Kalahan

Creatures of Wing Haven

Okay, in this book I've written, there's a whole 'nother world called Wing Haven. Being a completely different world, the beasts living there will be different then Earth's. This section here will be basically a big Zoology Thread for Wing Haven. Only, in Wing Haven, the study of animals is called Ganyagraphy (pronounced (like can->)Gan-ya-graphy). That may or may not be covered later. Mwahahaha......

user posted image

Species Name: Zihl' Draks

Plant/Animal: Animal

Vertebrate/Invertebrate: Vertebrate

Closest Earth Category: Reptile

Closest Earth Relative: Utahraptor Ostrammayasorum

Related to: Zeel' Draks

Diet: Carnivore

Main Foods: Calbatross, Jackelopes, Rainchow

Hunted by: Dragons, Draco-Leopards, Draygars

Domesticated: Yes

Can it be domesticated?: XX

Sub Species: XX

Fur, scales, skin, sceathers(scales and feathers), a combination, etc.: Fur, scales, and plate-like armor.

Biome Types: Forests, Jungles, Deserts

Height: 8 ft.

Weight: 1,100 lbs.

Other info: The Zihl' Draks are the agile, swift, reptilian mounts of Wing Haven. Unlike Husain Horses, whose hooves deny them access to certain areas, the Zihl' Draks can go just about anywhere. Unfortunately, they're not as strong as Husain Horses and cannot carry much baggage along with the rider. The glowing cyan markings are a result of a spell cast on the earliest domesticated Zihl' Draks. It allowed Zihl' Draks, with the markings, to be able to choose a human rider. But, like the Banshees on James Cameron's Avatar, they can only have one rider in their entire lifetime. Zihl' Draks without the markings don't take riders, and, though will sometimes still reside with humans, are commonly among the wild.

Interesting fact, the spell even affected the eggs of the Zihl' Draks. The cyan spots are a sign that the Zihl' Drak inside will be able to choose a rider.

Sleeping Habits: Diurnal

Intelligence Level: Average to High

Live birth or egg laying?: Egg laying

Abundancy: High

Can people hunt them?: No. The wild ones can be quite fierce and don't take to being eaten.

---------------------------------------

Zihl' Draks live in Wing Haven and Wing Haven only. They are not a species to be OCed, kapeesh?

Done on a Create-a-Dragon thingy by 10-sec-to-draw-a-gun on DA.

Whaddaya think? COMMENT PLEASE!!!

user posted image

Aha! Look! A Rough Draft of the Rainchow! Real quick before I get into the official description, know that that's the ROUGH DRAFT!!!! In actuality, the main body has streaks of the other colors while the main color is blue. Their body is not solid blue. Okay, now that that's out of the way, here's the official.

Species Name: Rainchow

Earth category: Bird

Closest Earth relative/replacement: Cardinal

Related to: XX

Diet: Herbivore

Main foods: Berries and worms

Hunted by: Komegadian Dragons, Volfs, Horosian Fire Cats, Cats

Domesticated: No

Can it eventually be domesticated?: Yes

Sub species: XX

Fur, scales, skin, feathers, sceathers(scale/feathers) a combination, etc: Feathers

Biome Type: Forests

Height: 2 ft.

Weight: 7 oz.

Other Information: The Rainchow is a beautiful bird that almost perfectly resembles the Cardinal of Earth. Only, they're three times a Cardinal's size, and their feathers are the colors of the Rainbow(above picture not doing justice to utter beauty). Though they are beautiful, they are not a bird to be eaten. Their flesh, as a means of protection, is utterly bitter and horrid to eat. Only the absolutely desperate would eat a Rainchow. Other than that, they are like you average bird.

Intelligence level: Low

Live birth or egg laying?: Egg Laying

Abundancy: Average

Can people hunt them?: You really don't want to have to

------------------------------------------

And just as a notice, I DID NOT OFFICIALLY DRAW THIS BIRD!!!! I downloaded a picture of a Cardinal, took out the background, and colored over it. biggrin.gif Lazy, I know, but it still looks good!

The Rainchow live in Wing Haven and Wing Haven only. They are not a species to be OCed, kapeesh?

Rainchow concept © Me

This looks to be quite interesting. I like the Draks.

Okay, up next are one of my first ever made up Creatures of Wing Haven.

user posted image

Species Name: Husain Horse

Closest Earth category: Equine

Closest Earth relative/replacement: Sleipnir

Related to: ??(unknown)??

Diet: Herbivore

Main foods: Grass, Hay, Apples, Carrots | For wild ones, anything they can eat

Hunted by: Dragons, Draco-Leopards, Volfsians, Jurykas

Domesticated: Yes

Can it eventually be domesticated?: XX

Sub species: Miniature Husains

Fur, scales, skin, feathers, sceathers(scale/feathers) a combination, etc: Hard Hide and Hair

Biome Type: Grasslands

Height: 62-68 in.

Weight: 1,100-1,300 lbs.

Other Information: Husain Horses have no fur. All they have are their hairy tails and manes. They have six legs instead of four, four in the front and the normal two in the back. They are much more muscular than Earth Horses. They have Chakra within them, which is why they have lines of Chakra energy on their hides, colors varying with their inherit element. They are just as intelligent as earth horses, only with the smarts are able to use it to better advantages if they have the desire. Due to their lack of body hair, their hides are revealed as grey and rough, being able to deflect some of the weak weapons of Wing Haven: knives, darts, dull swords, ill-made swords that may be easy to break, etc. Their hooves are super hard and can easily break the bones of lesser creatures. While some are less independent then others, independence is a common trait. They can be fierce and, with their muscles and hard hooves, can make great War Horses. This is the info regarding the differences between each Husain Horse depending on their element.

Fire: Red Chakra Lines, a vague fire symbol on the flank made out of the Chakra Lines, and brown hair color

Earth: Brown Chakra Lines, a vague earth symbol on the flank made out of the Chakra Lines, and black hair color

Wind: Light Green Chakra Lines, a vague wind symbol on the flank made out of the Chakra Lines, and mixed hair color

Ice: White Chakra Lines, a vague ice symbol on the flank made out of the Chakra Lines, and white hair color.

Intelligence level: Average to High

Live birth or egg laying?: Live Birth

Abundancy: High

Can people hunt them?: Only crazies do, as the killing of Husain Horses in such a way for profit is considered criminal in Wing Haven.

------------------------------------------

Ta-Da! Behold! The horses of Wing Haven! Like said, they're only difference from Earthen Horses is the added limbs, ability to withhold Chakra, and lack of fur. Otherwise, they're exceedingly reminiscent.

The Husain Horses live in Wing Haven and Wing Haven only. They are not a species to be OCed, kapeesh?

Husain Horse concept © Me

Nice :3 It reminds me of one of those horses in Avatar, which are also six legged. My only crit is that the the middle have a bit of a strange structure near the 'shoulder' area to work comfortably together with the front pair, if you see what I mean.

Yeah, I realize they resemble them. And this is kind of a Rough Draft, so it may not appear correct. I'm not the best artist......sue me...... smile.gif