Lady_Lunevis

Lunevis' Writings!

"To donate" is defined as "to give in order to help a person or organization" - and by donating your inappropriate clothing, you are certainly helping our entire society progress past such frivolous ideals. ;3

The "Clothing is restrictive" thing is a bit confusing though. Like, it seems to condemn the rest of that particular law. Suggestion: SOCIETE does not wish to promote unnecessary individualism, as it negatively affects productivity. And, well, why shouldn't that affect to your garnments? (refer to chapter [giant number] for more specific requirements on uniforms and exactly which patches of skin you are allowed to show)

Good point, but it's usually meant as adding to something when usually used. Eh, it doesn't matter, more of a perspective thing.

Can't wait to read Court of Masks, by the way!

Nice! I really like how what you're writing is designed to flesh out your ideas instead of being an actual story- it'll be much better and more consistent when the plot is introduced!

One nitpick I have is that "donated" is not the right word for sending the government your improper clothing. Donating is giving something so someone else is using it, not burn it. I know it's part of the slight odd and morbidity of your land, but it still doesn't make much sense since the narrator said both of these things.

ohh thank you so much!! <33 yeah i figured that would help me develop the basis of the world first, yay!!

aaaa oops stares into the wind what is wordchoice

aaa i meant to use donate as a sort of way to sugarcoat what they were actually doing--i'll see if i can find another term, thank you!

"To donate" is defined as "to give in order to help a person or organization" - and by donating your inappropriate clothing, you are certainly helping our entire society progress past such frivolous ideals. ;3

The "Clothing is restrictive" thing is a bit confusing though. Like, it seems to condemn the rest of that particular law. Suggestion: SOCIETE does not wish to promote unnecessary individualism, as it negatively affects productivity. And, well, why shouldn't that affect to your garnments? (refer to chapter [giant number] for more specific requirements on uniforms and exactly which patches of skin you are allowed to show)

ohhh thank you very much!! wink wonk pi has the idea thank you <333

ohhh, i really like that! thank you so much, i'll add that in now. it certainly works and omg i'm so excite aa thank you!! it really sounds like something societe would do laughs

Good point, but it's usually meant as adding to something when usually used. Eh, it doesn't matter, more of a perspective thing.

Can't wait to read Court of Masks, by the way!

ohh thank you <33

admittedly, court of masks isn't all that developed--it was literally something created for me to have an excuse to torture people and make pretty fluttery masks and costumes 8'D

even so, thank you!! i hope to get something on it done in the future no matter how long it takes, yes. c:

I love the way SOCIETE presents itself as a happy, cheerful place but in reality, it's a nighmare.

I'm interested if SOCIETE tells the history as it was (which I find doubtful) or if it tells people that they were animals living in dirt huts before SOCIETE brought the shining light and educated everyone. Kinda reminds me of the Soviet Union but amped up to eleven.

I really like the Court of. Masks idea, I think it's my favorite out of all four! It'd work so well as a story, an RP, or just as a concept!

I love the way SOCIETE presents itself as a happy, cheerful place but in reality, it's a nighmare.

I'm interested if SOCIETE tells the history as it was (which I find doubtful) or if it tells people that they were animals living in dirt huts before SOCIETE brought the shining light and educated everyone. Kinda reminds me of the Soviet Union but amped up to eleven.

ohhh thank you so much!!! yeah haha i was really amazing for that so i'm glad it came off okay!!!

ohh hmm you brought up a really good point, thank you so much!! to answer your question, i honestly don't know. you're correct, they would probably blacklist some things and change the way things really happened, but to what extent i'm actually not too sure. i've been trying to create a timeline that uses both before-SOCIETE time and SOCIETE time (since the two are different), and i think that would help a lot in the long run, such as what happened and everything that lead to SOCIETE's uprising. once i get that down, i'll type up a rough draft for what SOCIETE is and how it came to be!!

ohh thank you!! yeah, i was kind of aiming for that, as well as past chinese history and modern china. my dad and i discuss a lot of these things as well as japan's whitewashing of history. so i really want to pull similar inspiration from what has happened in our history to create SOCIETE to be logical and somewhat realistic--while DAUNT is fictional and the story may involve fictional subjects and possibilities, i like having a solid background to look at. <33

I really like the Court of. Masks idea, I think it's my favorite out of all four! It'd work so well as a story, an RP, or just as a concept!

aaaa cRIES thank you so much!!! <333

ahaha laughs i would actually really like to rp some of my story ideas sometime it seems like it would be really fun!!!

thank you aaa <33 i'm honoured; i really like the idea as well!!! i have some character concepts down as well as a oneshot--if i can find it and fix it up--for it, so i may post that here sometime! OO:

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

No problem! You have great ideas and great writing!

If you want to RP one of your ideas, why don't you write down the basis, and all the different aspects of the land? After, you can plunk it into the Unnaproved RPs or Freeforms, and others can help you develop your ideas! (You'd have to ask them if it's okay that you use the story elsewhere, though).

No problem! You have great ideas and great writing!

If you want to RP one of your ideas, why don't you write down the basis, and all the different aspects of the land? After, you can plunk it into the Unnaproved RPs or Freeforms, and others can help you develop your ideas! (You'd have to ask them if it's okay that you use the story elsewhere, though).

ohhh i'm cry thank you <33

hmm... ohh, that sounds like a very good idea, thank you!!! i honestly don't know if i have the time to keep up an rp lately ( i've been disappearing from the forums too haha why this ), but if something pops up in the future or i feel bored and in need of an rp, i will definitely do such a thing!!!

though i'd probably want to develop the world like heckie first lAUGHS i want details to be done and completed so it makes everything easier. even so, thank you!!! i actually really want to pop something down into the unapproved rp section and wait on that, it sounds super exciting and having others help with development and create characters for it seems so fun.

now i actually want to enter either daunt, colours of ash, or court of masks lauGHS omg koala you're making me so inspired at 4:50 am

ayyy i wrote a short thing for Project DAUNT that crushed my feels rip

i finally came up with characters and wanted to flush them out more--and since i ship Nate / Duke like the world is ending i came up with this and nearly destroyed my feels in the process.

this is rly rough bc i wanted to take a short break from developing so i wrote this for fun ayy

might be a canon scene, might not. i just really love hurting duke

~~

All around them, the fields were burning. The smoking ashes of what once were large green plains resonated off burning bodies, the smell of carcasses and wasted oil filling the air. With a huff, Nate drew his jacket up—trying to hide from the smell, the death, the everything. His wide (nate's eye colour oops) eyes looked around, then at the person next to him with a worried glance.

Duke stood straight and tall, a backdrop of black against the clear blue sky. With a furrowed brow, he scanned the horizon and spoke commands to other around him. The shift in his gesture told Nate that Duke was just as lost as he was—yet he hadn't given up just yet.

Once again, Nate turned his reaction to the horizon. Lined up like a living border were millions upon millions of SOCIETE citizens, properly trained and equipped to the teeth with deadly weapons suited for killing in any way possible. Against such extremities, they didn't stand a chance. To this depressing thought, Nate gritted his teeth and drew his jacket even more around him—since when was it this cold?

They had failed, he thought with surprising finality. (unnamed character) had tricked them, lead them all on false lies and cleverly created scenarios until they were drawn to this site, believing they had a chance at infiltrating SOCIETE's defences and claiming the city once and for all. The dream they had worked so hard to create, born from countless years of structure and planning, was now falling to pieces before their very eyes. They were trapped, fighting a battle to the death they had no way of winning.

From the corner of his eye, Nate saw Terene slump down. The girl had been on the front lines, fighting with gun in hand to ensure their imagined victory. Bleeding heavily from one arm, she had a rough bandage made from scraps firmly tied on that helped ease the wound for now. From within the folds of her pocket, Nate watched as Ter withdrew a cigarette, lit it, and sucked in a deep breath with eyes closed. Nearby, Undine floated with a medical kit at hand, scanning the crowd for anyone who might be injured.

It hurt him, it really did. To see Undine above all people, the girl who they all thought never had hope in the first place, work so hard to keep everyone's spirits up now. Maybe it was impossible, but Undine had beaten such odds before... so could they now?

“Damn it all!” Ace stomped on the ground, his black boots pressing hard into the dirt. A puff of smoke rose from where he'd stepped, and the male angrily took his frustration out on the scattered plants nearby. Nate watched as Duke shuffled, almost as if coming out of a trance, and stared at his best friend like he was seeing something completely new.

“What now?” he found himself asking, eyes focused expectantly on Duke. The mentioned leader turned his cobalt eyes on Nate, and Duke gave him a small smile.

“We wait,” he said.

“Why aren't we moving in?” Ace demanded just as the words left Duke's mouth, and for once Nate found himself agreeing. Perhaps they could try to strike now, make a final stand and take a few of their soldiers down with them? Terene rose to the challenge, banishing her gun with a firm expression as Undine delicately floated over to watch the scene.

Duke held up a hand, silencing them all. “Wait,” he repeated, a soft—and perhaps sad—smile resting on his lips. Nate tilted his head, curiously watching his boyfriend. Although they'd grown close in the time they'd had to know each other, there were still many things about Duke that remained a mystery to Nate. Although he wanted to know what the other thought of, Nate had accepted the fact that it was Duke's choice to tell him or not. Unfortunately, this was not one of those times. He'd been resigned to watch with the others, wait for Duke's master plan to unfold. He'd never disappointed before, so perhaps he still had a few tricks up his sleeve?

Then it came. A single loud blast from a giant horn in the middle of SOCIETE headquarters, just as they spotted the marching squad that crossed into their land with a white flag, waiting.

Nate saw a slow smirk flutter across Duke's features as the other lazily stretched, then waved to the gathered DAUNT leaders.

“Let's go,” he said.

To his words, there was an uprising of complaints. Nate surged forwards, grabbing onto his boyfriend's sleeve just as Duke began to walk.

“Wait—Duke—you can't be serious?” His brows furrowed, and Nate stared at the other with confusion. “If you go down there, they'll kill you.”

“Better to be killed than captured by SOCIETE,” Duke replied, his voice a casual drawl as if discussing the weather. “They come on fair terms. Let's see what they want.”

“SOCIETE has never been fair to Failures,” Ace spat, coming up behind the two. “You're funnny if you think they're going to let us off alive, Duke.”

Duke gave a casual shrug, not bothering with a reply as he escaped from Nate's grasp and marched up to the waiting citizens. Nate stared at his boyfriend, dumbstruck. What had gotten into him? Usually, Duke thought more carefully than this...

“Guess we better go after him,” Terene said with a resigned sigh, and the four made their way across the field, signalling for the other DAUNT troops to come to a halt.

“Welcome, gentlemen.” As they approached, Duke had reached the messengers and gave a languish bow. “What can I do for you today?”

The addressed peacemakers roll their eyes, and Nate flinches—of course, no good citizen from SOCIETE would ever willingly talk to a Failure. “We come on peaceful terms,” one of them says, dressed in all white with the SOCIETE brand etched across his uniform. Possibly citizens of the Humanities Branch, Nate thinks.

“As do we,” Duke swiftly replies, the casual smile never fading from his face.

“We have just ideals,” the man continues, ignoring Duke as if he never thinks. Next to him, Ace twitches just as his hand shifts towards the gun buckled in his belt, but a sharp glance from Terene stops the black-haired male from striking out. Ace grits his teeth and looks down as they awaited the outcome of the exchange.

Duke nodded. “That is what we aspire to have as well. Peace for all and equality, no?”

The peacemaker completely ignores the sandy-haired male as he goes on. “Thus, COURAGE and SOCIETE have been in conference.” The man takes a moment to draw in a breath before speaking. “We have agreed to let you retreat on certain terms.”

Undine gasps, a soft little sound as Nate's eyes fly open. Ace's head snaps up and Terene takes down her cigarette—oh? Nate watches Duke carefully—the blond also looks surprised, a soft step back the only sign of Duke's nervousness. His cravat ruffles in the faint breeze, and Nate has to suppress a small laugh at just how ridiculously fancy Duke can be sometimes.

“And those may be?” Duke's voice is soft, polite, but Nate can see the curiosity underneath. Let them go? That wasn't like SOCIETE, normally merciless to anyone who wasn't them. There had to be a catch...

“We'll let you go on these terms,” the stuffy man retrieves an envelope from within the folds of his coat and slowly unfolds it, taking his sweet time while they wait impatiently. Hurry, Nate wants to shout, unable to take this game any longer.

“One, you surrender all your weapons. There will be a pile for you to throw everything into.” The male clears his throat as Ace growls, unwilling to take such a huge loss. Though, truth be told, Nate thought that was fair for the exchange of so many lives that could be saved.

“Is that all?” Duke questions testily, and Nate wants to tell his boyfriend to be quiet for once.

“Two, this is a one-time offer. The next time you will be as foolish to attack SOCIETE, we will go into battle with hesitation.” Above the folds of the paper, the male glares at them all.

“Understood,” Duke replies, unusually serious.

“Lastly, you must come with us.” The male meets Duke's stare head on, and for a few split seconds the world erupts into chaos. Nate takes a few seconds to process the words, and in that time Duke stumbles back, obviously surprised. His coat flies in the wind as he stares at the SOCIETE member, startled.

“I—I beg your pardon?” He speaks carefully enough, though Nate can see Duke is obviously shaken. The messenger glares, obviously impatient. Nate has no doubt he thinks this is a waste of time; after all, in their eyes all of DAUNT is nothing but dirty scum. The man clears his throat and speaks again.

“You heard me. As a sign of your defeat, SOCIETE asks that you peacefully come with us into custody. If you surrender your weapons and do so, our great nation will be generous enough to let the rest of your....” The man gazes around, and Nate freezes when he feels the older's piercing stare glare right at him. “team,” he eventually says, the faintest of a suppressed smirk touching his lips. “go free.”

In front, Duke bites his lip as he considers the deal. Ace surges up, only to be held back by Terene, who is looking at their leader with worried eyes.

“Duke—“ she starts to say, but is cut off by a sharp glance from the SOCIETE official. They didn't want anyone interrupting, it seemed. Nate focuses his gaze to stare holes into the back of his boyfriend, attempting to channel his thoughts to the other.

Don't do it, he begs in his mind. We'll figure out a way. Duke...

“So?” the SOCIETE official prompts, striking the flag on the ground. “What is your verdict?”

“Tell me,” Duke prompts, ignoring the noise of annoyance the official made at being ignored. “What if I refused?”

The messenger stops, blinking in surprise before he recovered himself and spoke, addressing them in a dead monotone.

“Then your assembled army shall be wiped out immediately. SOCIETE does not tolerate any threats to our system.”

To this, Nate sees Ace visibly tense. The odds were not looking good, not at all... with worried eyes, he scanned the horizon. Was there any chance of escape? Not with such a large army—it would be impossible to be so mobile they could escape the better weapons and technology SOCIETE possessed.

It was almost like everything had happened in slow motion. He watched as Duke looked over his shoulder and flung Ace a cheeky grin, then slowly looked around until his eyes met Nate. It was a quick one-second thing, a brief glance that might've dismissed Nate for nothing but an onlooker. His boyfriend casually looked across him, almost as if he wasn't there. Confused, Nate stared at the blond hair of Duke, messed from the tormenting battle. His eyes sought out every part of Duke, yet all the other had to show off was his back.

“Well,” Duke spoke with an air of finality. “I guess there's not much to do but agree.”

Nate watches as Duke casually steps across the battle border, facing the SOCIETE messengers head-on. He doesn't look back; not once, not at all. A depressing resolution hangs in the air as Nate feels the officials eyes on him, on all of them.

“Hand over your weapons,” he commands, and there's a moment where Ace surges forward with a yell, his gun suddenly pulled from the holster to equip in hand in the flash of a second. There's a look of utter surprise on the official's face, and Nate takes a moment to relish in the emotion before they hear a loud noise that echoes across the platform.

Bang.

And then Ace is on the ground, screaming as he clutches his leg, and Duke whirls around, surprised. Terene still has her gun raised, her bad arm at her side as she stares down at Ace, who grasps onto her leg with a bloody hand. His eyes speak of murderous intent as he rasps out insults, calling her every name in the book. To silence him, Terene lifts a leg and steps firmly down on her victim's chest, silencing the DAUNT member for the moment being.

“Take him,” she dismisses as her eyes flicker across Duke. “We didn't need him anyway.”

Despite his instincts, Nate feels himself step forward—how could Terene say that? She was there, she helped them build DAUNT from the ground up. How could she throw it all away?

censorkip.gif***s.” Ace hisses, clearly in pain. His fingers grasp weakly for his gun, knocked to the side by his sudden fall. “Cowards.”

“Terene,” Nate finds himself speaking as he approaches the female from behind, carefully as to not anger her. “What are you doing?” he hisses, unable to look away from the struggling Ace.

“Nate,” Undine says softly before Terene has a chance to reply, and when Nate turns his gaze to her he sees an emotion he doesn’t quite understand in her brown eyes. She looks about to say more, but then suddenly stops—and Nate wonders, will they finally cry after they've retreated? Such a world trained them to never show weakness, but it was impossible to contain real human emotions sometimes. He stared at Terene's back, and he wondered.

“We'll be going now,” the SOCIETE official nearly spits, spinning hastily around. Nate winces—even though Duke was wearing boots, the messengers still easily towered above their once-leader. Duke's face is a complacent mask, betraying no emotion as he dipped his head to Terene, Undine, and then turned towards Nate.

Nate doesn't quite know what to expect—maybe something to show just how much they mattered? That these past few months weren't a complete waste, a folly of two Failures with nothing to live for. He sees something in Duke's cobalt eyes before the other begins to turn away—again, all too quickly this time. Look at me, Nate wants to scream, but deep down he knows—and maybe Duke knows too—that if they locked eyes for this brief moment that the years to come would never be the same.

It was better to be killed than captured by SOCIETE, Duke had said. There was no chance they would see each other again—so why bother? Any feelings that had come to earth during this brief period were to be imprisoned and never set free—they would only be a drawback in the world they lived in.

So Nate diverts his eyes, and pretends not to notice as they begin to shove Duke forward, demanding he walk faster. With disgust, Terene finally lets Ace go and orders all the weapons—they weapons they had worked so hard to collect—to be thrown into a pile, then burnt. If they couldn't use them, SOCIETE wouldn't either. He pretends not to notice as the members of DAUNT, taking advantage of their momentary invincibility, begin to throw small items at the retreating figures—cans that once held the mush they called food, rotten fruit and wasted bullets. The messengers do their best to dodge the oncoming storm, but Duke simply walks ahead.

Stop, Nate wants to tell them, wants to let them know that they're dishonouring their leader by doing such a thing—but this mission was never about Duke, never about any of their personal feelings. As he watched Ace scream at Terene before a medical helper jams a needle into his skin, Nate knows that emotions are nothing but a weakness.

To move on, he has to forget Duke. Forget that a sandy-haired boy with dark blue eyes and a dream too big for this world ever existed, forget the times DAUNT almost seemed like a family. Forget he had a sister, a family that he cared for... forget everything to create a better world for the future.

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

Niiiiiiiice. Very nice. Started out very good but towards the end, it got confusing. We have no backstory on these characters, we don't know them, we haven't come to immensely care for them over the course of the story. There is so much info thrown at me, I had to read it several times for it to make sense.

His wide (nate's eye colour oops) eyes

Choose one. It's not that hard.

—yet he hadn't given up just yet.

Something wrong with this one.

(unnamed character) had tricked them

Elaborate. Was it their friend? I gather from their situation that they can't afford to trust easily, so if they trusted this character so much and then they betrayed DAUNT, it's gotta have more emotional impact.

Terene rose to the challenge, banishing her gun

Brandishing?

“You're funnny if you think they're going to let us off alive, Duke.”

Funny, and I think insane would be more fitting word here.

Peace for all and equality, no?

Peace and equality sounds better.

And about Terene. Is she betraying them? Why did she shoot Ace? Of course, we don't have any backstory yet, so we have no handle on her character. Previous characterization has to lead to this point.

All things aside, this is interesting. The world needs more queer characters.

I will offer my proofreading abilities if you need any. smile.gif

Niiiiiiiice. Very nice. Started out very good but towards the end, it got confusing. We have no backstory on these characters, we don't know them, we haven't come to immensely care for them over the course of the story. There is so much info thrown at me, I had to read it several times for it to make sense.

Oh thank you very much!! <33 Ahh I understand; I aim to get more backstory and development out sooner or later. This was more of a personal drabble than anything, but thank you so much for your feedback! I'll try to write more things that involve the characters and their personalities.

Choose one. It's not that hard.

Oh, this one is on me and entirely my fault. Didn't make a full profile for Nate before writing, my bad. I'll think of something!

Something wrong with this one.

Ah, I'm afraid I'm slightly confused here. Wrong in what sense?

Elaborate. Was it their friend? I gather from their situation that they can't afford to trust easily, so if they trusted this character so much and then they betrayed DAUNT, it's gotta have more emotional impact.

Again, my bad. I haven't fully developed the characters so this person is more of a blank slate right now, oops. Still, thank you for your words! I often have difficulty in writing things either not emotional enough or too emotionally heavy, so this helps a lot. I'll be sure to go back and edit this little piece when I do more development on the plot and characters!

From what I have now, I want it to be someone they really trusted, yes, and never expected anything like this to happen because, due to the extremities SOCIETE takes against the Failures, they think that everyone is wholly dedicated to DAUNT.

Brandishing?

Yes! Oops, my bad. I didn't read this one carefully enough and I tend to skip over my mistakes. Thank you so much! <33

Funny, and I think insane would be more fitting word here.

Ohh, it might! Thank you for catching that typo.

Peace and equality sounds better.

It really does! Ahh, thank you. This really helps me develop my writing!

And about Terene. Is she betraying them? Why did she shoot Ace? Of course, we don't have any backstory yet, so we have no handle on her character. Previous characterization has to lead to this point.

All things aside, this is interesting. The world needs more queer characters.

I will offer my proofreading abilities if you need any.  smile.gif

Ahh, you're correct; I suppose I should really give more background and structure on the characters before dropping a bombshell like this. Thank you! From what I have of Terene right now, she's dedicated to DAUNT above all. Since Ace was going to possibility endanger them--he's violent by nature--she had to go to the extreme.

Honestly, I'm not too sure how to actually develop the characters without just writing out the entire DAUNT book--while I'd like to do that, I want to avoid flooding this with huge textblocks. Maybe short stories based on their childhood or scenes would be better?

Ohh thank you so much! <33 Yes, I love queer characters! We really do need more.

Ohh thank you!! I probably will--I tend to get lazy when it comes to proofreading and I easily skip over mistakes. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and write a message!!

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

That's very nice! I could see it being a nice end or beginning- A strong end where SOCIETE finally screws up or the people find out abut their tricks, or a beginning to dystopia where we don't have to sit through pages upon pages of boring rambling. The story starts where the plot starts, and you weave in the important stuff throughout.

Basically, really good! It breaks from the style and tone of the other ones from this story, but it's still decent. Can't wait to see more!

Edited by KoalaNoob

That's very nice! I could see it being a nice end or beginning- A strong end where SOCIETE finally screws up or the people find out abut their tricks, or a beginning to dystopia where we don't have to sit through pages upon pages of boring rambling. The story starts where the plot starts, and you weave in the important stuff throughout.

Basically, really good! It breaks from the style and tone of the other ones from this story, but it's still decent. Can't wait to see more!

Ohh thank you so much!! <333 It's just a random drabble for now but once I actually start writing the book, I'll see if I can fit it in anywhere!!

I like the idea of such a beginning, honestly. c: As a reader, having all information and no action suddenly slammed at you isn't very pleasant rip

Ahh thank you so much!!! <33 I'm so honoured by your words aaa

Character development and plot progression are not necessarily two separate things; you can characterize while doing action.

Actually, it's best if you do both at the same time, and have them shape each other. :3

Also, Lunevis, a drabble is something that's exactly 100 words, so I don't think that'd be one ^^;

Character development and plot progression are not necessarily two separate things; you can characterize while doing action.

Ah, truetrue! I agree; I love doing that as well!! Though, right now I probably need to make the characters' full names and appearances before I start flushing them out as people during the story. ^^""

Actually, it's best if you do both at the same time, and have them shape each other. :3

Also, Lunevis, a drabble is something that's exactly 100 words, so I don't think that'd be one ^^;

Oh, exactly!! That sounds like a wonderful idea; it would really help the plot advance and discover the characters!

Oh, I'm so sorry! Really? My bad; I thought a drabble was just a short story oops rip what are writing terms

Thank you for the notice; I suppose short story fits better, then!