pudding

1x1?

Roxanne went with instinct, and headed to the left. She knew she'd made the right decision once she'd found the robot, waiting. "Good, let's keep moving." The bot chirped. That was knew. "Hey, Storm!" What? The woman looked to the bot, obviously confused. "It's Zeke! I patched the little bugger into my phone so I could keep an eye on you."

"What the hell?! What were you thinking." There was a pause, and Storm could just see him shrugging. "I want to make sure you'll be safe."

"What if Scandal traces the call or something?"

"Don't worry; it's encrypted. It would re-direct her to nearly a thousand different places at once. None of which would be mine." The bot drifted forward again. "It looks like there's a structure up ahead." Storm followed the voice, and then saw what looked like an underground access building. "Huh." Scandal was indeed smart to build her base underground. That took away visibility, and accessibility. As well as, Storm couldn't summon much weather here. She could still generate wind, and electricity, but on a smaller scale. Here, she would have to reply on her training.

Another step back. Then another. And finally one more so that the man sank into the chair yet again. The dark blanket he had created before automatically returned, this time serving as a cloak he could wrap himself in. An idea struck when curled up in his cloak. He wasn't wearing his old clothes. He could re-create them. The cloak soon dissipated to become clothing, wrapping seamlessly around the man to create a black jacket and gloves. Dark jeans and bare feet completed the look. There. That was much better. "What about now?" Scourge asked softly.

Scandal watched the shadowy robes articles of clothing form in confusion. That outfit looked very familiar. With a sudden wheeze, she stumbled backwards, memories rushing back to her. They were limited and sparing but it was enough to make her eyes water. She covered her eyes as the voice spoke up again.

A match has been found dating back a very long time but the documents are locked. Do you recall what passcode you used six years ago?

"Six years?" Scandal whispered, trying to think back that far. "I don't... I don't remember." She winced as she tried to remember before snapping her fingers. "Prepare the memory bank!" she ordered. If she couldn't remember it, that meant she must've erased it.

Scourge stood slowly once Scandal left the room. Once back on his feet, he stumbled after her almost drunkenly. The problem with getting drugged was that he was, well, drugged. Some people, like himself, reacted poorly to drugs of any sort. This became evident when nor only did he crash into a wall and slide down it, but he also threw up right after. As mentioned before, he usually get violently ill when under the effects of narcotics. Because of this, he decided it was best not to follow Scandal. If he did, he'd just get sick again...

Scandal quickly hurried down the hall as the carpet gave way to metal. The rest of her home was fused with the escape pod she had arrived in and covered in futuristic looking devices and wiring that all hook up to one main core. She followed one set of blue wires to an old machine that had not been touched in some time. In the center of the machine was a large drill that hooked up to a nearby computer. It was apparent that whatever the device did, it was not painless. Bypassing the drill, Scandal made her way to the computer and began to rapidly type, her green eyes searching over the screen.

((I agree. That way Storm can jump inside since aside from rushing water and such, Scandal doesn't have much in the way of defense. It would be pretty easy for her to get in once she found the place.))

((I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER))

Huh. It had appeared as if he had passed out. In a puddle of his own vomit. Great. Derek/Scourge stood up upon his awakening. He had regained his senses, but still wasn't sure how to process everything he could recall now. He...wasn't human? Everything he knew about his past was a lie? No wonder he could only ever recall a mother. Derek had always assumed that his father had died, but instead, he had literally never had a father. It was all so surreal. Slowly making his way down the hall, Derek examined his arms and legs. He looked...different. Not bad, just different. Clearing his throat, the man looked about. "Scandal?" He asked. To his own surprise, it was without a stutter. Maybe this was all for the better.

Scandal watched the screen carefully, her eyes taking in the scene. She could see the memory displayed before her in black and white. It was jumbled but the child featured was clearly identical to Derek. He was littler back then-so was Scandal-but it was him. She had created him. And then Storm had stolen him. She felt angry, angrier than ever before. Her hands curled into fists as she stared at the monitor, watching the memory play over and over again.

((Neither can I. Where are you, Raven??))

((Friend's house, Jeeze. First time I go out and be social in weeks, everything booms in activity. xd.png ))

Storm looked back at the singeing metal, then continued forward. She'd have to be silent from here out. A wave of incredible anger swept over her. Yet, it was not her own. Crap. The bot that hovered behind her twittered nervously. "What's-" Roxanne whirled around, bringing a single digit to her lips. "So-" Roxanne sprung forward, clamping a hand over the speaker. The bot whirred quietly. Nodding to herself, and kept going through the maze of the hallways. She had to find him. Where Scandal was, Derek was bound to be close.

Wandering about in the dark lair was somehow okay with him. The darkness seemed to like him, at the very least. And he was comfortable with the darkness. Slowing to a stop as a single, glowing monitor came into view, Derek hesitated. Did he really want to talk to Scandal? Would she be willing to accept him after all this time? After all the kidnappings and torture? Even with these thoughts, the young man slowly skirted around the massive chair to greet the small green woman. As he did, his gaze slowly drifted to the monitor. It...it was him. Little and clumsy him. And he remembered it. As a fresh knife of pain tore into his skull, Derek staggered away with a cry and fell over.

A flashback. That's what people called them. It was a well-fitting term. But everything was much more drawn out than he thought it would be. It felt like real time. In the eyes of a child, he teetered on his feet. Chubby legs soon gave way to crawling on all fours again.

"That's it. You're doing fine." It was...Scandal? But he's never heard her that...nice. "Go on, try again." And he did. Swaying to stand on his two feet yet again, he remained upright this time. His gaze drifting to the woman who had spoken, Derek felt his lips turn upwards at the outstretched arms.

With a gasp, red eyes snapped open. Now curled up on the floor beside the chair, Derek snapped out of his unconscious state. Although it felt as if minutes had passed, he had only been out for roughly thirty seconds. He would've stood up right away to assure Scandal that he was alright, but his head hurt far too much to do such a thing. Instead, Derek curled himself tighter into a ball. That proved it then. What he had assumed to be true was all a lie. His true life was so far from normal, but he could connect a warm, fuzzy feeling with everything he was able to discern as true. There was no identity crisis involved here. Derek was convinced that Scandal had raised him for some time. But how had it ended so abruptly? How had he been kidnapped so many times? He didn't understand.

((I've got some concept art up for Scandal Here))

((LET THE FLASHBACKS COMMENCE.))

Storm passed a dented wall. She traced the indentations lightly. Her vision flickered, then was replaced with another view.

She leaned agaisnt the wall for support, glaring at the green-skinned alien. As her hand lost hold, she fell forward towards the ground. Roxanne was getting her butt handed to her. Having been unwise, she'd exerted herself too early. "You're not getting him back," she spat angrily. "I've already altered his memories." Pushing herself up, she stood unsteadily. "Now it's time for yours too." She reached out, touching her first two fingers to Scandal's temple.

"Hey," she reached out to the young boy. He seemed genuinely frightened by the whole ordeal. "My name is Roxanne. I'm going to help you, ok?"

The scene went dark; replaced with the dented wall once again. She was Remembering herself now. The plan Scandal had had, to use Derek to basically destroy the world. She knew she had to stop it, but she didn't have the heart to kill either one.

So, she chose to instead, tuck their memories away, then seperate them. She'd helped Derek along, building a new life. This time, a normal one. While she'd also done her best to suppress his powers, there could've always been a trigger that undid what she'd done. Now, she hoped that that hadn't happened.

((I hope you guys are alright with the flashback? I'll change it if your not! I didn't want to be too controlling of your guys' characters.))

Scandal hardly noticed anything around her complete fixation on the monitor. Over and over again, she watched the memories play. A long time ago, she figured storing her memories all in one space when they became useless was the best idea. It freed up mental space. But while taking the memories out was one thing, putting them back in was another. She wasn't sure she could. So all she could do was watch the black and white image play over and over again until a cry and a thump caught her attention.

Swiftly, she stood and turned to the ball curled up on the floor, quickly identifying it was Derek. Or was it Scourge? She couldn't know or tell. But that didn't stop her worry. There was a reason she had never killed him, despite everything. She never killed anyone, in fact. Her chase with Storm, everything like that. It was just a big game. She rather liked it as well, aside from the whole being hated thing. But it was changing now. If her memory bank did not lie, she'd actually have someone who didn't hate her. Maybe someone she even cared about in the past, enough so that when they were forced away, she rid herself of the memory to spare herself pain. But that didn't make any sense. The memory bank was reserved for useless memories or things she wanted to duplicate because they were important. The useless ones were trashed immediately and only the duplicate ones were kept. And the scene with Storm wasn't even from a memory, it was part of a video feed. And it very quickly went dark, leaving her no idea what had happened between her, Derek and Storm. So what was going on here? "Derek?!" Scandal called out in alarm, dropping to her knees beside him as she reached out, only to withdraw her hand. No, no touching. She wasn't used to touching. "Do a scan on him," She ordered.

I'll send in the bots, The voice replied and several robots dropped from the ceiling to inspect Derek for any injuries.

((That's so cool looking! I'm probably going to draw something up too.

And I do like Storm taking Scandal's memories more so I'm going to roll with that from here on out, okay?))

Edited by pudding

((Of course! biggrin.gif ))

"Hey, Storm, I'm picking up more bots." She faced the hovering hunk of metal. "What happened to the sound?"

"What? What do you mean?"

"Nevermind," she hissed. "Just be quiet." Roxanne slunk forward, hugging the wall once again. Other memories surfaced now, brought back by the first. They weren't overwhelming. No, more like sudden bursts of images or voices. While she hadn't 'wiped' her own memory, she had forgotten how long it'd been since it'd all happened.

Derek had been one of Scandal's more successful experiments. Now that she'd stepped up the game, to world domination to be more specific, Storm had to result to desperate measures. Scandal wasn't doing run-of-the-mill stunts, like exploding cars. No, it was much more powerful. So, she'd broken into her old base, and stole Derek. Upon doing so, was caught by Scandal. A fight had erupted, and eventually led to the first memory she'd recalled. Roxanne had then taken Derek, and wiped most of his memories. Some she'd altered, to fit with his new life. Along with that, she had to suppress his powers mentally. This kept him from using them accidentally. At this time, Roxanne was young. Around fifteen. She had no clue of the repercussions it could cause in the future. She had been addressing the threat now.

As if out of instinct, Derek remained perfectly still as a diagnostic scan was taken. He remembered the bad parts of his short-lived childhood just as he remembered the good ones. Lots of being cut open and stitched back together. It was basically carved into his head to remain still when prodded at. As soon as the robots finished, a holographic screen displayed itself. Reports of an unnaturally high mental function, mistress. Of course there would be. The usage of his powers had woken up a good bit in him, including other powers he had yet to use and now that they were back, he had no clue what to do. But creeping around him appeared tendrils of darkness, hissing in soft words that only he could decipher.

She's coming...back for you...

She doesn't want you to know...

Bolting upright and bashing his head into one of the robots hovering over him, the man yelped in surprise. At the first instance of pain was he swallowed by the darkness around him. In an instant, Derek was invisible. Hidden perfectly by shadow. Pulling away the darkness as if it was only a sheet, his face was soon visible.

"I-I'm okay. Are...are you?" He asked softly. It was so strange to think Scandal was his...his mother. After five years of kidnappings and this place was actually where he belonged...

Of course she didn't understand the bond she'd broken between 'mother' and 'son'. Roxanne slowed her pace. What if Derek sought out Scandal? What if... Their memories were returning? Roxanne had always tried to ensure Derek's life was the best she could do for him. She was close to him his first year on the surface, keeping in touch and such. However, she began putting distance between them as he grew. She didn't want to accidently spark any memories. And his old ones, of her, she'd blurred to conform to his other family.

But now, him being with his true 'mother' had to be affecting his memories. Roxanne wished she could allow the pair to now truly be united. The consequences were just to great. She shook her head, struggling to clear her thoughts. Focus. The woman rounded a corner and halted, quickly backpedaling. There they were. Well, only Scandal visibly. She could sense Derek, yet read none of his thoughts. They were blended and mushed together, and then broken up into jagged wisps of words. And Scandal? She could never reach into her mind. Something about her... Made it pretty much impossible; unless there was physical contact. Roxanne could still sense her presence, much like Derek's, but her thoughts were just as blurred.

Scandal jumped backwards in alarm as Derek suddenly bolted upright and with a crack, smashed his head into one of the robots. Scandal quickly snatched the robot away and held it in both hands carefully as she looked around for Derek, only to find him gone. What? She frowned and slowly stood upright until his face reappeared underneath whatever thing he had used to render himself unseeable. She opened her mouth to speak and answer him when movement caught her attention. She quickly turned her head to the side and stared at Storm in confusion. How did she get down here?

The robot fell from her hands and quickly teetered off to go get repaired by the mainframe while Scandal slowly turned her entire body to face Storm. She couldn't win unless she had a weapon. Where had she put her death ray? A sudden pain filled her head as the final trigger fell into place and her own memories began to resurface. He stumbled and fell to her knees, her cloak falling in waves around her as she cradled her green head. But that didn't stop her from slowly crawling towards the monitor where her death ray was resting.

What Scandal hadn't yet realized that she already had a weapon. He didn't exactly look like a weapon, but that was exactly what he had been designed to do. As soon as the threat of Storm flickered into his gaze, Derek's demeanor shifted entirely. The shy young man he had been originally vanished. As soon as he was on his feet, the air became noticeably hotter. Every particle in the air vibrated with tension as the room got progressively hotter. The fear of being taken away again drove him to violence. He didn't want to forget. He wanted to stay with Scandal. Finally, after a few seconds of just staring, the darkness that swirled around him caught flame.

"Go away, please. I don't want to hurt you." Derek's voice remained soft, even though the look on his face was far from it. He was afraid, afraid and enraged at the thought of being torn away from his mother again. He wouldn't let it happen this time.

((Sorry, shadow. Editing.))

((Edited.))

Storm's eyes widened in surprise as Scandal fell forward. Her fist instinct was of course, to help, but she remained where she was. She's evil. Moving swiftly, she closed the distance between them. Now Scandal was reaching for something... A gun. Roxanne's face hardened, and she summoned a gust of wind to push the ray further out of her reach. "Why did you kidnap Derek?" Her silver eyes narrowed at her. She kept one hand at ready to summon an element of need-be.

When Derek stood, raising a weapon to her, the woman froze. She gritted her teeth, using a gentler tone than when she addressed Scandal. "Derek, if you still go by that now, listen, I know you're confused. I can explain. Ok?" She lowered her hand towards Scandal slowly, letting it reside by her side.

((I think I'm going to add a male character. Maybe another female too. Any prefences?

Maybe I'll do a form for Zeke...))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

The rise in temperature was quickly noticed by Scandal. As it was, she preferred the cold. Her secret lair was almost always on the colder side and she was very inactive in the summer. This was because the heat was dangerous for her. She had to constantly stay hydrated and cold and the warm was the exact opposite of that. Honestly, why did she even create something that could control the heat? She couldn't know but it was practically the bane of her existence. That had been really stupid of her, either way.

The green alien cradled her head as her skin began to dry out at an alarming rate. She was used to a more stable temperature in her base and hadn't taken any of the pills to help her deal with Earth's fickle weather chances or the sudden heat. She covered her mouth with a hand as her cape settled completely around her, covering most of her body. There wasn't enough time to adapt.

The ceiling suddenly parted as a large group of robots began to make their way into the room, swirling around the group. A few broke off to try to isolate Scandal from the hero by swirling around the villain to protect her.

((That's fine, go ahead.))

((Thanks!

I'll wait for shadow. In the meantime, I'll start my forms.

Name: Zeke

Appearance: Zeke

Personality: He's a guy who tries to the right thing. The rest depends on the situation.

History: Zeke has a long standing relationship with Roxanne. They attended high school together, and became best friends. Even as Roxy's popularity grew, she made time for Zeke. Zeke is the only person that know Storm's true identity. This happened one night after Roxanne snapped, causing one of the worst storms the city has ever seen. He comforted her, and she then told him. Since then, they've stuck together.

Powers:

- Tech wiz.

Others TBD, if any.

Weaknesses:

He's human.

He loves Roxanne.

Other:

Name: Jake Underwood

Appearance: (WIP)

Personality: RP'd

History: Jake is an ex-spy. He began training at the age of fifteen. Originally a German spy, he went to Russia on a mission. But, he fell in love with a woman, and remained, rather than returning to his country. This angered his organization, and they retaliated by killing his wife, then driving him from the country. He then fled to America, becoming bitter and cold. The details are a secret, soon to be revealed.

Powers: He's been genetically altered with slowed aging, enhanced immune system, abnormally superior athletic condition, extensive military hand-to-hand combat, martial arts, and espionage training. He also has enhanced psychological defenses.

Weaknesses: He can be hurt just as any other human. He's also rather sensitive to the mention of his wife.

Other: He has an assortment of weapons on him on all times, as well as he's resourceful. He speaks with a German accent, as well as the language. In anger, he might start rattling off stuff in German.

How's that? Yes, Jake is based off of Natasha. His powers, anyway. xd.png))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((Alright, so Zeke is fine and an agent-type person is fine but Iris is clear out. This is supposed to be set in a fairly regular world so everyone's abilities should have an explanation and be very, very rare. Derek gets away with it because he was created by a being with advanced technology but humans, at this point, won't have the ability to genetically engineer someone. Also, it is supposed to be just a hero vs villain story so having too much of either tips the balance over and makes more of a Justice-League type thing.))