Snowytoshi

Common Checker Competition

Have you ever seen a really pretty EG lineaged common in the AP? Maybe you picked it up with big plans, but it ended up gathering dust on your scroll. Or maybe you decided it wasn't worth the time and abandoned it. Too many of these pretty lineages go to waste - they're never bred or they die or they're bred to hopelessly tangled lineaged dragons. This project was started as a way to encourage people to pick up these sometimes unwanted eggs and do something with them!

How To

• Fill out the sign-up form
  • Once you're accepted find a un/common egg from the AP or from this thread. You cannot have bred it yourself. The egg must be a EG checker with another common or uncommon. Example: 3G Whiptail x Waterwalker
  • In order to start a lineage you must give away at least a 3G in this thread. Please use the "I would like to start a lineage" form to do this. Do not post teleport links in the thread.
  • If you receive an egg in this manner you or the gifter must report the gift.
  • Once your egg is grown to adulthood you must breed a suitable mate.
  • In order for your points to be counted the two dragons must produce at least one egg.
  • Whenever you gain points fill out the appropriate form below for it to be counted.
  • Once you have earned enough points you can fill out a request form for a dragon of your choice.
  • A donator will PM you or you may PM them and directly request it. You may only PM them if it says it okay to do so.
  • After receiving the gift either the donator or the giftee must report the gift.
Rules
  • The egg chosen must be 3G or higher.
  • The egg you choose must be a un/common EG checker with a common or uncommon.
  • The offspring cannot be APed. It can be gifted, traded, or frozen. If it is raised to adulthood on your scroll and a suitable mate is made for it you will receive the appropriate amount of points.
Forms

[B][U][SIZE=7]I WANT TO JOIN[/SIZE][/U][/B]
[B]Scroll Name:[/B]
[B]PM Link:[/B]

[B][U][SIZE=7]I WOULD LIKE TO START A LINEAGE[/SIZE][/U][/B]
[B]Egg link:[/B]

[B][U][SIZE=7]I GIFTED/RECEIVED AN EGG[/SIZE][/U][/B]
[B]Gifter's Scroll Name:[/B]
[b]Giftee's Scroll Name:[/b]

[B][U][SIZE=7]I HAVE A BREEDING TO REPORT[/SIZE][/U][/B]
[B]Link to offspring:[/B]
[B]Points Gained:[/B]

[B][U][SIZE=7]I WANT TO DONATE EGGS[/SIZE][/U][/B]
[B]Okay to PM directly:[/B]
[b]If so PM Link:[/b]

[B][U][SIZE=7]I WANT TO REQUEST AN EGG[/SIZE][/U][/B]
[B]Egg Requested:[/B]

[B][U][SIZE=7]I GIFTED/RECEIVED AN PRIZE[/SIZE][/U][/B]
[B]Gifter's Scroll Name:[/B]
[b]Giftee's Scroll Name:[/b]

Points System

How to Earn Points

• If you're building a lineage each dragon in the mate you make counts as 1 point. This means a 3G would be worth 7 points.
  • If you start a lineage and donate through this thread you will receive one point per dragon in the lineage.
How to Get Prizes
  • Commons: 30
  • Uncommon: 50
  • Rare: 70
  • Very Rare: 90
  • Neglecteds: 200
  • Additional Preferences (CB, particular lineage, hatchling, etc.): 15 each
Rarity is based on: Dragcave Wiki

Members

Username: Snowytoshi

Scroll Link: Snowytoshi

PM Link: PM

Username: HopSketch

Scroll Link: HopSketch456

Donators

Username: Snowytoshi

Scroll Link: Snowytoshi

Okay to PM: Yes

Username: HopSketch

Scroll Link: HopSketch456

Username: dustpuppy

Scroll Link: dustpuppy

Lineages

None yet!

Banners

None yet!

Questions? Concerns? Ask away!

Edited by Snowytoshi

Will there be donators sign-up in the near future?

How would you know the egg is from the AP? What if someone bred an egg earlier and its just low-time?

I commonly breed Gemshard checkers and look for 2nd or 3rd gen mates in the AP. Would Gemshards be considered okay for this project? I'm very interested in it.

Also, I have to agree with Stellaluna22. How would you know if the egg is from the AP? I think it would be a better idea if the checkers were bred and gifted to someone who would continue it.

For example, there could be lists and people could post common checkers they have and other users could breed mates for them to receive points. This is just an idea. It goes along with the allowing of gifting. The point system would be the same and extra points might be given if all dragons were originated from your own scroll. Just a thought. happy.gif I've got more suggestions if they're needed.

Otherwise an amazing concept! Checkers are my favorite type of lineage. biggrin.gif

Edited by HopSketch

Will there be donators sign-up in the near future?

Yes! I just added them smile.gif

How would you know the egg is from the AP? What if someone bred an egg earlier and its just low-time?

Good point, I guess you can't really know. I edited my post, now the egg cannot have been bred from one of your dragons

I commonly breed Gemshard checkers and look for 2nd or 3rd gen mates in the AP. Would Gemshards be considered okay for this project? I'm very interested in it.

Also, I have to agree with Stellaluna22. How would you know if the egg is from the AP? I think it would be a better idea if the checkers were bred and gifted to someone who would continue it.

For example, there could be lists and people could post common checkers they have and other users could breed mates for them to receive points. This is just an idea. It goes along with the allowing of gifting. The point system would be the same  and extra points might be given if all dragons were originated from your own scroll. Just a thought. happy.gif I've got more suggestions if they're needed.

Otherwise an amazing concept! Checkers are my favorite type of lineage. biggrin.gif

Gemshards would be okay! The checker may be made with any uncommon or common dragons. I added a form so that people can breed and gift the checkers as you suggested smile.gif

Thank you for your support wub.gif

Edited by Snowytoshi

Awesome! Let's get this started! biggrin.gif

I WANT TO JOIN

Scroll Name: HopSketch456

PM Link: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...DE=4&MID=218141

I WANT TO DONATE EGGS

Okay to PM directly: Yes, I would prefer if user would PM me directly.

If so PM Link: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...DE=4&MID=218141

Also, would it be okay to gift checkers bred by you? I'm not sure if it would still qualify for points but I'm just trying to clear things up. smile.gif

Also, I caught a CB Thunder that I'm wondering if I could contribute to the Prizes. smile.gif It's still quite fresh by about an hour meaning there's plenty of time left on it. It's also got a bit of a mean code. happy.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/dUfmF

Edited by HopSketch

Awesome! Let's get this started! biggrin.gif

I WANT TO JOIN

PM Link: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...DE=4&MID=218141

I WANT TO DONATE EGGS

Okay to PM directly: Yes, I would prefer if user would PM me directly.

If so PM Link: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...DE=4&MID=218141

Also, would it be okay to gift checkers bred by you? I'm not sure if it would still qualify for points but I'm just trying to clear things up. smile.gif

Also, I caught a CB Thunder that I'm wondering if I could contribute to the Prizes. smile.gif It's still quite fresh by about an hour meaning there's plenty of time left on it. It's also got a bit of a mean code. happy.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/dUfmF

Thank you! Your forms have been added smile.gif

It is okay to gift checkers bred by you, they just cannot be APed.

As for the thunder if someone acquires enough points before its time runs out then of course you can contribute it! Though since the thread is relatively new that might not be possible tongue.gif Very lucky catch though!!

Thank you! Your forms have been added smile.gif

It is okay to gift checkers bred by you, they just cannot be APed.

As for the thunder if someone acquires enough points before its time runs out then of course you can contribute it! Though since the thread is relatively new that might not be possible tongue.gif Very lucky catch though!!

Great! Now, one more question : can I gift checkers found in the AP?

Great! Now, one more question : can I gift checkers found in the AP?

I don't see why not!

Shouldn't this be in the Breeding section? unsure.gif

I wish I had time to get involved, maybe I can just help by donating prizes? I can't get CB rares but I have a few nice lineages I could gift. If that's okay, then I'd like to be a donator.

I WANT TO DONATE EGGS

Scroll Name: dustpuppy

Okay to PM directly: yes

If so PM Link: PM

Shouldn't this be in the Breeding section? unsure.gif

I wish I had time to get involved, maybe I can just help by donating prizes? I can't get CB rares but I have a few nice lineages I could gift. If that's okay, then I'd like to be a donator.

I WANT TO DONATE EGGS

Scroll Name: dustpuppy

Okay to PM directly: yes

If so PM Link: PM

Actually, it's more of a collect, gift and get rewards type of thread so it necessarily wouldn't be in the Breeding section as usually those threads are purposed for lineage projects that only involve breeding. This is more to help collect the checkers in the AP and continue the lines that may have been started long ago... or last week. happy.gif