SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth | OOC •

KK, it was because Koala was concerned about the pace of the OOC. We won't force you to join the chatroom, but it does make things significantly more easy. Not to mention fun.

The chatroom doesn't seem that fun anymore... In fact it's like an exact copy of the OOC here.

This was by KoalaNoob:

So, what happened in the OOC this time?  dry.gif

Just because the IC isn't flooding now, the OOC is. It used to be one of my favourite places, but since the new rule, I think the OOC is wrecked. It isn't just 3 pages in two hours. It's about TWENTY. And it's completely off topic, so when I ask a question, I come back, and DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE MY QUESTION IS.  mad.gif

And a few posts later Ayes posted this:

KN, you do know about the chatroom, right? I made it with your concerns in mind :3

So really it seems that the chatroom was made to unclutter the OOC and have a bit of the random stuff to stop the clutter. That seems to be the reason for the chatroom.

Of course I could have just interpreted everything wrong.

Edited by KrazyKay12

True, but there are limits. The chat room is not made for you to talk about bloody nails and such. There are limits.

Okay, the bloody nails thing was GROSS. WHERE DID THAT EVEN COME FROM?!

*nods* Just a bit random, like, Korra being a kitty random, but not too much. Minor OOC topics discussing the IC should go there, right?

True, but there are limits. The chat room is not made for you to talk about bloody nails and such. There are limits.

Thank you ;-; I've tried to say SEVERAL times that a little bit of randomness is FINE. The only reason I added restrictions is to avoid utter chaos. If you need, I can come up with a list of rules. Though, I'd prefer if everyone could just use their common sense and/or listen to me or the mods.

I'm getting really sick of certain people arguing about how off-topic they can go in the chatroom. Yes, I made it because the OOC thread was being clogged with random crap. No, this does not mean you can go off on ridiculous tangents or spam.

I MADE THE THING AND IF I SAY NO YOU LISTEN AND COMPLY. THERE IS NO WORK-AROUND. THERE IS NO BACK DOOR. WHAT I/DOCTOR/SPIRIT SAY GOES. IF YOU BREAK A RULE OR GO AGAINST WHAT WE SAY, YOU WILL BE BANNED OR KICKED.

:| It sucks that I have to yell, but you forced my hand.

^This

I giggled a bit when Ayes said she was yelling. You can't really yell on the internet. *giggles again*

I gotta go. Farewell my friends, and best of luck on sorting this out!

I think a large part of the problem is everyone equating off-topic with random.

I don't think the chatroom should be random, but I do think off-topic chat should be allowed.

The problem comes when people, I won't point fingers but you know who you are, come on and just say the first thing that comes to mind. And often these things won't be very considerate of others. Or when they spam for no reason, or no reason other than boredom. The chat isn't for you to let off steam when you're bored, it's for discussion. And the discussion shouldn't be limited to the RP, that's what the OOC is for. (The OOC should be limited to the RP.) But it shouldn't be the mess of nonsense it's been the last week or two.

I think a large part of the problem is everyone equating off-topic with random.

I don't think the chatroom should be random, but I do think off-topic chat should be allowed.

The problem comes when people, I won't point fingers but you know who you are, come on and just say the first thing that comes to mind. And often these things won't be very considerate of others. Or when they spam for no reason, or no reason other than boredom. The chat isn't for you to let off steam when you're bored, it's for discussion. And the discussion shouldn't be limited to the RP, that's what the OOC is for. (The OOC should be limited to the RP.) But it shouldn't be the mess of nonsense it's been the last week or two.

Ugh, all the things you've just said are completely true. The chatroom should always allow for some off-topic chat (that was the idea in the first place, if I'm not mistaken), but not spammed words or sentences that have no meaning, no purpose, or no sense of connection to a conversation being had. Taking the idea of the OOC and using it for the chatroom is a terrible way of handling this situation. What we need is proper moderation for off-topic chats, not discouraging the use of it entirely.

Also, I believe the Admin password was changed. What was the reasoning behind that?

Frosslass and Silverphoenixx

(I wanted that to be dramatic, I think it's probably too much.)

You guys are breaking rule #9

- Each post must be at least 3-4 sentences long

It hasn't happened much, very little in fact, but it would be nice if you would remedy this situation immediately. (Go make your post longer.)

Also, this rule doesn't mean to use periods instead of commas or something ridiculous like that. Sentence fragments. Except under certain conditions where they add drama and such. Don't count. (If you are using them in such a condition then you're probably writing a fairly long post anyway.)

Here's part of the Master recap, Onix:

Everyone is reintroduced as mature hatchlings. A majority moved out while some stayed at what is now known as the BirthCave

Many areas have been investigated and a ring of plague surrounding the birthcave is discovered.

Relationships are blooming, everyone is honing their individual skills

Some -if not most- dragons return to the Birthcave

New eggs hatch

Rien goes berserk then returns to her senses, BirthCave was temporarily evacuated

A bit of panic about an infection happens and fights continue

Mint and Sera are taken by Lucifer outside

Mint and Sera die due to a bear attack as witnessed by Lucifer

Lucifer and Rico bury them

Mint is now a ghost

DAY 2, YEAR 3

More eggs hatch

Favian "issues an order" to gather all the remaining dragons back to the BirthCave

Some more dragons regroup at the BirthCave

Lucifer leads the same bear from 2 years ago towards the BirthCave

Lucifer leaves with Rico following him

Favian is panicking about the bear attack with Clem on his back

Spira is injured by bear

Favian and the others evacuate the BirthCave

Skylene discovers the Cave of Time

Dragons -mostly Silver's chara- start attacking the bear first

Aradis gets beheaded by the bear

Silver's charas and others are a bit injured and tired, the bear is also tired

Hibiki and Feather lead the bear away with food

It begins raining outside

Most present goes back to the cave and have been healed

Those who didn't go back to the cave find their own shelter

CURRENTLY DAY 3, YEAR 3

Mint as a vengeful spirit takes over Hibiki's body.

Rakushun returns and accidentally swaps some dragon souls

Chaos ensues between the inflicted dragons

Other dragons hatch

Spira is sick, nearing her death bed

Moss becomes real via SoulSwap

@Spirit: Erikiteru interacted.

Ugh, all the things you've just said are completely true. The chatroom should always allow for some off-topic chat (that was the idea in the first place, if I'm not mistaken), but not spammed words or sentences that have no meaning, no purpose, or no sense of connection to a conversation being had. Taking the idea of the OOC and using it for the chatroom is a terrible way of handling this situation. What we need is proper moderation for off-topic chats, not discouraging the use of it entirely.

Also, I believe the Admin password was changed. What was the reasoning behind that?

I'm sorry, what? I could have misunderstood, but are you insinuating that my moderation is bad?

I changed the admin password mainly because of you. I have several reports of you abusing your powers; repeated clearing of the room, yelling whenever someone went off-topic, etc. The list goes on.

I would also like to point out that you are not a good judge of this situation. You. Are. Never. On.

If you would like to state your case, by all means! Go ahead. I try and be as fair in my judging as possible.

Other than that, yes. That was the original intent of the chatroom.

Oh yeah, I realized that the admin password was changed. Is it okay if someone can PM me?

Thanks for the recap, KK!

Edited by Onixthebunny1

I'm sorry, what? I could have misunderstood, but are you insinuating that my moderation is bad?

I changed the admin password mainly because of you. I have several reports of you abusing your powers; repeated clearing of the room, yelling whenever someone went off-topic, etc. The list goes on.

I would also like to point out that you are not a good judge of this situation. You. Are. Never. On.

If you would like to state your case, by all means! Go ahead. I try and be as fair in my judging as possible.

Other than that, yes. That was the original intent of the chatroom.

I'm not insinuating that anyone's moderation is bad, I'm simply reminding everyone to use good judgement as always.

And me yelling about people going off-topic? I'm not sure when that's happened in the chatroom before, if ever. I do repeatedly clear the room, and I do apologize for overdoing it. But I'd be damned if that's enough to be considered "abusing my powers."

Edit: I've realized there's be a lot of bad blood going on between myself and a few others in this RP. I'm going to take a break from any chatroom and most OOC activity for a while to try and clear my mind of all this. Now's not a good time for me to get into "arguments" and focus my time on current situations and problems in real life.

Edited by Bacon_Strips