TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows OCC | Accepting

Hey Duss. You want Calypso to respond, or are we skipping soon? I'm just running out of things to say for now, but I could continue the encounter if you want.

I think we're skipping soon, I dunno. I was running out of stuff today too.

I am sorry to say that I'll be taking a short break, though it will hopefully only be for a week or two. I'm getting dragged off to the middle of nowhere until Sunday, then I have school starting up not two days after that. I hope to be back as soon as possible, and I might make some weak posts now and then, but for the most part, expect me to vanish.

TMD, you can bunny Devon if you guys need to do anything for the Templars in my absence. Just don't kill him off just yet, and keep the insanity to a minimum. I have stuffs planned for that guy.

So, it occurs to me that at the time of the Greeks, the Templars weren't 'the Templars' yet. The knights didn't exist yet, the Crusades won't happen for awhile.

We can't call them the Templars.

Edited by Dusset

We could just call them Athenians and say that's where it all started just for our purposes.

Well, if we're going for anachronisms, their entire speech is wrong for the time period. But that hasn't been a problem either. So yeah...

Well, modern English is not how they would have spoken. I think it would have been a little closer to Shakespearean English. Yet we use modern English, do we not?

Well, true. But they also didn't speak English. I like to think we're translating what they're saying to the best of our abilities when characters speak. You can translate Shakespearean English to Modern, it's almost like a different language.

Yes, but many of the words and saying we use just didn't exist.

And...

When you're translating something, the goal it to be as true to the original meaning as possible. For example, if I want to translate the word "linda" from Portuguese to English, I should translate it as "pretty" instead of "beautiful" because that's closer to what the speaker was trying to say.

So if you translate something from ancient Greek (which is actually still different from modern Greek) to English and use modern English instead of Shakespearean, it's farther from what the speaker originally intended.

Alright, I see what you mean.

But at the same time, who among us would put the effort into correctly translating from Modern English to Shakespearean English to Greek to Ancient Greek? The rp would slow down too much.

I'd just prefer if we didn't have historical inaccuracies. The phrase 'Templar' nor the organization itself didn't exist for a thousand years give or take.

Bonus Point: There have been at least four posts I've made where I had to come up with other ways to express an idea instead of using a saying. I think at some point Hermes was going to say 'You look like a deer in headlights' but that had to be scrapped.

I know that. I'm just saying that we sometimes overlook the anachronisms for the sake of time.

But... Shouldn't we just call them guards or something? I mean, typing out "Athenians" all the time is gonna get annoying kinda fast.

I guess. I don't care what we call them, really, just a suggestion. happy.gif

Hey guys... Who's gonna mentor who? Unless I've seriously missed something, there's been no real concrete discussion on it.

Also, TMD, since Sophie is five, it'd be a year of RP time 'til Circe has to mentor her. Just so you know. xd.png

We know that Cyrus will mentor either Kaethe or Zero (since mentoring your own character is boring). Then we need two other full assassins to mentor Hermes and the other apprentice. Any takers? I don't mind having either Kal (I think I'll call her that in the RP for speed) or Helena be a mentor, but it's up to y'all. And we'll need another person to mentor Thais once two RP years pass.

I want Cyrus to mentor Zero.

I think it'll be fun. For Cyrus, anyways.

Plus, on a psychological stand point, Cyrus can relate to Zero's tortures. The Spartans weren't particularly nice in their army...

What'dya think?

Alright. Cool. xd.png

Yeah. I mean, it'll be fun for me, not necessarily for Zero.

I agree. Though, since he's young, he'll naturally rebel against the concept that Cyrus understands. Especially about his sister, since Spartan women did have an enormous amount of rights for the time. Don't expect him to have an easy time getting through. xd.png

Did you have anyone in mind for Hermes? Perhaps Calypso? xd.png

EDIT:

I dunno, TMD. Any preference?

Edited by Mousia

Here's a list of every full assassin:

Helena, Female, 24 [Moose]

Cyrus, Male, 26 [Duss] - Mentoring Zero

Aella, Female, 25 [Rain]

Aetios, Male, 23 [TMD] - Your character

Typhon, Male, 20 [TMD] - Your character

Circe, Female, 19 [TMD] - Your character

Kallisto, Female, 20 [Moose]

Calypso, Female, 21 [Rain] - Probably not a good fit/pending for Hermes

I narrowed down the list with strikeouts and reasons for them. Hope that helped. xd.png

xd.png 'Kay.

So then Circe can mentor Sophia and whoever can mentor Thais eventually.

All set.

Righteo!

I'll go do a quick post to move Hermes and Circe home since Ice is MIA.