What do you all think about planes? I love them! Flew one 2 weeks ago! My instuctor took his hands off the controls and I flew! It was an amazing experience and I want to do it again!

Also searched for planes couldn't find.

sad.gif I'm acrophobic. Riding a plane is a bad idea for me. It frightened me so much! laugh.gif

I love them too and I love travelling with them, the only reason, I wouldn't like it, it would be if I were the pilot, because I would felt nervous if I had to be responsible for many lives.

I've had only one flying lesson, and it was great! Although for some reason the instructor didn't believe me when I told him I'd never flown before at the end of it.

I actually applied to join the RAF (I really, really wanted to fly!) unfortunately I've been ruled PMU, so no fighter planes for me.

PMU? unsure.gif

I used to fly sailplanes when I was young (er). But when I got a job I had to choose where to spend my time and energy. sad.gif

PMU? unsure.gif

Permanently Medically Unfit. Means I failed the medical in such a way that I'm never capable of passing one. Rules me out of the three branches of the Armed Forces, and also the Police and Fire Services.

Whenever i'm on a plane I just watch movies on the built in screens they have. Sometimes I do get dizzy but then I go to sleep. My biggest fear of planes is if they'll crash in the middle of no where

I love flying, even if one of my greatest fears is falling and crashing- for some reason, planes don't give me that 'This is unsafe, I'm gonna fall' feeling that places like bridges and some staircases do... Though I do very much dislike having to sit still in one place for so long; I'm fine with sitting down for ages if I want to, but I have a habit of getting up and pacing when I think so it's odd not to be able to do that. Oh, and it makes my legs and butt sore. The seats are always uncomfortable.

Funnily enough I've only flown about six times: to Denmark, to Italy and to Southern France (the Basque region). Only the last one was on my own both ways, the others were with my parents.

PMU means permanently medically unfit? What about RAF?

Royal Air Force wink.gif

I've been on planes several times, for vacations. It's okay. Getting on and off is a pain and waiting for the electronic usage, but past that it's not bad. I like window seats, and it's nice to kinda just get to sit and relax for a while. Can get a bit cramped sometimes though. o_e

My husband has his Private Pilot's license. Right now he is working on his IFR rating, which will allow him to fly thru the clouds! I love flying with him, it is so great getting from one place to another so much faster! An 11 hour drive is 4 hours flying with the right winds. We are 1/6th owner of a 172 Cessna, which makes it affordable!

I'm terrified of flying....I only get on a plane if it's absolutely necessary. I'd rather drive for hours on end, even though I know statistically planes are much safer xd.png

I've never piloted a plane before, but I know being on a commercial airplane is a sickening, gutwrenching experience. At least for me it was. I was dizzy a lot, and pretty happy to get off at the end. I'm not sure if flying a plane would be very different, but if I ever had to fly a plane I'd make sure to bring parachutes. XP

I love traveling by plane, I just love the feeling of being above the clouds! Just feels awesome, even more because I know that I'm going somewhere far and new. smile.gif

I've only traveled one round trip by plane, and loved it. I enjoy the sensation of being in high places, and seeing the other side of the clouds was an intensely surreal experience. Would totally do it again.