RaisingDragons

August Release Speculation

So - what do you think we'll have this month? Possibly the long-awaited and discussed Dragon Cave Encyclopedia?

If not the encyclopedia, what breed/breeds will turn up? We had three last month, will it be three again, or just one breed?

Post your wild mass guesses here!

Hoping for the Encyclopedia, planning for a release. smile.gif

(Hopefully at least one of these will happen. If it doesn't, I will eat ice cream and still be happy. biggrin.gif )

Maybe a Pygmy release? I generally prefer "standard" dragons, but we haven't had Pygmies in a while. So my wild speculation is: there will be a release of two new Pygmy breeds, one of which is a seasonal breed (that changes with the seasons like the existing Seasonals), and one is a fire breed that lives in the Volcano biome. Also there is a third breed that appears tomorrow, but they are invisible and we will never learn of their existence - even TJ doesn't know.

Hopfully the Encyclopedia.

Or a new badge.

Maybe the Encyclopedia is a badge?

I hope it isn't 3 dragons again, I was scrambling trying to get enough of all 3, then all of the sudden I had too many of all of them. xd.png

Two is a good number... I just hope there's dimorphism this time. :/ The last few releases have been mostly only one sprite, it was a bit of a letdown. Frostbites, all 3 avatars, the last 3... Gimme some gender differentials!

I was checking the Calendar and didn't see anything about a new release or any other event. Are we sure there is anything scheduled?

I don't think releases are announced in the calendar, since usually nobody knows in advance if (and when) they will happen. However, there is something like a rule that TJ introduced a while ago, and the latest version of that rule would be "first Saturday of the month, 1 p.m. cave time" if I haven't missed an update. There can always be reasons to make an exception from the rule though, so... we don't really know.

(I also don't know what would happen if the first day of the month is a Saturday, because when the rule was "first Sunday of the month, at midnight", it was later changed to "Sunday after the first Saturday" because people were unsure when the release was supposed to be.)

There's still hard work going on on the Encyclopedia so I doubt it will be released today. I could be wrong of course. It'll be worth the wait though. biggrin.gif

We had three regular dragons last time, so maybe this time it'll be two two-headed breeds or something... that would be cool. xd.png

Oh poop. I just filled up on eggs. D: Like, I even knew it was a possible release weekend, and I did it anyway. I'm dumb sometimes.

Oh poop. I just filled up on eggs. D: Like, I even knew it was a possible release weekend, and I did it anyway. I'm dumb sometimes.

Are they the kinds of eggs that MUST stay on your Scroll? I was lucky enough to be able to Summon my last GoN, so that egg is there to stay, and I also bred an Avatar. So two spots are taken.

Dilemma, dilemma: do I go to the beach right now or do I wait until 1 PM cave time? ohmy.gif

I don't think releases are announced in the calendar, since usually nobody knows in advance if (and when) they will happen. However, there is something like a rule that TJ introduced a while ago, and the latest version of that rule would be "first Saturday of the month, 1 p.m. cave time" if I haven't missed an update. There can always be reasons to make an exception from the rule though, so... we don't really know.

(I also don't know what would happen if the first day of the month is a Saturday, because when the rule was "first Sunday of the month, at midnight", it was later changed to "Sunday after the first Saturday" because people were unsure when the release was supposed to be.)

But the July release was in the Calendar, wasn't it?

Edited by _Sin_

Closing. See the News thread for the new release.