olympe

Change on how cooldowns work

How do you want to change the way cooldowns (for breeding/BSAs) work?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes. Sure, taking the example of Splash, you could use the BSA again 6 minutes later if you used it at five to midnight - but then, you'd have to wait the full 24 hours to use it again - and you can only repeat the "five to midnight - directly after midnight" stunt if you did not use the BSA for almost 48 hours. (Even if you used Splash at 11:55 pm on Monday and at 12:05 am on Tuesday, you could still only use it once per day. The next time you could use Splash would still be Wednesday - whether you used the BSA at 00:05 am or 23:55 pm.)

The only timer that I think needs changing, is the Breeding timer. I'd like to suggest an alternative version.. I voted 'other'.

1. Choose a DAY that is convienient for you.

2. Breeding timer is changed to reflect a six day minimum.

3. Player then has a 24 hr window to breed, on their chosen day, from midnite to midnite.

4. Player can change their breeding day once every 30 days.. this is included to cover unforseen RL changes that may make the original day inconvienient.

It may seem awkward at first, but it wouldn't take long to get used to it. Yes, more people would probably breed on weekends, but this is an International site, so it wouldn't be like everyone was breeding at once. Midnite for me would be noon for someone in Southeast Asia.

Edited by Cinnamin Draconna

That's pretty much the same as with my suggestion, only that you want to force people to use the same day for breeding for at least a month. Or am I missing something?

There is NO force when you CHOOSE which day you breed on. But there are drawbacks that I just thought of, which most folk would consider unaceptable, so I'll withdraw my suggestion.