Pestilence420

Destiny

i have $20 on mah xbox, but it is $25 I thought bungie said it was $20 -.-

ps I am in Australia.

It's only 20 bucks for me...I'm sorry D: Maybe it's a typo or something I would call someone who handles those types of things lol

nope, checked xbox live mp on my pc and it said $25..... I am going to rage because us aussies always have to censorkip.gif ing pay more then the usa and Europe. also Au MP (link to aussie mp).

I bought the season pass. I am enjoying so far but the strike they used for the nightfall is a pain because the boss has so much more health than any other boss. I have managed to get a few new weapons, a new extoic helmet, and some new gloves. The raid is a pain though. I got through the first checkpoint then we had to give up.

Edited by thomasgold19

Get the expansion pass after christmas. Its a few days away you'll still get the sparrow and it will transfer to the xbox one.

Anyone finished Crota's End? I decided I wanted to try soloing it, made it all the way to Ir-Yut. Came close to finishing her off a few times but the adds kept getting in my way. *grumble* >.>

I finished Crota's End twice. Both times though we glitched crota and just destroyed him in five minutes. I probably would have done more but I get to the Deathsinger part and then I get lazy because the deathsinger doesn't have drops and I look for a crota checkpoint which is hard to find.

I have this game but find it more fun when playing with others as it solo for me is rather boring.

Add me if you want to group up! smile.gif

Digging this old thread up. PS4, Anyone play Destiny here who would like to get together for raids and other such nonsense?

Purchased Destiny 2 on PC last week, so far I've been having a fair bit of fun with public events, the storyline and patrols. It's been a long time since I played the first; I stopped playing a few months after release for some reason. Comparing it to the Xbox One version I played, the controls are much easier for me to manage and I can actually hit stuff with abilities and weapons. Low-Medium graphic settings look gorgeous, I imagine top range settings would be spectacular. I haven't tried Crucible, Strikes or Raids yet as I only unlocked those yesterday (the Crucible unlocked earlier, I just never did the quest :lol:). Glimmer seems to be fairly useless from what I've seen until you reach a point in the story where some characters become available that you can purchase stuff from. Engrams seem to give the tier of equipment they are colour coded for and so far I've only gotten one item from them that was for another class. I prefer D2's ghost to D1, wasn't a huge fan of Dinklage's voice even digitised the way it was after that patch or whatever.

I'm hoping for some sort of Christmas sale so I can buy the expansions; the base game on it's own was enough of a kick in the back pocket. I haven't noticed any lag whatsoever, given I'm in Australia that's a bit of a surprise. Even if it were peer to peer in some aspects, it's still been a smooth experience.

There's a free trial that you can play up to level 7 and as far as the second area for story quests, as well as access to the Crucible. If you have the space on your console/PC I'd suggest giving it a try. :)

d1's dinklebot was replaced with d1's nolanbot. (I think in the taken king or rise of iron), I still miss Dinklage's voice though.

On 12/16/2017 at 8:44 PM, zorua9 said:

d1's dinklebot was replaced with d1's nolanbot. (I think in the taken king or rise of iron), I still miss Dinklage's voice though.

Was watching a playthrough that was recorded when Dinklebot was still being used, his version sounded a lot better than I remember it. Might've been my TV that made it sound weird, or just my memory of it being skewed. It's a shame the change was necessary, though I can understand why they needed someone who could be a little more available (as Dinklage had a lot of work with Game of Thrones and other things). Nolan's voice is pretty familiar to me as I've played a few games he's been in, probably why I prefer it.

I only progressed as far as the first instance of entering the Temple of Crota in D1, I missed heaps. If D1 is ever re-released on PC I'll be buying it. 

Solstice event armor still looks good, even if the event is a bit lackluster. I like the more subtle glows.

I never thought to look and see if there was a D2 thread here. Bungie just announced the replacement voice actor for Zavala after Lance Reddick's passing. Keith David will be taking up the mantle. Based on his wide range of experience I think he will do a good job. 

I play a hunter, don't have enough time/energy for secondary characters. 

On 8/11/2023 at 7:07 AM, pegasi1978 said:

I never thought to look and see if there was a D2 thread here. Bungie just announced the replacement voice actor for Zavala after Lance Reddick's passing. Keith David will be taking up the mantle. Based on his wide range of experience I think he will do a good job. 

I play a hunter, don't have enough time/energy for secondary characters. 

Welcome to the D2 thread! I play a Titan, I also don't have the time to run secondary characters. I greatly admire those that can manage it; I think I might max out my vault much faster if I did. Bad case of 'but I might need this gun/armor some day...'

I agree, Keith David is an excellent successor to Lance. He also has an iconic voice and is a good actor. I'm glad they're not retiring Zavala's character. As much as I adore Saint-14 and him possibly stepping up as Vanguard leader again, I really want to see the rest of Zavala's story.

My favorite bit of info to come out of the State of the Game, is FINALLY being able to purchase Stasis aspects and subclass stuff, instead of having to do time-consuming quests to do it. And being able to hold more Ascendant Shards and Alloys. Long overdue!

I'm excited to be able to "favorite" shaders. I've wanted to do that since I started back in Season of the Chosen (Feb. 2021). I've had all my Stasis aspects (and Strand aspects) for a while, but I know that will make things easier for those who haven't gotten all of theirs. 

I'm a little sad that Gambit isn't getting much added to it. I enjoy it so much more than Crucible and it's only had three maps the entire time I've played.