal garbage from for food (30)-> Gretel's dad dies, her mom marries a human; Hansel is found by Leon Abelard and captured (50)-> Gretel's mom and stepdad die; Gretel is "taken in" by Leon Abelard; Hansel and Gretel become close over the course of that year (120)-> Julia Abelard is born (140)-> Julia becomes interested in the Ekistun's powers and whatnot so she brings them food as an excuse to study them (155)-> Julia's father becomes bankrupt so he has to sell his Ekistuns to various circuses, selling Hansel and Gretel to the same one (180)

Role: Clown/Pierrot

Other: He killed the former Pierrot so he took its place.

Name: Gretel (Show name, Rin Chan)

Looks:16

Cycles: >160

Attraction:

Sex Orientation: Pansexual (Hanselsexual *cough)

Rom Orientation: Panromantic (Hanselromantic *cough)

Species:

-Enhanced Senses: Ekistuns as a species possess enhanced smell, hearing, vision, stamina and strength that surpassan average human's.

Legends:

Gretel is a small girl, barely reaching five feet with a slender figure that noticeably lacks in curves. Not exactly what most people would describe as a beautiful woman, most would instead say she leans more on the cute side. She has long white hair that reaches her kneecaps, her bangs are cut just above her eyes while another section grows longer and gently frames around her heart shaped face. Her skin is the shade of porcelain and void of any visible blemishes. She has huge violet eyes with a tiny button nose and a small mouth to compliment her tiny frame.

Gretel is smaller then the average Ekistun when in her fox like form. Her coat is long and white like most others her species.

History: Timeline: Hansel is born (-20)-> Gretel is born (0)-> Hansel's parents are killed; He goes to find a village to steal garbage from for food (30)-> Gretel's dad dies, her mom marries a human; Hansel is found by Leon Abelard and captured (50)-> Gretel's mom and stepdad die; Gretel is "taken in" by Leon Abelard; Hansel and Gretel become close over the course of that year (100)-> Julia Abelard is born (120)-> Julia becomes interested in the Ekistun's powers and whatnot so she brings them food as an excuse to study them (135)-> Julia's father becomes bankrupt so he has to sell his Ekistuns to various circuses, selling Hansel and Gretel to the same one (160)

Role: "Animal Tamer"/Performer

Edited by Lilraaos