Oriolous

Sleep music

What kind of music do you listen to to go to sleep at night? I listen to a techno/slow deep bass remix playlist. It soothes me, though I need more orchestral style pieces.

ETA: I'm a Herp Derp this should be posted under multimedia... I'm a dunce because I'm trying to post at 4 am and no sleep. xd.png

Edited by Oriolous

I am an insomniac, but these two songs help:

Drive - Incubus

Panic Prone - Chevelle

Strangely, I have had very unlikely songs send me to sleep... like faster paced things.

I like listening to Yamai's cover of "Last Song" and the pianist, Yiruma's, "River Flows in You" before I go to sleep.

Lost in Las Vegas- Two Steps from Hell

A Maighdean Bhan Uasal- Julie Fowlis

Star Locket Song from Sailor Moon

i actually made an 8tracks playlist of my relaxing music

it's mostly trance/electro stuff that makes me feel all warm and cozy on the inside

I have four main songs which I listen to before I sleep: Kaito's Song Of Goodnight, Oliver's Lullaby, Zelda's Lullaby and Zora's Domain. Yup, that's two Vocaloid songs and two songs from The Legend Of Zelda. That's how I roll cool.gif

Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness by Coheed & Cambria.

And, yes, that is the album title in it's entirety.

Also good is Jeff Wayne's War of The Worlds, and In The Court Of The Crimson King by King Crimson. Basically Prog, if I'm honest.

There's this one song, "Weightless," by Marconi Union, that's been tested and proven to actually put one to sleep!

It's about 8 minutes long, but there are no words, and it's just a bunch of soothing rhythms, bass lines, and harmonies, perfectly arranged to help slow the heartbeat down and reduce brain activity, all just for relaxing oneself.

I listened to it once, and had a wonderful nap biggrin.gif

Here's a link to the article, from the UK's The Telegraph

Band creates the 'most relaxing tune ever'

I hope I'm allowed to post this article

The article also lists at the bottom, according to The Telegraph, the top 10 most relaxing tracks!

Here they are, just for your info:

Top ten most relaxing tracks 1. Marconi Union - Weightless 2. Airstream - Electra 3. DJ Shah - Mellomaniac (Chill Out Mix) 4. Enya - Watermark 5. Coldplay - Strawberry Swing 6. Barcelona - Please Don't Go 7. All Saints - Pure Shores 8. Adele - Someone Like You 9. Mozart - Canzonetta Sull'aria 10. Cafe Del Mar - We Can Fly

Oh, and I also recommend any kind of classical music! biggrin.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148

I don't hear specific music when I want to sleep, because I always don't get any sleep because I want to hear the songs, so I usually put on the radio in a station that I like it's musicwith no specific genre (That means the music I hear fo sleep hasn't soft tune, it might be death metal).

Believe it or not, this is actually pretty good for sleep...

Artist: Combichrist

Album: Everybody Hates You

Why? Lots of harmonized dissonance (I know it's an oxymoron but trust me on this wink.gif ) and white noise all put together in catchy songs.

Sirius has a radio station called "Chill" that's amazing. My TV provider also has music channels, and they have one called "Soundscapes" that's pretty awesome, too.

If I'm going to listen to music to help me sleep, though, it has be instrumental; otherwise, I focus too much on the words.

i don't actually really listen to music to fall asleep at night but i think the two most relaxing songs that i like are Prologue from Okami and Beat of the Moment (although it seems like 009 sound system is kind of a joke to a lot of people but i dont know)

Generally when I try to calm myself before bed, I listen to the

. Very relaxing, and with some subtle music in some parts.