coalthedragon

Drawings in the Rough

Coal's Drawings in the Rough

user posted image

Don't be a fish. Be a squid.

In this thread, I'll be posting various drawings of dragons, animals, and plenty of other things done by me. Recently, I've gotten back into the habit of sketching, and I'll be taking requests to keep my work varied. Here's a list of what I definitely can do, though I can do other things as well:

• Dragon sketches
  • Pokemon sketches
  • Cephalopod drawings
When I say sketches, I mean drawings without any color or shading. If I have extra time (or I really like the idea/sketch), then I will consider doing a full color/shaded drawing.

As for dragon sketches, I would prefer only to do sketches for people who need them in the Dragon Request forums, so they get priority over other sketches. If you'd like me to do a sketch for your thread, just post the link and any details you'd like to include. I can also do drawings of Flight Rising dragons.

Pokémon sketches... whelp, not much else to say, other than I can do OCs, maybe.

Any sketches I do of cephalopods I would be happy to do with full color/shading because... they're neat :3

Anything else will be judged as the requests come, though I'm not a big fan of doing fan art of things that I'm not very interested in, so it's best to just avoid that when possible.

I'm not particularly good at drawing humanoid creatures or things with feathers or excessive amounts of fur; you've been warned.

Also, drawing takes time! Up to a month if I get busy/lazy, but I'll try to not make the wait too long. But if I don't post anything in like a month, feel free to remind me.

I will only be taking 3 requests at a time for now:

1.Selina_616earth- Blue Robin (8/3)

Completed Requests:

Cubby Winter Magi- Sketch/Color

Xerneas- Color

I am currently... ACCEPTING requests.

Edited by coalthedragon

You're art is rather neat! I may ask you to sketch something if I ever put up a thread in DR

For now...could you sketch a chubby Winter Magi? You have the right to refuse/take as long as you please

Thank you ^^ and I certainly could do a Winter Magi sketch for you, probably sometime this week.

Edit: I actually finished it in one sitting since I had nothing better to do (except summer work but eh), so here's your chubby Winter Magi sketch. Since I've got no other requests and like the Winter Magi's colors, I could do a full color drawing of the sketch, if you'd like :3

Edited by coalthedragon

Thank you ^^ and I certainly could do a Winter Magi sketch for you, probably sometime this week.

Edit: I actually finished it in one sitting since I had nothing better to do (except summer work but eh), so here's your chubby Winter Magi sketch. Since I've got no other requests and like the Winter Magi's colors, I could do a full color drawing of the sketch, if you'd like :3

Awwwwww IT'S SO CUTE

You could? That would be great!

Thank you :3 And I'm about halfway done, so I should have it posted by the end of this week.

@Zen_Cross- Thank you!

@Esko_the_Wolf- Here's your Magi done in full color. Hope you like it :3

AMAZE

ADORABLE

I AM FREAKING OUT that is so great! Thank you!

You're very welcome and I'm glad you really enjoy it tongue.gif Would've replied sooner but summer class drains my time.

Guess this is also sort of a bump since I don't have anything new to post at the moment because, well, I haven't had the time ^^' Maybe next week.

Sure! I could go about doing one, but I probably won't be able to get to it for a week or two. I haven't even been able to so much as glance at my colored pencils for the past week ;;

Sure! I could go about doing one, but I probably won't be able to get to it for a week or two. I haven't even been able to so much as glance at my colored pencils for the past week ;;

Oh, I know the feel. I must art, yet there is not even a pencil ;A; Wai

Anyways, keep up the good work! Still in love with that Winter Magi <3 Though I never knew their eyes were like that

That's why I carry no less that three writing utensils on my person at all times. happy.gif

Your coloring looked like color pencils, but I wasn't sure. From the pictures that load (Photobucket hates my computer for some reason), your colors and shades look so pretty! (I'm kind of jealous, because my colored pencil stuff always looks like a 5th grader's work.) Do you use Prismacolors?

Esko_the_Wolf- Yeah, I hate when I'm just sitting around somewhere and I don't have a pencil to scribble down a drawing...

TehUltimateMage- Yeah, mostly colored pencil, though I do use soft pastels from time to time and thanks so much~ I actually just use Crayola colored pencils since I can never will myself to spend extra money on hobby stuff (though I wish I had some nice Prismacolors!). If you could see the drawing irl, they're all shiny looking from using the cheap Crayola pencils.

Look, more drawings have appeared!

Toxicroak (Color)

Was going to do a background... but for now he can just sit on a clear beam.

Done as a present for a friend. Had to rush near the end, so the shading may look a bit odd in some places (the neck primarily).

Edited by coalthedragon

Wow, it's fantastic! I wonder if I can also ask for a blue robin (have the color blue and black) holding two steel sticks in its claws, fighting?

I'm glad you like it ^^ As for the request... I could certainly try to do that. Is there any thing about it you'd like in particular? Like the wings open, beak open etc. Anyways, I can probably think of something interesting to do with that.

I'm glad you like it ^^ As for the request... I could certainly try to do that. Is there any thing about it you'd like in particular? Like the wings open, beak open etc. Anyways, I can probably think of something interesting to do with that.

Thank you! I wonder do you know Nightwing? Well, it is like the bird version of Nightwing.

Ah, ok. I'll try and fit some of Nightwing's design in the drawing then :3