Vorgin

Of Truth and Elements

"Oh, okay." Carsyn realized as he spoke. "That makes sense. Just as long as we don't get attacked by any more electrically charged wolves, we'll be fine." She said with some amusement. "How much longer do you think the hike will be?" She asked him. It was almost three, and the sun would be setting in a few hours. She didn't mind camping, she was a kirin after all, but there were many unknown predators here and she didn't think it would be best to be here after the sun set.

Xel thought back to looking at the mountain as he flew, and he did see the temple. He stretched for a moment, "Well... We can either get there tonight if you decided to carry me on foot in Kirin form. If we flew, we would be there in a few minutes, and finally if we walked normally we would get there in the morning before noon tomorrow. I know you hate flying now so I'll let you make that call." As he stretched, his wings retracted into his body, disappearing completely.

"I can carry you on foot." Carsyn decided. "It doesn't bother me any, I'm quite strong when I'm a kirin." She told him. "It's no sweat. Just take my pack." She said, putting it on the ground before stepping away from Xel and shifting into her kirin form. It was sorta like watching a small bomb explode, it was so quick and she grew so big in such a small amount of time. "Just grab my pack and get on." She told him, laying down so that he would be able to climb on with little difficulty. "And don't worry about hurting me, it's kinda difficult. Just grab my horn or whatever, it really doesn't matter. Though you'd probably be better holding on to my fur, just sayin'." She sounded slightly amused. She flicked her tail patiently while she waited for him to get on.

Xel blinked as she changed again, no longer in danger, he was able to looked at her with more detail. This form was amazing to say the least. Taking her pack, he put a hand on her side, "You are a lot more smoother than most dragons I know. We all have rough and sharper scales. Yours are more... Sleeker but still firm." After he admired their shine, he got onto her back. While not too heavy, she could feel that he was heavier than most humans in his human form. He grabbed onto something and leaned down low to make them more aerodynamic. "I'm good to go Carsyn."

Carsyn huffed in slight laughter at his comparison. "Thank you. I have heard that before, a fisherman from a few years ago said roughly the same thing. Though I still think he was secretly a werewolf." She chuckled again before standing. He was most certainly heavier than the other humans she had carried, probably because of his draconic genes. "Hold on tight!" She surged forward, moving at a steady twenty miles an hour. Whenever she put her feet down frost would form on the ground below, and sometimes she would puff ice over a flat section and slide across for fun. They were moving at a steady pace before she stopped at a small spring to drink some water before continuing. "Do you need to refill your canteen?" Carsyn asked him, laying down so that he could easily slide off if he should so choose.

Xel was gripped on her tight, a slight frost covering his body from her "ice skating". "No thanks... I'm good... Don't worry about me, the faster we get there the faster we can train, right?" He gave an uneasy smile. In reality, he wasn't used to riding anything, and was getting a small case of riding-sickness. He repositioned himself so he could ride without being thrown around and stuck there.

"Alright." Carsyn nodded, standing and waiting for Xel to position himself before starting again. As if sensing her friend's unease, she didn't slide over the ice anymore, no matter how much she wanted to. Though she did travel at a much faster pace, making sure that no stray branches would catch Xel by surprise. The trees flew by, and her feet made a steady thump thump as they hit the ground, her claws grabbing extra traction making her travel at much faster speeds than a normal horse would. Sure enough, Carsyn and Xel were able to reach the temple be nightfall, and Carsyn stopped so suddenly that poor Xel was thrown over and would have hit the wall if it wasn't for her quick reflexes, reaching out and pulling him back before he could get a bloody nose. "SorryXel." Carsyn said sheepishly, embaressed. "I got used to your weight and almost forgot you were there."

((Just cause it would be funny))

When she caught him, she was holding onto his shirt like she was a cat holding her kitten. Xel's head spun as he tried to regain his composure, "Ugh... please just let me down... You hate flying and I hate fast rides on the ground... next time, you run and I will fly at pace with you. Make us both happy." He brushed off his shoulder as he waited for her to let go of him.

((Pretty much, yeah... poor Xel lol))

"Good idea." Carsyn agreed, gently setting him down on the ground. "You aren't going to fall over, are you?" She asked him worridly, staring at him cautiously with her pale blue eyes. "I'll shift, then we can go in." She told Xel, stepping back to shift quickly before taking her backpack from Xel. "Are you ready for this?"

Xel shook his head and stood up with a wobble. In a quick second he was steady, "Yeah, I'll be fine. Thanks." He grabbed his pack and walked next to her, "Yeah, I'm ready." The temple entrance was a large stone arch with pillars like in ancient Greece. The temple was carved into the mountain so the inside was most likely much bigger than the entrance made it look. As they approached the large staircase, a robed man stood at the top and yelled down to them, "Who goes there?!" Xel looked up and smirked, "Two elementals in search of teaching and guidance in our elements." The man nodded and walked into the temple. Xel took a step up and offered a hand to Carsyn much like when they first met, "A whole new chapter in our lives awaits."

Carsyn watched as Xel told the robed figures who they were... sorta. "You got that right." She agreed with him, taking his hand for the first step. "Are you nervous? Cause I'm kinda nervous. I mean, I'm a kirin. My whole life people looked to me as a sort of leader, a good omen? And now I'm what, one of them?" She chuckled darkly. "It's sort of ironic. And to be honest, when I first became a human I wondered how they actually survived this long." She smirked. "But they are resourceful, I'll give them that. I'm just a little... hesitant. It's my first time being around humans that don't know me... Kirins are very much solitary creatures, I'm not exactly sure how some species can stand living in huge populations. One thing I'll never understand, I suppose." Carsyn said with a laugh and a good-natured grin.

Xel looked at her with a blank stare, right before laughing, "You talk a lot when you are nervous." He took a few steps as he sighed, "You just need to relax... So what you might be the only Kirin. I might be the only dragon here, big deal. They train elementals, they don't care about species. Human, elf, even some merfolk. If our secrets get out, they won't kick us out. Trust me, it will be a fun new experience." He gave a comforting smile.

Carsyn grinned. "Yeah, I do, don't I?" She chuckled. "You're probably right, though. I've met a few of the merfolk before..." She thought idly. "They were very friendly." She smiled at him. "So what do you say we get this party started?"

When they reach the top, the man from before approaches them, "Hello, I am Master Crest, Head Elementalist here at the temple. And you are?" Xel bows, "I am Xel Flame, here to train my Fire element. My friend Carsyn here is to train in Water and the surrounding subtypes." Crest nods, "Very well, we will see you in. We will have your room prepared for your stay. In the meantime you may look around. Master Huo will find you when the time comes."

Carsyn dipped her head respectfully to Master Crest and listened to what he said. "Thank you." She said, ready to see this place. She was excited and nervous at the same time - the last time she had actually had to show respect to anyone was when she was younger. Of course, all kirins showed respect to each other should the stumble across each other in their wanderings, but this was a different sort of respect - one that she was largely unfamiliar with. Heck, most humans gave her the type of respect that these Masters obviously deserved. Shaking of her thoughts, Carsyn waited patiently for Master Crest to see them in.

Master Crest led them in and then went his own way, leaving Xel and Carsyn in a large entrance hall. "Well he said explore before we are shown our rooms." He points to a map on a wall. It's a map of the temple. "Well it's a big temple, where do you want to go first? Dining hall, Library, there is a garden, an arena, a hotspring, and a Rec room too." Xel studied to map while he waited for her decision.

((Sorry, I've been busy lately))

"Hmm..." Carsyn said thoughtfully, staring at the wall in indecision. They all sounded fun, especially the arena and the Rec room. Though if they wanted to meet some people, they'd have a better chance of actually interacting at the Rec room. Rec room it is. "How about we go have a look at the Rec room? Does that sound okay to you?" She asked Xel, staring at the map in order to try and capture it in her memory.

Xel nodded, "Rec room it is... Though my next goal is the dining hall. I could eat a cow or two..." He gave a toothy grin and began to walk to the Rec room. When they got inside, they saw a wide open room, different games and events spread out in what looked like a large stadium. Elementals doing all sorts of track and field events as well as socializing.

((Sorry, I'm on vacation now...))

Carsyn followed Xel as they worked their way through the large school, with so many twists and turns it was easy to get lost even if you knew where you were going. Once they had arrived, Carsyn was shocked at the huge size of the rec area. There were various elemental activities going on around the room, some were playing pool, others chess, and still others playing a heated game of silent football. At the far end of the room, Carsyn saw activities for more elemental-based game, she saw a few water elementals playing an interesting version of a water balloon war - she determined she'd have to introduce herself to her fellow water elementals later. "Eat a couple cows, huh?" She teased Xel, elbowing him in the ribs. "Perhaps we should go before you eat me - I can get bigger than a couple cows!" Carsyn laughed, as she continued watching the busy proceedings of the room with interest. "Lead the way, Xel, we can go eat whenever you're ready."

Xel smiled, "Awesome, they better not be vegetarian meals... I wouldn't be able to live here..." He lead them to a dining hall with long stone tables, and a buffet style food setup. There is foods all types here. Fruits and vegetables grown from the water and plant elementals, and meats hunted on the mountain itself. Xel went over and grabbed a large plate of food. "Stay here too long and I might never train."

((Sorry Dotz. Just got back from vacation today.))

Carsyn grinned and rolled her eyes at Xel's antics as they entered the cafeteria. "Whoa." Carsyn mumbled, shocked by the sheer variety of foods here. Massive buffet tables lined the back, piled high with fruits and vegetables on the right. The middle table held a large variety of different meats, ordered in no foreseeable way that would probably take some time to get used to. Deserts, made with ingredients gathered from the gardens or the mountains were on the left table, and there were several different types of cake, pie, ice cream, and anything else a hungry elemental might have a want for. Carsyn followed Xel's lead, getting in line and grabbing a variety of different types of food, from fruits, to meats, to pumpkin pie for dessert. She laughed and agreed with Xel. If they stayed in here to long, they'd never get anything done. "That's for sure. We better not come here between training, we'd never leave!" She chuckled, sitting down in an empty seat next to a probable wind elemental and a plant elemental across from her.

((Dont worry about it))

Xel sat down with his plant. With a quick lick of his lips, he began to chow down, eating much more than any human could handle. He only had meat and dairy products, refusing to put any fruit or vegetables on his plate. Once his plate was cleaned of by his hunger, he sat back in bliss, burping a small flame from his mouth, "Hehe, excuse me. Where are my manners?" He laughed.