TwilightMoonDragon

<~* Fireflies *~>

Nirvarda nodded, looking at the ground. "Things haven't been easy for anyone." She checked the ground for tracks ahead, to see if the soldiers had moved on. "I'm from the Negre forest. It was a good place to be, calm, secluded. As soon as I step outside, I'm confronted with soldiers, wanting me to go to the Kingdom. That was when I fled to here. What about yourself?" she asked curiously.

Mythril glided between the peaks, occasionally flying higher to check ahead. On one such time, he noticed the footsoldiers, still lost and confused. Nirvarda! Soldiers, up ahead! They haven't left yet! Mythril looked worried. He turned to Vereva. We've got company up ahead! It's the footsoldiers that were chasing us before!

"I come from a small village that was burnt down years ago." Apostol said, his eyes narrowing against the winter wind. "... My parents were killed in that fire and that's when I found a dragon egg. I rather not go deep into my past, if you don't mind."

Apostol.

What?

Mythril says there's troops ahead.

"Troops." Apostol warned, just in case Nirvarda hadn't heard, and raised a hand to his sword.

"No, there are too many. Besides, I have a better idea." She called Mythril down and she climbed onto his back. He flew into the air and they waited on a peak. They just waited, watching. Nirvarda waited, watching the troops as they waited for Apostol and his dragon to lead the way.

With a long-winded sigh, Kai walked on among his fellow soldiers, his arms propped up so that his hands crossed and clamped at the back of his neck. Beside him stalked Neceron, his head dipped low so that he could butt his snout against his rider's shoulder every few moments to grab his attention. Troubled by the human's distant look, the dragon craned his neck a bit to better view his face from behind, frowning at him.

Are you quite all right?

Ignoring him, he walked on, adjusting the mail he wore for protection and glancing around, his eyes trained on the trees. Something didn't feel right, but yet birds and small woodland creatures still littered the scenery... It could not possibly be a looming threat, could it? Otherwise they would have scattered.

He walked on, pretending to be oblivious of Neceron's insistence on nudging him from behind and nipping at his arms to be listened to.

Wait, do you want to lead the way to our camp either way? Apostol blinked in surprise when Nirvarda flew off to a peak and sat there in wait.

It appears that she does. Come, I will fly close to the ground, just in case. Vereva tucked her wings in and flew above the treetops. In the gray skies, her scaly pelt blended into the sky. Only one with great eyesight could see her, and great hearing could hear her quiet flight. Apostol frowned and walked ahead, not wanting to go and walk.

As long as you give us directions, we'll lead. Nirvarda waited for the reply and the directions to their base.

Mythril looked at them both. If things go against the odds, I'll help. I don't want to loose them, especially if they are the leaders of the infamous Fireflies. He leapt off the peak and glided around until Nirvarda directed him. He watched the troops carefully, positive to ensure nothing went wrong.

Okay. It's a bit lower on the mountain, but a path leads right up to it. You don't have to climb down, even if you don't have a dragon. Keep following that path and you'll see a large entrance that looks like nothing more than a cave. That's the camp. Apostol walked a bit more, not wanting to draw attention. The man looked warily to and fro. Of course, they would be searching for dragons, and since Mythril was flying elsewhere with Nirvarda, Vereva was blending into te sky.

Thank you Mythril. I just hope that you will keep to your word. the dragon tipped her head forward and growled softly.

Mythril flew ahead a little and dived behind mountains ever so often. He was keeping an eye, making sure they were ok. Nirvarda did the same. When they were all together, only then would they fly to the base. For now, they would watch over them, like an all powerful God. He watched them carefully. He'd often ask for updates, asking either Vereva or Apostol personally. What news from your side? Nothing on ours, the troops are moving ahead slowly. If you want to move faster, we can create a diversion. Nirvarda can already see the opening so we can get back. If there are any emergencies, shout out and we'll be there.

No, there is no new news on our side. We usually keep to ourselves if there is nothing plan. And there is no need to create a diversion. Apostol could already see the entrance.

Apostol was quite the fast walker. He ran and walked quickly and he let nothing stand in his way. Sighing, Vereva flapped harder so they would not be able to see her. The dragonness trusted in Apostol, and if she didn't, she would of made sure that he was safe. If he died, she died, and then there would be no hope for the fireflies.

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Akama moved his hand slowly over a pearly white skull. Raven could feel frustration sparking off of the boy like firecrackers as Akama leaned on him. A scythe lay beside them, the long leather straps that were wrapped around the thin handle fluttering a bit in the wind, coming off from years of usage. The blood stained blade glinted evilly in the light. Akama took his hand from the skull and reached out to the blade. Knowing what he was about to do, Raven opened his eyes and hissed, annoyed, when the boy stroked the blade of the scythe, letting the Sharp metal pierce his skin. Akama put his hand to his mouth and felt Raven's discomfort.

What? Are you jealous I didn't cut myself on you? he asked jokingly, licking the blood off his fingers.

Don't be stupid and don't do stupid things. I have enough to worry about without you hurting yourself, Raven growled back in his mind, letting out a growl physically as well.

I need to go hunting. If I don't kill something soon, I think I might go crazy... Akama told Raven, putting the skull to his cheek.

Hmph. We were ordered to stay here. The king will be angry if we leave, Raven reminded Akama, closing his eyes.

But only a messenger came. The king would know that if he were to have me do something, he would summon me or come to speak with me personally. If it's only a messenger, then it mustn't be too important, Akama argued, jumping up, scythe in hand.

Alright... I'll tell you when the king wants us back. But don't expect me to carry you, Raven got to his feet, stretching.

Come on. Let's go then! Akama began running and Raven followed.

Stupid indeed, Kaiya said, climbing onto Azula's back. So stupid I think I'll break that rule for awhile. The pale blue dragon growled in agreement, and charged past the others towards the tiny light ahead.

Her claws echoed throughout the tunnels as she sent dust and pebbles flying. Azula relaxed her wings, unfurling them partially as the light drew nearer. Kaiya's rebel-like nature had rubbed off on her dragon a bit.

Anya blinked in surprise when Kaiya got onto her dragon's back. Was she really..? Anya watched as Azula took off with her rider, and she got onto Ladon's back. You're not thinking about following? Ladon groaned, but as she looked ahead, Ladon grumbled and ran ahead. He jumped off the edge and flapped his wings and taking off.

I'm following, Kaiya!

Flying through the air on Evens, Yuki was nodding off. Yuki, Yuki are you awake? Don't fall asleep! There are dragons down below! Yuki snapped awake, suddenly alert. "I'm awake!" She said, looking at the ground. "Evens, we should not get involved in that mess below." Yuki said, turning her attention once more to the skies. Yuki, we've traveling for soooooooooooo looooonnnnngggggg! Evens whined in a distinct child like pitch. "Fine." Yuki relented, trying simply make Evens shut up. The two tilted down, aiming to land near the group. "If this is a trap..." Yuki left the rest of her sentence hang in the air. You wouldn't do anything... Evens smiled. Doesn't mean I'm not mad. We could have reached the Fireflies suspected camp within a few more days.

((Not much... can you just read the page or so of posts?))

Azula, in spite of herself, loosed a loud roar, followed by a jet of blueish white fire. The sunlight and firelight caused her scales to shine beautifully. Kaiya laughed, feeling her partner's immense joy. As the pair climbed higher and higher into the sky. The blue dragon looped and spiraled about, humming softly. As she steadied out, Kaiya turned to see Ladon following them. If he is going to try and scold me... Azula growled to her rider

[Tiger, I posted...]

Ladon grumbled under his breath as Azula and Kaiya seemed to be making quite the fuss about being outside. But as he turned his blue eyes up to his Rider, Anya seemed to be enjoying herself, looking ahead as she felt the wind blow around her face. The dragon was unconvinced that this was a good idea, but he flew up to Azula. Someone is happy. But I am not to be blamed when Apostol starts to yell.

Apostol isn't going to yell, Ladon. Anya giggled in her mind.

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

"Evens, there are dragons above us." Yuki said. She preferred to speak out loud, somehow she liked the feel of the words on her tongue better that way. Okay, Evens said, Hop on.

Yuki quickly hopped onto her saddle. It was handmade, and of poor quality, but it was the only one she had. Evens launched up, darting just in front of the two dragons. Yuki pondered what to say. What should she say? Definitely along the lines of 'Identify yourself', but what if they thought she was part of the King's Army? "Who are you?" She shouted, hoping that would work.

Azula came to a halt as a silver dragon darted in front of her. He looked to be her age, but he was slightly bigger than her. Both her and Kaiya's mental walls went up immediately, blocking any form of contact other than orally speaking. All Azula could do is hover as Kaiya called back, "That is no business of yours. You are on Fireflies territory. State your business truthfully or be killed."

Well, that was something. Yuki sighed, she figured they would react like this, no matter what she said. "I have been looking for the Fireflies!" She yelled back. "I wish to join their cause!" Her mental walls were up, but she always had them up, it wasn't that she trusted no one, but it was simple habit. She always had them up, to block out people, to block out her thoughts of Evens.

((Sorry, been busy and inactive.))

Mythril watched carefully. He waited on the peak, watching the soldiers. I'm surprised I haven't been shot at. Usually, soldiers would have seen me. he said to Nirvarda. She also watched in silence, checking for any other dangers. Well let's hope that still doesn't happen. And that Apostol and his dragon aren't struck down. I don't know what we'd do if they were lost. They slowly edged their way towards the cave opening, checking ever so often.

(can I have a character who cannot get an egg to hatch? Like they find one but it doesn't hatch as.)

Raven took to the skies while Akama ran below him. Looking down, Raven made sure to keep Akama in sight at all times. He didn't know what that kid would do. Despite being his dragon, Akama was as hard to understand as a complete stranger sometimes. He was still a child, a weird child at that. Akama laughed as the wind blew his hair and his face, racing below his dragon's careful watch. Then he suddenly realized something. Didn't a group of soldiers get sent out to scout not too long ago? Where were they? They should be back by now... He smiled. He had better go find them and punish them if they hadn't got any useful information. Being unable to ride his dragon meant he had to run long distances, keeping up with Raven. So, he was pretty fast and had great stamina by now. The two slowly approached territory unknown to them, but familiar to the Fireflies. Akama had really saw no trouble in going to the Fireflies' territory. He never wore anything that identified himself as part of the king's army and he was a relatively new captain.

Apostol finally made it to the caverns, but paused to let Vereva glide through. Come, you two. he called with his mind. The man looked around. Something was wrong. "... Wait. Hello?" he called.

[short post.]

Neceron's insistence on nudging him from behind remained ignored as Kai continued to scout the area with his eyes, certain that something was amiss. At this point, both he and his dragon had lagged well behind the rest of the king's men, instead ambling off into a different direction entirely. Silent, the slender blue reptilian creature somberly slinked behind his rider, unable to gauge the brunette's intentions even with their inseparable mental bond. The wind picked up and dragged several locks of black hair into his face, keeping him more and more frustrated as he repeatedly adjusted it back behind his ears so he could see, muttering under his breath about a haircut.

He had no idea how long he'd walked through the wood, but at once he was absolutely without a doubt certain that he was in the midst of grave danger.

Near the top of one of the cliffs close by, there was, quite obviously, a dragon. Accompanied by a rider or not, it alarmed him greatly, and sent him launching himself back to grapple for Neceron's saddle, the owner of which took off into the air as soon as his rider had managed to clamber onto him. Without bothering to wait or come up with a strategy - much to Neceron's despair - Kai began bellowing at it from a distance to reveal its allegiances in hopes of drawing any possible rider out, abandoning any semblance of decent cover they might have had.