Lurhstaap

DC Rumors

When I was a newer player way back in '09/'10, I heard somewhere that you were more likely to get a rare egg from breeding if you bred to dragons with a similar body type - that is, if you wanted a silver egg from your silver dragon parent, you should breed it to dragons with a more serpentine body shape (this was before rare x rare was possible). So I used to breed my silvers to stuff like Skywings thinking I was improving my chance of getting a silver. xd.png Obviously that is totally not true, but I believed it for the longest time.

What weird rumors/ideas/beliefs have other people encountered regarding DC? I'm very curious if other people heard that rumor and if any others have floated around over the years.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Wht about the more Legendary trio sets you have, the more chance of a successful summon you get? Is that a rumour or is that a fact?

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=139167

Rather than relying purely on random chance, the likelihood of summoning a Legendary egg now increases with the number of complete sets of the Legendary Trio dragons that you have. If your style of play doesn't allow you to have multiple sets, don't worry; the base chance has been slightly increased as well.

The one I still see from time to time is that you are more likely to get alts if you breed them to rares.

While it is true that many alts have at least one rare in their lineage, this is actually because of the combine factors of limited number of dragons the site started with and that some combinations were (and may still be) very popular. Black and Gold for example.

The number of alt ancestors a Dorsal, Black or Ridgewing dragon has, the more chance of having an alt offspring.