Sro

RWBY

But they didn't tweak Emerald and Mercury's models, they were just artwork. They didn't even have models to tweak!

Hmm you mentioned the soundtrack, I didn't realise but Dream Comes True sounds like its about Suns hopeless courting of Blake (judging by the line about the tail).

errrr i meant designs. yeah i know they were artwork. sorry im tired. they did tweak the designs slightly when they moved from 2d to models is what i meant. if you compare their appearance in volume 2 with their cameo in 1 you can see.

(tbh i think mercury had a prettier face in 1 heh)

Edited by Switch

Emerald seems to pretty much be the same, and the only difference I can see in Mercury are his hair colour and arms, but that could just be the lighting.

I hope volume 3 will explain a bit more of Pyrrah, Ren and Nora (hints this season but they couldn't add as much as they wanted) and I also want to hear about team Turquoise.

Crossing my fingers in the hopes that Qrow will be voiced by Gavin! Probably not, but I think a british accent would work for him.

I was bored and looking for threads to post in and came across this. Now, you'll probably hate me for this, but I tried watching the first episode of RWBY and was disappointed.

I had found out about it through fanart (which I found awesome), so I decided to check it out. By the first two minutes, I was already losing interest.

The acting didn't convince me, and the 3D models weren't exactly eye candy. I do admit, though; the battle scene where Ruby did the stuff with her scythe-thingy was pretty wells choreographed. But that's about it.

Shoot me, I found the character designs a bit cliche

Edited by Hazel360

Well I found the first episode to be horrible for animation (apart from the fight of course) because I hate it when mouth movements don't match with the dialogue and when they run they don't even touch the ground (I notice that stuff pretty easilly).

But It was by Roosterteeth, and I knew that they had good writers and that their non action animation is a bit lax, so I stayed, I watched, I loved.

For me it was episode 8 that drove the nail home, but to be fair you haven't even seen any of the other main characters yet by only watching one episode.

And the designs are based off anime tongue.gif They'd naturally look strange being 3D but in the anime/manga style. I thought it was a little strange at first too but as with the rest of the show I got used to it... and volume 2 is a general improvement on volume 1.

I was bored and looking for threads to post in and came across this. Now, you'll probably hate me for this, but I tried watching the first episode of RWBY and was disappointed.

I had found out about it through fanart (which I found awesome), so I decided to check it out. By the first two minutes, I was already losing interest.

The acting didn't convince me, and the 3D models weren't exactly eye candy. I do admit, though; the battle scene where Ruby did the stuff with her scythe-thingy was pretty wells choreographed. But that's about it. 

Shoot me, I found the character designs a bit cliche

RWBY's very much a hit or miss thing i can't blame you tbh

volume 2 was an improvement (still flawed but an improvement imo)

im optimistic 3 will be better tho i think the creators have picked up on the criticism (i mean there's been a few shows with mediocre first/second seasons that picked up after that but we'll see)

i think if more shows that wouldn't have otherwise gotten published get made into a 3D online thing like rwby they'll be better. i want rwby to at least be a stepping stone for that if it makes any sense.

edit:

well, a certain nickelodeon kid's cartoon made for tv got a queer couple before rwby, the independently made-for-internet series, has even hinted at one.

monty better step up his representation game next volume man

Edited by Switch

This world's unforgiving / Even brilliant lights will cease to burn

I saw over Twitter and I couldn't believe it at first. Rest in Peace, Monty. You've inspired a lot of people to harness their creativity and bring their ideas to life.

This was sad to hear about, especially since I was fortunate enough to have met the man at PAX Prime 2013.

Had a minor flipout when that was on the Facebook feed. That's just extremely unexpected, and where would he have gone with the show? If the leap from Season One to Two was any indication it would have kept going in a positive direction. Monty, you did well and rest in peace. And if RWBY and other projects like Red vs. Blue go on without you, may you smile down at them from the heavens.

REST IN PEACE monty...... we all miss, not only for your fantastic work on RWBY but also RvB and helping RT grow....... you will remain in our hearts.....

on a selfish note(lol).... when is s3 coming out....... :/

!! i started watching rwby a few days ago and i finished it two nights later and oh my god im hooked. is season 3 confirmed? im really hoping for more queer representation, specifically between Blake and Yang.

season three was confirmed on RT's website. queer representation has been ambiguously acknowledged. i really hope they dont mess this up...

Edited by Switch

I don't think you have to worry about season 3, Monty told pretty much all his ideas for it to Grey, Miles and Kerry, and those three all have good experience.

yeahh hopefully. just that the jaune shoehorning from the past has me nervous. ehh i dont wanna be negative tho. i think it'll be sad for me to watch at first tho :c ...

Well Monty was involved with that stuff, he was the director, it was his baby, he wanted more Ren and Nora for s2 but they had to cut it out cause they didn't have the time... that's my concern. What are they going to do about voicing ren.

yeahh that too. they could probably get a VA who can sound like him since he didn't talk much to begin with.

Edited by Switch

They might kill off ren, it would be rather typical but you know. It would make them take the conflict a lot more seriously. I'd like to see Nora go on a vengeance fueled rampage.

or that, that's an option. idk if they'd actually do it tho. people might think it's disrespectful... who knows tho.

Yeah I think it's really unlikely, but I do think it could work. It wasn't Nora supporting Ren, it was Ren supporting Nora.

idk given what has been done in similar situations with other shows, they usually just get another VA. i don't think they'd kill ren off since he isn't really...bonded with the audience yet. we just don't know much about him.