Speedicus

GoN Avatars Discussion

So I was thinking about this earlier today. So, it is conceived that the GoN is a legendary beast, or god, if you will. It's 'children' are called Avatars. Upon thoroughly doing my research (ah, google.), I concluded that an Avatar is, and I quote from google;

"a manifestation of a deity or released soul in bodily form on earth; an incarnate divine teacher."

Essentially, if you want to delve deeper into the lore of Dragon Cave, you can see these Avatars of Creation, Destruction, and Change, as earthly reincarnations of the GoN, instead of actual 'children'. I personally think this is much cooler. If you want to go EVEN more deeper, you can see the GoN and your Avatars as different personalities of one deity.

I like this 'theory' that adds on to the lore of the GoN and Dragon Cave in general. It'd be cool if you share your 'theories' or speculations for others to talk about. :)

Uhhh...GoNs aren't gods though. TJ even said it.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=7910541

I think conceptually, the god thing is mostly folklore that results from them being rarely seen. They aren't really gods, just a rather unique (and powerful) breed.

Don't confuse "very powerful and rare" with them being gods, because they aren't. Maybe in the folklore of certain villages, but they aren't gods. So the Avatars aren't like demigods or anything. :Y

I assume GoNs are rarely seen outside of summoning, and I think a lot of people have a misunderstanding about that. Considering how far apart the Trio dragons are normally, it would be incredibly rare for them to summon a GoN, so the only likely time a GoN would appear is whenever the domain they protect is threatened, hence their rarity and assumed god status.