zaverxi

Hatchlings/Eggs Didn't Alt Properly? Trade Here

So I noticed there was a trading thread about hatchlings not gendering properly, and searched to see if there was one for alting improperly. Since there are quite a few dragon breeds out there that have multiple types of alts for either eggs or hatchlings, it made sense to put this in a separate thread so people could easily find a different kind. I know I've seen a LOT of Nebula trading posts in a lot of the regular trading threads, and the same with PB stripes. I know I had a bit of an issue trying to trade a green nebula for a purple one, and that didn't quite fit in the 'gendered improperly' thread and kinda got overwhelmed in the normal ones.

For obvious reasons, I don't think this should include alt blacks and vines, since I doubt there's many people that would be willing to trade an alt black or vine for a normal one. If there is though, feel free to post, I'm sure you'd have plenty of people willing.

The dragons that qualify:

user posted image NEBULA gendered hatchlings, CB or bred

user posted imagebred STRIPES

user posted imagebred DORSALS, both red and purple

user posted imagebred RIDGEWINGS, tan and purple

I specify bred for Dorsals and Ridgewings, because like the alt blacks and vines, I doubt there'd be many people willing to trade the rarer CB red or tan of the two for the more common purple variants unless specifically working on a line for them. Feel free though.

I hope the mods are ok with this kind of thread, since I personally have several lines of dragons that I'm working on that require specific colors of Nebulas and Stripes, and something like this would have been useful. Especially since influencing nebulas, for instance, doesn't guarantee the color. I once traded for two CB nebulas since I needed a purple male, and both ended up green.

Also, any other alts I forgot about? I think I got the main ones that aren't either spriter alts or Sweetlings.

Edited by zaverxi

You forgot the Green Vine ones and the Black ones.

it was mentioned in there post as to why they did not include them smile.gif

it was mentioned in there post as to why they did not include them smile.gif

Oh sorry, I must have missed it due to sleepyness sad.gif

Though the idea is neat...I'm not sure we need an entire thread just for 4 breeds....

I wouldn't be against it if it gets approved though~ happy.gif

Though the idea is neat...I'm not sure we need an entire thread just for 4 breeds....

I wouldn't be against it if it gets approved though~ happy.gif

I've seen a lot of requests for different colored Nebulas in the past few days enough to warrant this, and several stripes too, especially those trying to raise a PB line. When the Metallics thread was made, it was only for silvers and golds, Tinsels and Shimmers didn't exist yet. I know it's a slightly different situation given the rarity of those two, but I know I had to wade through page after page of the regular trading threads in my search for someone willing to trade my green nebula for a purple. That's my reasoning, I'm willing to forget it if the mods disapprove though, since it's their decision.

And if there ever ends up being more alts in the future, they can be put in here too.

I've always traded my mis-colored nebulas in the "Hatchling Didn't Gender Right" thread. Not had any problems posting there and most the time I would find a trade.

Dorsal, ridgewing, and stripe seem to me just more wrong egg then not alting right as you can see immediately what color it is. I usually would ask for a blood swap in the even gen thread on stripe. (I don't keep dorsals and have few ridgewings.)

Dunno, maybe tweak the thread name if you are mainly wanting a bloodswap for bred eggs so it isn't just a duplicate of the existing "Hatchling Didn't Gender Right" thread. Not sure how much I would use this thread, I don't normally breed purebred and trying to find the right color stripe from a christmas dragon is another story altogether.

Closing. Nebulas can be traded in the didn't gender right thread. As Dracena said the others seem to be more of the "wrong egg" and can be traded in the other threads.

Edited by rubyshoes