Satomi

Auto Log-out when using mobile

I looked and didn't see this topic, though to be fair...there's a lot to look through so hopefully I didn't miss it.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have it set up that someone can use DC on a mobile device when they are not at a PC, but not have it log them out of their scroll every time. I fully understand why it would do it if you are using it pc to pc in order to keep from having your scroll being used by multiple at the same time... BUT with a mobile, it might be less common.

*IF* someone were to try to be "active" on both a mobile device and their scroll on a pc, *then* I can understand one of them logging out. But I would think that there would be a way to detect that and also tell when it was mobile vs pc when it isn't simultaneous.

Thank you for your time.

While I'm logged in on my PC all the time, my mobile requires logging in again. And it logs me out automatically from everything despite having cookies enabled. Bleh. At least there is no extra irritating captcha safety thing so it's not a HUGE problem to me anymore...

But yeah. I'd prefer to stay logged in on both devices and log out from only one I choose. I know nothing about technical side of it but I know deviantART lets you do that so I think it would be possible to implement such option on DC as well.

user posted image

Edited by Light Concorde

To expand on this - could we have a scroll setting to not auto-log-out at all? Or even better, to set certain locations (from that location, of course) to not auto-log-out?

Just I sometimes play at college, but I hate having to re-log in from here because I always forget, refresh my scroll to see if anything's changed, and have to log in again and it won't be in the same place so it's harder to tell.

...I hope that makes sense and isn't too rambly. xd.png

*IF* someone were to try to be "active" on both a mobile device and their scroll on a pc, *then* I can understand one of them logging out. But I would think that there would be a way to detect that and also tell when it was mobile vs pc when it isn't simultaneous.

Thank you for your time.

I'm not the most technologically savvy person around, but for some reason, I'm not sure this would be possible. Its most likely much simpler for t he site to just auto-log out people who are logged into two different locations.

However, I have the passwords for the site saved on both my (password-locked) pc AND my mobile, so I never actually have to put in my password. I find this to be a much simpler solution. However, if your pc or mobile is not secure, I can understand this not being a viable option.

I've noticed this as well, switching between my tablet and PC constantly, but it doesn't seem to be a huge problem. At least not to me.

It's not just between mobile devices and PCs. I used DC at my grandmother's house and it logged me out on my computer and vice versa. It must pick up the different IP addresses.

I know some websites have the option to "logout of all locations", so possibly have that option as well? There should be a way to pick up that two different systems are using the same account at the same time. I know this is implemented on other sites as well, giving the error "You are currently logged in at IP 1234567890. Would you like to log out of that session?" or similar errors.