StarSea

Naruto Shippuden

I couldn't find anything so if I missed something, I'm terribly sorry! D:

user posted image

I never finished Naruto, so I can't tell you about how long after or any of that stuff but this is what I believe from what I've seen and read;

Shippuden starts about two/three years after Naruto ends, with Naruto coming back to the Hidden Leaf Village. Yeppers!

So, discuss Shippuden! biggrin.gif

April 23, 2013 - New set of English Dubbed comes out!

Quick question for those of you that know/may know...

Are the English dubbed episodes redrawn and all that? I'm wondering because (since I'm out of English dubbed) I started watching episode 167 in English subbed, but the art seems TERRIBLE (no offence). Like they got new sketchers or something... I even went back to English subbed 166 but the art quality of 166 is the same as English dubbed. So I'm thinking one (or all) of the three- they got new sketchers, they decided to get lazy, or dubbed episodes are revamped.

-------------------

I've kept watching and it looks a bit better now, but 167 had some really bad spots so I'm still wondering...

If anybody wants a background slideshow of pics of one of the characters, just say so. happy.gif Mine right now is tons of Naruto, some Sasuke, and a Suigetsu. laugh.gif

Edited by StarSea

Shippuden takes place nearly 3 years after the original series. And, yes, Naruto comes back after having trained with Jiraiya during that time. smile.gif I THINK the Shippuden episodes aren't redrawn, but the sketchers do alternate sometimes. It happens in a few of the later episodes where the animation isn't that great.

Personally, I LOVE Naruto Shippuden more than the original. There is so much more character development and the storyline has more twists and turns in it. Plus, teenager Naruto is pretty much a heart-throb (sorry, couldn't contain my fan-girlism tongue.gif ).

Here is a pic to get us started with... wub.gif

user posted image

I've dropped the anime a while ago, sometimes between Kumo and the Pain arc since fillers really started to get on my nerves and the quality of the animation seemed to have dropped considerably.

The manga however is pretty much the reason I look forward to Wednesdays xd.png. Though I do go back occasionally to the anime to watch certain arcs/fights I wanted to see animated.

And agreed with above. Naruto has grown up nicely xd.png. Though I like him more without the forehead protector for some reason.

I think he looks really cool when he's using some of the Nine Tails chakra. But I don't really get why/how he has the Six Sages rinnegan when he is not a rinnegan person... I guess I'll just have to keep watching and see.

Nice pic, by the way!

xd.png I'm just looking over all of my screenshots from the episodes and I've got a ton for being at episode 251. Sure, 250 is a lot, but with almost 800 I, erm... think I went a little overboard. laugh.gif I loved the episode where Naruto's team is going to help with the Forbidden Jutsu and Yamato has to make the bridge. xd.png I don't think anybody else could have that great of a creepy face.

user posted image

>:D

Edited by StarSea

Thanks. biggrin.gif And you're right, Yamato does have a creepy face sometimes. lol

What do you mean by he "he has the Six Sages rinnegan"? I know Naruto's eyes take on that of the Kyuubi's when he goes into bijuu mode, but he has never had the Rinnegan. The seal does make him bear a striking resemblance to the Sage of the Six Paths though.

I've always liked his "upgraded" modes. The first instrumentation of the bijuu mode was pretty cool looking, as is witnessed by the pic Star posted. happy.gif SPOILER --> And now he looks even more like the So6P with his final bijuu mode.

Edited by sheppardkid

Ah I thought those might have been what you meant. Trust me, if you keep watching then it'll be explained better as to why his seal has those. It has to do with the spoiler I posted a second ago. lol

Gah!! Two more days and 299 english subbed will be out!!! *headdesk* I wish that I knew Japanese. Then I'd just watch the Japanese version one day, half way through the week watch the english subbed, then watch the next Japanese after that. Pretty much the only Japanese I've picked up so far from the subbed is thank you, no, explode, idiot, yes, hello, and ya know. xd.png Yes, hello idiot. Explode? No, thank you. Ya know? laugh.gif Maybe I should go back and watch all 298 in Japanese with English subbed?

Oh! And eternity. I think I might have rock, but I'm not sure yet...

Edited by StarSea

I've learned the words for fire, water, wind, earth, lightning, why?, mother, father, nice to meet you, idiot, and one or two others. It's amazing what you can pick up just watching anime. lol

I seriously can't wait until the current part of the manga is put into anime. It's going to be awesome!

Oh! And brother. xd.png I keep wanting to say Nisan instead of Nisa. laugh.gif Now if the subber would actually sub their styles and whatnot, I'd probably know some of them as well. Instead they just have what they said and in tiny fine print basically rephrasing the same thing. So if they said something like "Wood style *yada yada*" in Japanese, it'd be whatever they said instead of English. v_v Ah well, I can always find another way for them words.

*pokes Naruto Wiki* What's going on with you? I went there looking for a list of characters and they have like... 16? Then I find this site and it has 270 characters!

Edited by StarSea

Learned that one too! lol But it IS actually said as nii-san, not ni-sa. Sister is ne-chan I think.

If you are looking for a list of character you should try here

I'm shocked at what I just found out when I read Obito's summary! ohmy.gif I mean, yeah, his hair looked a lot alike, but I never thought that Obito was still... Unless someone used reanimation when everyone was still fairly young? I dunno. I presume that the manga has more on this because (from what I've heard) it's super far ahead of the anime.

Yeah his existence is explained in the manga. It's much further ahead than the anime. Those, like me, who read the manga have learned quite a few things that will make your head spin (sometimes in a good way and others not so much lol).

The episodes are too short! D: xd.png It seems like it takes a minute to get through one and forever to wait for the next one. Maybe I should see if the local library has any of the manga...

EDIT:

Actually, Nii-san doesn't mean just brother, it means big brother. 兄さん - Nii-san

Brother, 兄, is (or at least it sounds like to me with my echoing speakers... o.o) nah-neen. Either that or one of a million other things I hear. xd.png Nan-neen is the most common I'm hearing.

Little/Younger brother, 弟さん, sounds like Woto-susa to me...

Sister, シスター, sounds kinda like sistah... smile.gif Either that or chistah

Little/Younger sister, 妹さん, sounds like emoda-san

Older sister, お姉さん, sounds kinda like bouhnii-san

Now of course, I'm not positive if that's how you say them, but that's how you write them.

Edited by StarSea

Both of our character lists are missing people. I wouldn't say they're major characters, but they're characters none the less... There was an A person in one of the episodes just after the Raikage and Tsunade let Bee and Naruto go to the battle that there is a flashback and I can't remember his name, but he isn't on either of the lists so I'm going to google for him.

O.o I just realized something... Naruto's family (as in mother, father, and himself) are all Jinjuriki, and of the nine tails. Kushia became the full jinjuriki when she was young, then Minato when he sealed half of it inside himself, and then Naruto the day he was born and Minato had become one as well. Though... if the Jinjuriki holding the beast dies, and it's reborn, then when Minato died from the seal, wouldn't his half of the nine tails be released?? Unless it was sealed along with him...

O.o I just realized something... Naruto's family (as in mother, father, and himself) are all Jinjuriki, and of the nine tails. Kushia became the full jinjuriki when she was young, then Minato when he sealed half of it inside himself, and then Naruto the day he was born and Minato had become one as well. Though... if the Jinjuriki holding the beast dies, and it's reborn, then when Minato died from the seal, wouldn't his half of the nine tails be released?? Unless it was sealed along with him...

Glad you were able to find the character you were looking for. smile.gif

In the technical sense of the term I don't think Minato can be seen as a true Jinchuuriki. He would have needed to have the entire consciousness and chakra of the Nine-Tails to be sealed inside of himself in order for that. Kushina and Naruto are the definitely true Jinchuuriki though.

*bounces on heels excitedly* The point about the chakra being sealed with Minato is something that is being debated on in the Naruto forum I visit. It has to do with the latest manga chapter though so I don't want to spoil anything. What I CAN say is that the chakra was sealed inside of him when he died and it stayed within his body. If the Jinchuuriki dies then the tailed beast inside dies as well and it's the same with the chakra.

That last part confuses me... The Raikage was talking about killing Naruto to give them more time, and then Tsunade said something like more time until it's reborn. But if the tailed beast and it's chakra die when the Jinchuuriki die, then why wouldn't the nine tails die when Naruto the dies?

Oh wow. *headdesk* I just found out how you say all that sibling stuff I had posted above a few... laugh.gif

Big brother - Nīsan

Brother - Ani

Little brother - Otōto-san

Sister - Shisutā

Little sister - Imōto-san

Big sister - Onēsan

The only ones that I basically got from what I was hearing was sister and little sister. xd.png

biggrin.gif I just found a site that has all 621 chapters of the Naruto manga!! I think I know what I'll be doing for the next while. happy.gif

http://www.goodmanga.net/3/naruto?page=13

It looks to me that the anime does two chapters per episode?? And right now the anime is at chapter 556 of the manga...

Edited by StarSea

I think there is some discrepancy between the "legend" and the "actuality" when it comes to the tailed-beasts. Most people in the Naruto world believe that the tailed-beasts are born from the feelings of anger and hatred that humans give off. That's why their chakra can be so sinister feeling at times. I'm not sure if that's the truth yet or not, but it is what Tsunade (or someone else) explained some time ago. Someone, though I can't remember who (Tsunade or Jiraiya maybe?), also said that the tailed-beast would die with its host if the host died. *shrugs* So it could be part of the story or it could be Kishimoto not remembering what he wrote at times. lol

I personally like to use www.mangastream.com to read the Naruto manga. It has a better translation than most.

Edited by sheppardkid

happy.gif Of course you can!

I'm so bad at reading manga. xd.png I never know which way it goes when it's got lots of random boxes. laugh.gif I feel like I'm reading it in the wrong order. And thanks for the link, but it looks like they're only keeping the three or four newest chapters... sad.gif

xd.png I just realized two things- the site I've been watching Naruto at also has the manga chapters as well as episode 303 will be coming out on my birthday! biggrin.gif

I kinda wish that your site did keep older chapters though, because it does seem to have the best translations.

Edited by StarSea

@ StarSea- Shoot I didn't realize that! Sorry, I should have checked. And yeah it took me a bit to get used to reading it. I still get a bit confused when there page holds both small and large panels.

@ cyberkitten16- Welcome to the party! I'm afraid I'm a bit predictable because I like Naruto.

Edited by sheppardkid