pudding

1x1?

Would anyone be interested in a superhero and villain rp like Megamind? It doesn't have to be exactly Megamind but that idea of a hero and villain locked in comical combat forever sounds really appealing right now.

I wouldn't be hurt or anything if you wanted someone new, but I'd be interested. I think it's time for a few new OCs. smile.gif

Well, I still want the Avengers RP. I just also want a more lighthearted, stereotypical thing with a hero and a villain operating in a city where the villain never wins but constantly kidnaps someone close to the hero anyway and tries a bunch of outlandish schemes that never worl.

Alright, cool! Now, I'd prefer to be the hero but we should coordinate our characters slightly. Unless we want to play them starting form scratch, they should have some kind of history together to the point where their nemesis has basically turned into unusual friendship.

Well, as per usual, I'd like to be a villain. The evil genius type is preferred since he'll probably be one of those misunderstood kids. And, possibly, an alien. What do you think? Stereotypes are key in this, naturally.

That sounds really cool!

I'll do like a superwoman or... Actually I'd like to play Sif, but be able to fly and stuff? What do you think of that?

I'd prefer if these were OCs, actually. So removed from our other hero RPs so we can take advantage of the hero stereotypes. Like the like able, strong hero and the evil genius villain ducking it out. You can have a superwoman but it would have to be your own design.

Ok, I'm going to have a character named Storm. She'll have possession over weather, and be trained in hand-to-hand combat. She graduated high school as like, the most popular student, voted prom queen, ECT.

I'm also going to introduce Raven. Now, if you're okay with it, Raven would still originate from a lab (mad scientist of course), and be able to shape-shift into a wolf (and possibly other animals. That's undecided). She'd be on the fence between good and evil. Maybe leaning towards being a villain's accomplice with a grudge against Storm from high school. Depending how it goes though, Raven just might evolve into her own hero or super villain. If, that is, she's welcome. smile.gif

I'd prefer if we kept it to the usual cast of Hero, Villain, and constantly kidnapped person who's practically in a relationship with the hero. Having more characters than that ruins the dramatics of evil vs good. You're going to need to have a back story for Storm, though.

The form should look something like this:

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

Powers:

Weaknesses:

Other

Name: -

Alter ego: Scandal

Age: 23 (Give or take a few years, she doesn't remember)

Appearance: Scandal has green skin, the kind typically associated with space aliens. Aside from her build, she is very obviously not human. Her hair sticks up wildly in a gradient mane that begins with dark purple and flows to pink by the ends of her hair. Her ears are long and pointed and are capable of moving around slightly on her head to catch different sounds. She's shorter than average, being only 5 feet tall, and very slim to the point where she's very easily bruised and broken. Her feet are slightly webbed, making her an excellent swimmer. Her eyes are green like her body but have whites, making them appear like human eyes.

Her super-outfit is a completely black jumpsuit with a dramatic cape for extra flair. The cape is bejeweled at random and both ends have long rods in them, making it so she can use her cape to beat people up. It's useless for flying, however, but she's working on that.

Personality: Scandal is a nerd and only knows about society from what she can socially blog. Although witty banter is definitely her thing, she is subject to making references to movies and memes. This means most of her sociability comes from what she can observe in media, making her an awkward conversation holder and the user of many cliched sayings. She's evil in name only and while she does her best to live up to the expectation of being evil, she does engage mostly in non-evil behaviors outside of the public eye. She's easy to cross, however, and a fiery temper often gets the better of her. When it comes down to things, the best thing she's good at is stubbornness.

History: Scandal is the sole survivor of a distant planet that was probably exploded or something. She doesn't remember. When she was young, however, she crash-landed in a home and was promptly adopted. While her parents didn't seem to notice or care about her green skin, it did make her very unpopular in the school she attended. She hated Storm from day one for being much more popular than her and other kids constantly bullied her. It didn't take her very long to just go with the flow and become the villain they pushed her to be, deciding to cause as much mayhem as she could. This quickly turned into elaborate schemes against Storm and the city as she did her best just to win and prove she actually amounted to something, even if that thing was evil.

Powers:

Super-intellect

Super-hearing

Weaknesses:

-Super-fraility

-Super-obvious to spot in a crowd.

-Super-socially inept

Other: She doesn't know her own name and is only referred to as Scandal.

Name: Carlos

Appearance: Carlos

Personality: Carlos seems to be a very chipper person with his attention always on the future. He's got a bit of a sarcastic side to him but he's generally well on the path of righteousness. He's an utter fan boy when it comes to the heroes and villain and, more than anything, wants to meet Storm and Scandal.

History: --

Powers:

-The power of good journalism!

Weaknesses:

-He's completely human

Other

Edited by pudding

Scandal sounds amazing.

Name: Roxanne Grey

Alias: Storm

Appearance: I can't describe an appearance to save my life. Anyways, she looks like this, but a little older. Roxanne

Personality:

History: Roxy grew up normally. She went to school, played sports, and so on. It wasn't until seventh grade that her powers emerged. For a while, she became very dark and reserved. Telepathy being one of her powers, she could often feel and hear the thoughts of those around her. By ninth grade, she'd learned to control them with the help of her parents. And thus, began her high school year.

In high school, she was popular, more or less by accident. She swam for the swim team, was on the principal's list, and was in all advanced classes. What some would usually consider a nerd, people flocked to her. But she was not one to indulge in the status she held. However, throughout her years in high school, everyone knew her. Her senior year, was the reason she became known throughout the city. There had been a fire in one of the chem labs, but the old fire alarms had shorted out. While the class evacuated, those on the floor above had no idea the danger they all were in. Roxanne had picked up on the overwhelming fear that had broken down her mental wall, and excused herself to see what was happening. That's when she found the fire. Using her powers, she put out the fire, saving the rest of the school. No one knew, except her closest friend, that she'd used her powers. They thoughts she'd put it out like anyone would, via fire extinguisher. Because of her heroic act, her name spread.

After high school, she meshed into the work force. But, she came to be the residential super hero, using her powers to help those in need; Keeping her true identity a secret.

Powers:

- Weather Manipulation (including flying)

- Telepathy

- Trained in hand-to-hand combat

Weaknesses:

- Her family/ best friend

- Can still be mortally wounded

- The gemstone Zircon

- Can be very reckless/ impulsive

- She can over exert herself, leaving her weak, as well as powerless for as long as six hours

Other: Roxanne owns a small business selling gemstones. She has a knack for figuring out what gemstone fits best with who.

Roxy also is trying to 'get out there' and find a guy.

I think that should cover her pretty well.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Name: Derek Redcastle

Appearance: Derek is of scrawny build and average height, with a tin pair of wire-rimmed glasses. He has messy brown locks that fall to about his ears. His face is long and narrow and cheekbones are rather prominent. Derek also has round, expressive eyes that are a deep olive. His nose is long and sharp that sticks out a bit, though it's rather narrow. Other than that, he's not very special. Derek's arms and legs are stick-like and his elbows and legs are knobby as well.

Personality: He's intuitive and creative, and really has an eye for beauty. Because of this, Derek is optimistic and kind-natured. He is, however, a quiet person by nature. His shyness, along with a case of selective mutism, makes him silent most of the time.

History: Unlike any heroes or villains, Derek was brought up normally. His father had died when he was young, so he was raised by his mother. Other than that, his childhood was normal. After getting a job as a photographer for the city's newspaper, however, he's been in a rut of bad luck. Due to a few wrong-place-wrong-time incidents, Derek is usually tossed from hero to villain willy nilly against his own will.

Powers: Derek is an excellent photographer and artist, though has no actual powers.

Weaknesses: uh...he's normal. So, just about everything.

Other: this will be fun

Name: Scourge

Appearance: Link

Personality: Scourge, if raised properly, could have been a weapon of mass destruction. He is rather serious at times, but is usually quiet and thoughtful. He is incredibly loyal to his creator and looks up to her like a child would his mother.

History: Created by Scandal, he had been kidnapped by Storm. Storm helped him create a new identity as a normal human, and in return, he forgot his true identity. An incident in a kidnapping led him to remember yet again.

Powers: Scourge possesses a power over fire and darkness. He can also stick to and climb walls like a gecko. Like Scandal, he also has accelerated healing.

Weaknesses: as weak as an average human, and is moderately mentally unstable.

Other: uh...nope

Name: Namina Waltz

Appearance: Tall, with green eyes and long black hair. She usually wears a black tank-top with cargo pants. Her skin is a natural dark tan, as her family is Latino.

Personality: Well, she's a bit of an ass, to be put simply. She's loud and rude, and usually snarky at all times. Piss her off, and you're getting an earful and very possibly a backhand to the face.

History: Eh. It's all pretty normal. Mom and dad, tons of siblings. From a wealthy family, but there's no way one could be able to tell.

Powers: No actual powers, but she has a hobby to design weapons and armor.

Weaknesses: Totally human

Other: usually wears some of her little gadgets for kicks.

Edited by shadow_claw

((The only thing is you'll have to limit her telepathy so the schemes can't just be plucked from Scandal's mind. That would be no fun. Be sure to make telepathy limited.

And we've got our reporter! Let's start!))

The low, purple light that filled the wisely but rather uncreatively named Evil-Cave was offset by the bright white light from many upon many monitor screens. Some of them watched street corners, others watched specific people, others were locked on key locations. And in the tall, stark chair that was able to conceal her entire body from the backside, the little alien sat. Watching. Waiting. Scheming.

"ARUGH!" She suddenly roared, throwing her hands into the air and sliding down the chair until her little feet touched the floor. With a huff, she spun around and climbed out of the chair, stomping loudly across the room.

Is something wrong? a voice asked as Scandal leaned dramatically against a nearby desk before completely giving in and just flopping down on top of it.

"I can't think of anything evil," She muttered, pinching her nose. "At first I was like, hey, what if I turn money into hotdogs or something? But then I realized that people just use credit cards and I'd probably be solving world hunger or something like that. And I can't just rob a bank, that's too mundane."

If you're running our of ideas, you could always kidnap Derek Redcastle again, the voice offered up. Maybe you'll think of something on the way.

"I suppose you're right," Scandal muttered with a sigh. She ran her fingers through her hair, fixing it easily back into place. "I mean, anything involving that reporter has always caused Storm to come running. That's why I kidnap him so often, you know?" She picked up her cape from nearby and quickly wrapped it over her shoulders before she began examining a variety of deadly weapons nearby. "Tell the robots to prepare! Track down Derek Redcastle and bring him back here to me! I'm going to prepare the Evil-Cave for his arrival!"

"Hold it. Right there and...perfect." The click of the camera's shutter finalized the shot. The young man lifted his head and smiled at the scene. It was another busy city day, and he was just doing his job. The dark alleyway he stood in had attracted his creative attention. Ivy twisted and climbed its way up a brick wall, and was illuminated by a few strands of sunlight. The scene was all captured with the fourth camera he had to replace. It turned out, getting kidnapped by a super-villain meant she kept your expensive camera. Although he wasn't too comfortable financially, the odd sympathizer usually slipped him a twenty or two. After all, no amount of money could ever compensate for the fact that he was Scandal's favorite victim. It wasn't like he was interesting or anything, either. "It'll stop one day..." He muttered to himself. A soft whirring behind him proved him that it wouldn't stop that day. A rush of air, and Derek staggered forwards in surprise. In his neck stuck out a green-feathered dart filled with a powerful tranquilizer. It had been discovered early-on that simply grabbing him caused too much panic and yelling. So, as the man fell to the pavement, he was quickly snatched up by the metallic creation. Now, time to get back to Scandal.

---

He felt like he was made of lead. Even his eyelids were far too heavy to lift. Instead, a small groan escaped the man as he began to come-to. When he finally managed to open his eyes, he realized quickly that he was restrained. Not gagged, as his selective mutism usually meant he was a silent captive. Derek struggled to lift his own head, leg alone the camera that dangled around his neck as well. "What..." It was too hard to form a complete sentence. After all, his thoughts were cloudy and tongue felt like it shouldn't be there. It would take a little while until he was conscious enough to realize he had been kidnapped. Again.

It had taken barely any time for her robotic minions to return with their captive held aloft. Admittedly, she did keep one of her little robotic spies trained on him so she could watch him. Not in the creepy way, mind you, but rather he was such a good prisoner that it was just easier if she always knew where he was and what he was doing way. Of course, Scandal always paid special care to make sure that monitor was powered off whenever he arrived. The only problem with always knowing where he was meant that she had no idea what to do now. She hadn't been given time to think up some devilish plan before her robots dragged him in, sat him down on a rather nice chair and tied him up.

Mistress, he appears to be waking up, the voice called out as Scandal quickly turned around in her large chair to face her captive. She silenced the voice with a wave of her hands and quickly spun away from the monitors, her chair rolling over to Derek's chair. Okay, she could do this. Deep breaths and just pretend she knew exactly what she was doing. Nobody would be the wiser. After a short consideration, she sat up straighter so she could properly look down at him, one eyebrow slightly raised.

"Enjoy your nap, Mister Redcastle?" She asked, her words slow and low in tone. She had, to this day, never referred to him once by his first name. It just sounded better using last names for some strange reason. "I'll have to apologize for the serum. We had to switch brands after you started to develop an immunity to the last one and we just were not sure what the proper dose was." The great thing about Derek not being much of a talker was that she got to do the talking for both of them. It was great not being interrupted so often. "Just take deep, slow breaths and you'll come to your senses soon enough."

Oh no. He knew that voice. He knew it too well. Muscles involuntarily began to lock up as soon as Derek's foggy mind made a connection. What Scandal hadn't figured out was that Derek was just as socially inept as she. His, however, was all anxiety-based. He was shy and quiet. He was terrified of society. Which was why he usually emailed his photos to the newspaper. The check was sent to his banking account, and no personal interaction was ever done. It was smooth and simple.

As soon as attention was put on him, Derek shrank visibly in his seat. He hated attention. He hated it so much. He just wanted to stay in his warm fog so he didn't have to deal with all the fear and anxiety of being kidnapped. In a rather weak attempt to give himself some space, he pushed his feet against the floor and rolled about a foot away. It had very little actual payoff other than some comfort of distance. Each second brought him more and more to his senses. That, unfortunately, meant he could feel everything again. Including his sharply broken nose. It wasn't as if robots cared if their target had fallen so hard on his face that his nose had broken. Wincing as the pain seeped into his cloudy thoughts, Derek tucked his head to his chest. Oh, that hurt. That hurt a lot and he couldn't even straighten it. Getting drugged and then kidnapped sucked.

"Oh, don't give me that look," Scandal declared as she scooted her sinister looking chair forward, following Derek with much more ease than him. She crossed her arms as one of the flying robots wiggled onto her lap so she could let its back. She very much enjoyed the evil villain stroking a cat in front of a fireplace scene. That was why she had redecorated the room to appear as a dimly-light library and her own rolling chair to look like a large armchair. "But you know, I've been thinking. Why does Storm always save you? It's like, the instant I kidnap you, she comes running. It's crazy, right? Sure there's the whole hero thing but you two are... Like, a thing. Or, that's what the Internet thinks." She stood up and walked away from the chair, pacing slightly. What could she do? She needed a plan and something new. Something original. "Are you?" She asked, looking back at him curiously. She always assumed which was why the constant kidnappings. But were they actually a couple? She wanted to hear it from him. Because, if so, she could use that. Maybe kill him off in some dramatic way right in front of Storm and use her rage against her.

((Help me I'm already making art.))

He and Storm? The very thought made him want to laugh. He tried to avoid attention, and getting involved with Storm in any way was the exact opposite of doing that. He supposed it was why he was so famous on the internet. Anything he uploaded anywhere gathered way too much attention for his liking. He had earned a decent amount of cash from people buying his art, though. So that was nice. But otherwise, he despised it. With a frown and a scrunch of his forehead, he shook his head. "Wh-Wh..." It was almost impossible for him to form solid sentences around Scandal. The downfalls of selective mutism was that he could never talk around certain people. He just...couldn't. "Wh-Why...would a-anyone..." He stuttered weakly. It was too taxing, too terrifying to do. But giving an answer would possibly cut him some slack. Exhausted from his effort, Derek fell silent. He couldn't do it. He just wasn't strong enough.

(( Of course! She would use it for making sure everything is in order and such. biggrin.gif ))

Roxanne lounged lazily in the back of the shop. Luckily, selling gems was a very slow business. She picked up an agate, studying it closely before she set it back down. "Help!" A voice echoed in her head. She followed the mental trail, briefly looking through their thought. Fear ripped through her and her breath hitched. It was a woman, with her small child in the back of the car, pinned against a tree. She flew up, changing swiftly into her superhero suit. It was dark grey leather, with a black cape. The cape was pinned to the leather with cloud-shaped emblems. In a blur, she was out the door, taking careful care to flip the sign to 'Closed' and lock the door.

In a flash, literally, she was at the car's side. Thunder rumbled overhead to announce her presence. "Oh thank god!" The woman called out. "Storm! Please, help!"

"That's why I'm here, ma'm. Despite having used up a lot of energy already, traveling so quickly, she was ready to help. "Alright, I need to know there's no serrated metal that will cut either you or your baby. And try not to move your head." The woman went still. "No, there's-"

"Ma'm?" Storm moved around to the side of the car, looking into the window. She was beginning to convulse. Mentally swearing, she began to push the tail of the car away from the tree. Summoning wind to aid her, she managed to free the side. From there, she pulled the door free, and unbuckled the woman. Careful to do her best to not displace anything, she pulled her free of the reckage and checked her breathing. "Female, around the age of late thirties," she checked her eyes. "Unresponsive." She pulled up her shirt and gasped. The abdomen was bruised and distended. Internal bleeding. She needed to get to an E.R. Now. Moving quickly once again, she grabbed the car seat of the small baby, her purse, and then grasped the woman. This was going to be very tricky. With another flash of lightning, they were gone, and then set down in front of an ambulance bay. "I need some help over here!" A few nurses turned and looked at her with suprise, then snatched a backboard. They hustled towards the woman and lifted her onto the board. Another pair of nurses wheeled out a gurney. "She needs an O.R." They nodded and they all disappeared inside.

Roxanne was shaking from fatigue. Normally she never travelled like that, unless it was an emergency. Which it was. She wasn't sure if she'd done everything right, but she could only hope. Picking the car seat up, she carried it into the E.R. A nurse stopped her. "Storm, do you have any information regarding the patient?" She nodded her head. "Jane Doe. She was in a car accident. This is the child she'd been found with." The nurse took the child carefully. "Here's her purse." An orderlie came and took the purse as well. By this time, she stumbled forward and caught herself by only grabbing hold of the ledge. "Are you ok?" She nodded slowly. "Just fine. Bringing them here kind of exhausted me." The nurse nodded. "If you need a taxi I can call." She shook her head. "I'll be alright."

Oh, right. She had nearly forgotten about that. Well, it was hard to forget that but she forgot how much it got in the way of communication between them. It was a shame they couldn't just hold a normal conversation. "So that's a no?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. Shame. That would have been really cool and useful. What she really needed to do was come up with something or someone she could use to really hurt Storm. Someone who she could use to actually win. For once, that was all she wanted. Kicking her heels slightly, she moved to a nearby bookshelf and watched as it slid sideways to reveal a large selection of futuristic guns. "What's your favorite person?" She asked, not glancing back at Derek as her eyes settled on the newest addition. "I mean, living of course. Or at least something we can get a proper DNA sample from." She turned the gun on as she looked it over. Maybe… This little gadget required a DNA sample but then it could change the appearance of a person to match another's. It could be possible to make everyone in the city look like her. Then Storm wouldn't know who to attack. Or even thinking less broadly, she could use it to make Derek and her switch places. A proper setup and Derek would end up in prison while she figure out what made Storm tick. That could work, couldn't it? "Is it me? I bet it is."

((Later, I want something to go horribly wrong so Derek gets powers. It'd just cause problems for everyone.))

Like Derek would answer her. Even if he could, he wouldn't. She didn't deserve a response. People who didn't care about others didn't deserve his time. He could try to be nice, sure, but it just didn't help a thing to talk to Scandal. That, and he was so terrified of Scandal that he couldn't even speak to her. "C-could you..." There he went again. Talking was hard with his fear, but he had an honest question. "C-could you un-untie...me? M-My nose...I-I want t-to..." With a break of his voice, Derek fell silent. It wasn't even worth trying, really. Although afraid of Scandal, he wouldn't dare to try to escape. That would only make things worse. Besides, he was clumsy and easilt winded the way it was. After speaking, the ashamed young man tucked his knees to his chest in an effort to make himself seem smaller. How stupid! Did he want to get himself hurt? He already wore a few scars from her tests. The thought made him shiver.

((Plot twist: Derek is basically Scandal's unwilling Guinea Pig. Seriously.

I could make this a whole tragic side-plot. Maybe he wasn't really even human. Maybe he was created by Scandal to be a minion. Storm keeps rescuing him because she had kidnapped him originally and created a 'normal' life for him so he had a chance to be something other than a minion. She wanted to give him a choice. But then he started to develop conscious thought and emotions and such. Unable to cope with it all, he suffers from selective amnesia.

Scandal doesn't recognize him anymore either. He's changed too much from the practical child she remembers.

Oh god that would be so cool. It's just an idea though.))

Edited by shadow_claw