Raven301

Timelords Anyone?

((Now!))

"You know what? I'll make you one anyway, they are such fun!" With a smile the Professor hopped up the steps and over to the console. "Nope!" he exclaimed as the Engineer asked when we were going, "Though I kind of fancy a future Idis, have you ever been to Idis? It's an amazing planet, it's almost completely covered in water the only thing on land is a tiny island where the leader of the planet live and rule, the people there have developed the technology to survive with a human form in an underwater world, how cool is that!" Coming to a decision the Professor quickly turned some taps, adjusted the tuning of some what looked like guitar strings, typed in a few coordinates on the typewriter, and with a shake that sent him stumbling backwards they were off to see the universe, wether all on board were content with that or not.

"Idis? Never heard of it, sounds like fun though." The Navigator said, following the Professor into the control room.

"I'll be staying a while, I think. To Idis at least..." There was some audible tension in the Navigator's voice, he'd just got a nasty feeling of recognition about where the professor's TARDIS was parked. Or had been parked just a second ago. He loved his home planet dearly, but Gallifrey wasn't somewhere he wanted to be right now.

But any trace of trouble vanished from his voice and mind as he started to look around the control room. "Oh..! Do you have a module for internal organic environments? If you can support the space I'd love a room with sand and some palms."

Spinning in a circle while flipping a few switches and pressing a few buttons the professor grinned merrily as a drawer dropped down from the ceiling. Sticking his head over the edge to look inside the drawer he shifter around until he found what he was looking for, a control board. Pulling out his sonic the Professor did a few touch ups and licked it to a suite before handing it to the Navigator, "That is now your control board it is to stay with you as long as I am expected to take you with me or it is very likely I will lose you. It shrinks like so, you can use it to communicate with the others hooked up to the nifty-wifty TARDIS board network like so, you can control your room like so, you can build additional rooms branching off of yours like so, find your way back to the TARDIS like so, you can bring up the TARDIS data banks like so, and you can pull up a TARDIS map like so. If you wish to drop out of our merry group of travelers, in which case I am no longer responsible for getting you home press this button and it will turn itself off and self-destruct in 24 hours if not reactivated by a timelord within that time period."

The Engineer grinned as the TARDIS began to rumble and whoosh. He hadn't been on a TARDIS since he was still learning to fly one, and even then he only got to go a few feet to the left. Looking at the screen for the destination, he then walked over to the control panel. Turning a knob a few inches to the right, the wild shaking of the time machine steadied as the stabilizers engaged. He then leaned against a railing, fiddling with his new screwdriver as he added the familiar settings from his old one, up to setting 1756. Satisfied, he quickly flipped to setting 376, syncing the screwdriver to the TARDIS so it would make a sound when they landed. With that, he walked off down a corridor to explore the expanse of the machine.

"Oh, neat!" The Navigator said, taking the circuit that the Professor handed him.

He leaned back against the console and started to examine the switches and workings, finding by accident that if he turned the harmonic interface up to full at the same time the messaging circuit was on, it caused a feedback hum to resonate through the Professor's TARDIS. A little more fiddling, and he found that the tuning control could produce various notes on a sliding scale.

After a few minutes a very loud, somewhat discordant version of Lights of Arcturus started to resonate throughout the entire ship...

((Pudding: There are two more Timelords on board the Professor's TARDIS, the Engineer and the Navigator. (Both descriptions are in the first post) The Engineer fixed the faults with the TARDIS engine, and the Professor is taking us to a water planet called Idis. The Navigator is making annoying noises with a control circuit the Professor gave him.))

(Ha! I have the only female Timelord xd.png)

The Dragon paused briefly as she explored the TARDIS. She made a sharp right into a different hallway and wound back up in the console room to see new Timelords in there. She smiled and looked down slightly, hoping to attract one of them with her purple dress and sapphire necklace.

'Eeee-da Deee-ba-da duuuummm...'

As the Navigator played the last notes of Lights of Arcturus, the sound of shattering glass came from somewhere down the corridor. He winced and looked down the corridor guiltily, and started to search for the the architectural reconfiguration system on the circuit's controls.

The Navigator looked up again as someone new entered the console room. "Well, you look a vision." He said, with what he hoped was a charming smile. "Are those Metebelian sapphires?

((I was just watching a classic episode last night that mentioned sapphires from Metebelius III. laugh.gif))

Lord stumbled through the hallways, trying not to hyperventilate as the machine he was trapped inside made strange noises and other sounds drifted through it. Good gods, he had a headache. Why did he have to be stuck inside such a stupid machine?! He ran a hand through his mostly black hair, as he tried to compose himself, even when faced with his irrational fear of the time machines. Damn contraptions all should be burned. "Enough!" He yelled when he finally made it to the control room and saw the other Time Lords present. He honed in on the one who had claimed to own the machine-The Professor or whatever- and quickly stumbled over to him. "I don't care what you're doing and I don't care where we are going. Take this stupid thing back to Gallifrey immediately or I swear I will shank you." He glared malevolently at the Professor while looking rather ill from being subjected to the TARDIS moving. It was getting harder and harder to stay composed when he was doing the exact thing Lord had warned him about doing upon their arrival. He had warned him, right? Probably otherwise he wouldn't be in this mess.

Tapping along to the Navigator's performance the Professor walked around and stopped right in front of him, with his face a few inches away, and asked, "Have you ever considered being a DJ?" before grinning ear to ear and spinning away without waiting for an answer.

As the sound of the shattering glass reached his ears the Professor physically winced, "Whats up with that silly filly?" he asked, tapping the console of the TARDIS. With a particularly loud whirl the TARDIS complained, "Hmmmmm, alrighty I'll figure it out later." he promised before spinning around just in time to see Dragon walk in.

With a smile the Professor's eyes went to the top of her head, "All it needs is a hat." he said with a wink before spinning the scanner screen around so he could read the now clear image. "Thanks!" he said to the Engineer, tapping the side of the scanner, "Much better reception, you'll have to show me how you did it!"

Hearing a shout from behind him the Professor turned to see Lord, "Whoops! Sorry! I completely forgot about your whole phobia thing. Wanna get some fresh air first?" he asked gesturing towards the doors, if this timelord had never been on another planet before he at least needed to get one good look. And maybe a drink.

"Maybe," the Dragon teased the Timelord who asked her about the sapphires. She frowned at the other Timelord she met before. "Why a hat?" she asked. The Dragon then turned her head to see another Timelord enter. If they were going to do this, she'd need to learn their names. "Might you spare a second or two and tell me your names?"

"Absolutely not!" Lord hissed back. He pulled at the fingertips of his white gloves, attempting to straighten them out and calm himself from simply punching the other man. "We're not supposed to do things like this." He looked around at the TARDIS then slapped his forehead. "You stole it, didn't you? Only an idiot would run around to other planets while sprouting rubbish about no important things!" He paused in his rant to look over at the female and stopped for several moments. "It's Lord," he replied after he caught himself staring and resumed adjusting his gloves.

"Ha, y'know I had a job doing that... in about 5073, human time." The Navigator called after the Professor. "This little place on Trinity IX..."

He looked up sharply as Lord entered the console room, and stuck the circuit, now shrunk, into a coat pocket.

"I'm the Navigator." He said. "And your name? - Uh oh..." The Navigator turned as a loud dinging sound came from the console behind him. He'd never flown a TARDIS before, not since test runs at school, but he knew pretty well how the controls and indicators were laid out. As he checked the readouts and pulled up a diagnostic, he winced a little.

"Um... Professor, I'm really sorry about this. That trick I did earlier with the modulator sort of... welded part of the harmonic rebalancers together. We're not stuck though." He said quickly. "We can still go just about anywhere in the universe. Except Gallifrey."

((Raven301, if you don't like this I'll retcon it, since it's your TARDIS.))

"I'm Dragon," Dragon said, smiling to herself as she caught Lord staring at her, before looking over to the Navigator. He was tlaking something about science. She hated science.

"Because you always need a hat!" the Professor exclaimed with mock-hurt, "No outfit is complete without it." As he said this the Professor grabbed a hat off a nearby coat rack, bound up the stairs towards Dragon and plopped the thing down on her head. "Much better." he said approvingly, standing back and nodding hie head before turning and jumping don the stairs again.

"Awwww why not?" he asked Lord, walking over to the Navigator and looking at the readings over his shoulder, "And actually, I didn't steal it, my master did. But yeah, no sane person would GIVE me a TARDIS." he said spinning around and smiling at Lord, "Good thing my master wasn't sane."

Lord immediately swung around to face the Navigator and stalked over to him, a strange look forming on his face. "What do you mean, we can't go back to Gallifrey?" He asked, holding a palm out to the Professor to indiciate he should shut his face. "Just fly back. It's a TARDIS, it can do that. If it got us into this mess, it can get us back out again." He glared at the control console, looking half-temped to kick it. "You take us back to Gallifrey right now."

"Actually my fine feathered friend the Navigator here is correct, no more Gallifrey until we can repair that particular part of the ship, and no repairing until we get to a planet that at least uses metals, Idis does not as their cities are floating and metal simply weighs everything down." Tapping Lord on the nose the Professor went up to the console and, pressing a few buttons, called on another drawer, this one popping out of the side of the console. "While we're here i at least am going to go explore you people can do whatever you like as long as the TARDIS ias still here when I get back," as he said this the Professor began digging around in the drawer, "If you'd like to come with me then grab one of these." At this the Professor motioned towards a stack of clear, fish bowl looking, helmets, holding another in his hand. Pulling it over his head the Professor smiled as the glass immediately began to shift, fitting his face's contours tightly. "It lets you breathe underwater."

The Engineer walked into the room, wearing a grey fedora. "Did somebody say repair? Because I surely hope you didn't manage to break what I did so quickly, it takes most timelords at least three times." A sharp crack, followed by a dull boom echoed through the ship. "Oh dear, looks like the particle accelerator went off... I had a bit of spare time. Well, I can check for black holes later. Ooh, cool!" He pulled out his sonic scanning one of the fishbowl helmets. "Nanomechanical gas exchange, as well as material manipulation circuits? Somebody knows their stuff. Well, no timeline like the present!" He grabbed one of the helmets, taking of his fedora he set it on the console, next to a bright red button. Placing it over his head, he walked to the door, waiting for the professor.

Edited by SUP3RSPAWN3R

"Can't." The Navigator said simply when Lord asked him to return to Gallifrey. "We'd either miss the coordinates or end up timeramming the planet."

The Navigator turned and walked around the other side of the console, to where the Professor was demonstrating the water breathing gear.

"And they make you look silly." The Navigator said cheerfully, taking one of the helmets and putting it on. It was surprisingly light and breathable, which was just as well since that was the point.

"You ought to came along, Lord." He said, trying to be diplomatic. "Scanners say the weather's pretty nice outside."

Edited by AlexisV

((Sorry! I was trying to wait for you before posting.))

Lord frowned as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Don't be stupid," he hissed. "There is no way I'm going to put on one of those silly helmets and throw myself into danger after you psychopaths!" He glanced sideways at the only female in the group, his frown lessening slightly. "Are you going? Please tell me you aren't going with them."

Dragon took off the hat the Professor gave her and looked at Lord. "I might," she said. "I've been sort of interested in seeing what other planets were like." Dragon tried not to sigh, dreaming about the possiblities other planets had. She smiled, looking at the other three. "Yes," she said. "I will go."

The Engineer studied his appearance in a mirror he pulled out of a small hatch in the console. "Hmm, you know? This helmet looks rather unfashionable, and besides, saltwater will ruin my tie. Hang on, I'll just be a moment, getting something that fits the whole 'space traveler' thing better." He slapped a button on the console as he ran off, a whooshing sound emanating from within the TARDIS. A few minutes later he returned, busy fiddling with the seal on the helmet of what appeared to be an American space suit from somewhere around 2013. "I spliced the gas exchange into the backpack thing on this, so it should work just as well. And, my tie stays unruined." He gave the helmet a quick turn to the right with one gloved hand, a small click followed by a hiss coming from the suit. Pointing his sonic at the ring, he gave it a quick scan. "Seal works, fully airtight." Giving the seals on the gloves and waist a scan as well, he was pleased to find everything checked out. "I don't know why, but I have a thing for earth technology. It's just cool for some reason." He flipped the gold visor up and down a few times, settling on keeping it up.

Edited by SUP3RSPAWN3R

As everyone but Lord slipped on one of the helmets the Professor picked one up and plopped it down in Lords hands, "You sure?" he asked, smiling through the layer of glass that was covering his face. After standing there and studying Lord for a moment the Professor twirled to face the Engineer, now all suited up, "Suit yourself!" he said laughing at both the pun and the funny way the helmet distorted the Engineers voice, "See what I did there? Suit yourself?"

The Engineer helmetpalmed at the pun. "I like to look the part, and today space traveler is the thing! Always nice to be part of the thing. Except when the thing is actually a thing trying to assimilate your cellular mass into the glorious amoeba dominion. So, planet, swimming, maybe mortal peril if we get lucky?" The Engineer pushed open the door, a bit of water splashing over into the TARDIS, turning around, then turning to face the water again, he jumped in, a splash sending more water into the control room. The various small bits of new technology he had built into the suit began to activate, steadying neutral buoyancy and taking scans of the water. He concentrated, activating the telepathic circuits. His voice came out of the console, slightly tinny but understandable. "Seems normal, saltwater, with standard pH, nothing out of the ordinary." A few bubbles rose to the surface, mostly hydrogen and carbon dioxide, remnants of the suit taking in oxygen from the water and expunging excess gasses.

Edited by SUP3RSPAWN3R