TwilightMoonDragon

The Names We're Given | OCC

The gameplay blows your mind. Its plot... OMG.

Better than Skyrim. Seriously.

And I guess you can make a Keeper's First that runs away or something.. ^^

After this, I'm not accepting any other elves/mages. I just realized that Arod is the only human; not only that, but the only male! xd.png

Well tongue.gif The only human in group one xd.png

(Completely intruded on the conversation...)

Gameplay is great by the way. Plot is fantastic

Edited by Misty-Shroud

I'm still 50/50 on joining X.x

Never played / heard of Dragon Age until this RP was created so I won't understand references etc X.x

Hm~ I might have to try this game out, then, since it seems it's recommended :3

I'm still 50/50 on joining X.x

Never played / heard of Dragon Age until this RP was created  so I won't understand references etc X.x

I've been told there's no shame in asking ;3

Anyway, I finally finished my form~ :3 My history turned out quite long and detailed, so if there's anything that doesn't really work with the RP, tell me and I'll fix it ^^ (If it's: "Your whole form sucks! Redo it!" then don't hesitate to tell me that either :3)

Username: Saikachan, but Saika's fine~

Name: Arlana Rhuviel – though she's called Lana

Race: Elf (Mage)

Birthplace: Close to the Brecilian Forest

Clothing: Lana usually wears this, though she carries this as a change of clothes. In addition, she uses this cloak. (None of the artwork belong to me.)

Appearance: Lana has shoulder-length, wispy, blond hair which constantly tangles in the wind and annoys her terribly, though she does admit that she is rather fond of her hair when it behaves. Her eyes, on the other hand, she isn't that fond of as they are a reddish brown colour, and if seen in the right light they might look red (But they're really brown. Honest!).

As she grew up in a Dalish clan, she received the blood writing when she was deemed ready to take on the responsibilities of an adult, and after meditating and seeking counselling from the gods, she received the vallaslin of Dirthamen, the elven god of secrets and knowledge.

Personality: As innocent as she can possibly be under the circumstances, Lana always wants to do the right thing. She doesn't believe in the saying “The end justifies the means” and will probably refuse to go along with something she's against unless she believes it's the only way. Even so, she hates confrontations, and will more often than not be the mediator between warring parties than participate in the dispute herself, even if she originally had her own opinion. She is somewhat of a pushover unless it concerns something she believes is wrong or something she feels strongly about, as she prefers to relent rather than spark an argument. Because of this she might seem weak, but she is actually quite an accomplished mage, even though she prefers to use her defensive and healing spells rather than her offensive spells. She can be unintentionally blunt at times, and she apologizes much more than she really should.

History: Lana was born two years after all the clans met in the meeting called Arlathvhen, during a time when her clan sorely needed a mage. Their Keeper was growing old and no one believed he would live for much longer, yet there was no one he could pass on his knowledge to. Another clan had given them one of their mages during the Arlathvhen, but he had died of sickness a year after his arrival, with no one to take his place as the Keeper's First. That's why, when it became apparent that Lana had the ability to connect with the Fade, she was quickly made the Keeper's First despite her young age. Thus she was taught in the ways of the Keeper during her childhood, beginning with the elven lore and language and moving to the arts of the mage as she grew older. She received her vallaslin at the age of eight, slightly earlier than the other children.

However, the year she turned twelve what everyone knew would happen came to pass and the Keeper died, leaving her to serve as the new Keeper. Determined not to fail she set about her new task, but found quickly that however much the rest of the clan respected her as a keeper and treated her as an adult due to her vallaslin, none of them could stop subconsciously thinking of her as a child. Thus, rather than being a leader of her clan, she became more of a mediator between the elder elves as they argued, and was only occasionally asked for her own opinion. This probably affected her personality as well, leading her to avoid confrontation when possible. Even so, the fact that she did not have to be the clan leader made her able to devote time to further her abilities as a mage, and her abilities grew as the years passed.

It wasn't enough, however, when the darkspawn attacked her clan. Surprising and sudden, the darkspawn managed to kill many before any resemblance of resistance arose, and even then no one had any hope of defeating the attackers. She can still remember her father's shout to run, to survive, as he fought one of the darkspawn, keeping it away from her. She can still remember being unable to help, all of her arcane knowledge fleeing her panicked mind as her family and friends were slaughtered around her. Much of that night is blurry, forgotten, hidden in the furthest reaches of her mind, but she remembers that. Later she remembers being pulled by one of the elders as they run through the forest, away from the camp, away from the slaughter. That night they both managed to escape, but neither of them knew if anyone else survived, or how to find them if they did.

After that she lived with the elder who had saved her, Maeve. They were going to travel from place to place in the ways of her people until the next Arlathvhen, where they would join another clan. Maeve, however, was old, and the events she had gone through took their toll on her health, leaving her sickly and weak. Lana did her best to keep her alive, but eventually Falon'Din came for her, and Lana was left alone.

As the attack happened only three years after the last Arlathvhen and Lana travelled with Maeve for a year, there are still six or so years left until the clans next meet. Now twenty-two years, Lana continues living the way she did with Maeve, with the futile hope that she might happen across another clan before the next Arlathvhen.

Weapons: As she is a mage, she uses a staff, but she also has a dagger in case her magic fails her.

Fighting Strategy: Lana has a largely supportive style of fighting, preferring to use her spells to heal and defend allies instead of attacking. She only uses offensive spells when she finds it impossible to avoid.

Group?: Two, eventually.

Other: “Treasure those close to your heart,” or “Be grateful for what you have.”

Edited by Saikachan

So, I decided to make another character for group one. The form is a little rushed though.

Username: Misty-Shroud

Name: Jared Hawklin

Race: Human

Birthplace: Haven

Clothing: His Armor

Appearance: Jared (Ignore the eyes) has black, messy hair that reaches past his forehead slightly. His eyes are a dark grey with slight tints of blue mixed in. He is somewhere in between skinny and muscular and is the average height for a man, while he is slightly under the average weight.

Personality: Jared is calm, serious, and simply cold to most people. He rarely speaks to many people, usually preferring to keep to himself. He constantly pushes people away who try to help him, unable to drop his usually cold demeanor. On rare occasions Jared displays a sweet side, but he is usually quick to hide it before anyone notices.

History: When Jared was young his father and mother died when bandits came into their home. Jared barely escaped and watched his house burst into flames as the bandits set it on fire. Jared soon found himself wandering out of the town of Haven and deeper into the forest, killing animals and learning to survive on his own. As the years passed he became much inverted than before, using the death of his parents as an excuse.

Weapons: Two daggers and a short sword

Fighting Strategy: Jared generally stays near the center of the fighting, using his speed and agility to avoid attacks. His first attack is usually launched from the shadows.

Group?: He will joining group one in a bit

Other: "I fight to survive."

Edited by Misty-Shroud

Username: TMD

Name: Gray "Painted Dragon" or "Basilisk" Sinortis

Race: Elf, Mage

Birthplace: The Wilds

Clothing: Got somethin' against me?

Appearance: I'm wondering if I can use you... The reason that she was named Gray, her true name, was because of her gray eyes. Her nicknames, or assassin names, are either "Painted Dragon" or "Basilisk". She is called Painted Dragon by the people who hire her, since she wears a black and gold dragon mask, and uses many fire spells. Other than that, she is called Basilisk by her enemies, due to her poisonous personality and, the rumor is, if someone beds her, they die the next day.

Personality: Cocky, loud, and angry. Gray is only silent when it comes time to actually kill someone. She is very flirtatious, beautiful, and deadly- this is how she gets near her male targets.

History: Born in the Wilds, she was found out about her magic skills by the Circle. They took her in without her permission, and... Some corrupted man promised her freedom if she was to kill the four Grey Wardens left.

Weapons: Poison, Fire spells, along with a bit of electric and ice, and her precious dragon claws that she wields on every finger.

Fighting Strategy: Usually stays far away from enemies. Other than that, she uses her dragon claws to fight close up.

Group?: Two [Enemy]

Other: "I'm a woman under all of this."

Possibly the most unique character that I made. o_o

Boop!

Oh dear... Seems like everything that's currently banned. xd.png

Woman, Mage, elf.

EDIT: guess it was lifted. Shutting up now... :s

Edited by RainDash

I'm going on a trip tomorrow, and I probably won't be home till Sunday. I don't really know how the internet access will be, so I might not get to post while I'm away... If not, feel free to pretend Lana's just being really quiet and following around (she's timid enough for that to work), or (if you get into any fights) have her heal you.