Pixxelation

The Holly Respriting Contest

Welcome to The Holly Respriting Contest!

Introduction

As many DCers know, the Holly is one of the most elusive sprites ever released into the caves of DC. Also known as the Christmas '07 dragon, Hollies are often sought after. However, another commonly know fact among DCers is that Hollies are not the most well-made sprites; their colors are very saturated and they have many anatomical problems. Despite this, Hollies are still only owned by the minority of DC. Because of all these reasons, members have had fun recreating their versions of the Holly sprite. That's what this contest is for: Creating a new Holly sprite.

Goal

The goal of this contest is simple: make a new Holly sprite and compete against other entrants to see whose is the best. It will go to a poll that will last one month. Now, you may be asking yourself, "Why do this? While it sounds fun and all, what's the point?" I feel, that since this is a contest for Holly sprites, the prize should be...

You guessed it!

A SEVERELY LONG-LINEAGED, INBRED BALLOON!

Just kidding! The actual prize will be a Holly egg from my Holly, Hangbutt. If we get enough donors, we may even have other Hollies donated, enough for First Place, Second Place, Third Place, or more! if this is the case, preference will decide who gets which Holly. First Place gets first pick, Second Place gets second pick, etc.

Rules

Like every contest, this one has to have its rules. They are as follows:

• The sprite must be completely your own. You may not just take the original sprite and edit it. You may sketch it into a similar or identical pose, but you must have sprited 100% of it. You may use the palette from the current sprite.

• All sprites must be submitted by 3:30 PM on November 10th, 2012. Why this date? Voting will (hopefully) begin that day so that our winner(s) are known by Christmas.

• These must be sprites. This means you can't use the blend tool, smudge tool, paintbrush tool, etc.

• NO ART THEFT. If we find out the sprite you use is stolen, you will be banned from this thread forever.

• You must use correct anatomy. The only exception to this rule is that you may purposely keep the hangbutt, as some members think this to be a defining trait of the breed. Note that you are allowed to receive crits in other threads or the IRC before submitting your entry.

• The word "Dargunz" must be somewhere in your post. If you do not include this, your error wil not be pointed out; I will completely ignore your post.

• Use the form below to enter.

• These rules are subject to change at any given moment without warning.

• Have fun!
Form[/b]

Here is the form that you must use to enter:

[b][size=7][COLOR=red]I[/COLOR] [COLOR=green]W[/COLOR][COLOR=red]i[/COLOR][COLOR=green]l[/COLOR][COLOR=red]l[/COLOR] [COLOR=green]H[/COLOR][COLOR=red]a[/COLOR][COLOR=green]z[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]a[/COLOR] [COLOR=green]H[/COLOR][COLOR=red]o[/COLOR][COLOR=green]l[/COLOR][COLOR=red]l[/COLOR][COLOR=green]y[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]S[/COLOR][COLOR=green]p[/COLOR][COLOR=red]r[/COLOR][COLOR=green]i[/COLOR][COLOR=red]t[/COLOR][COLOR=green]e[/COLOR][/size][/b]
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Sketched or Scratch (If sketched, please provide your sketch):[/b]
[b]Collab? (If yes, please provide credit to who helped you):[/b]
[b]Competing for a Holly or for fun?:[/b]

It should look like this:

I Will Haz a Holly Sprite

Username:

Sketched or Scratch (If sketched, please provide your sketch):

Collab? (If yes, please provide credit to who helped you):

Competing for a Holly or for fun?:

Here is the form that you must use to post your sprite:

[b][size=7][COLOR=red]I[/COLOR] [COLOR=green]H[/COLOR][COLOR=red]a[/COLOR][COLOR=green]z[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]a[/COLOR] [COLOR=green]H[/COLOR][COLOR=red]o[/COLOR][COLOR=green]l[/COLOR][COLOR=red]l[/COLOR][COLOR=green]y[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]S[/COLOR][COLOR=green]p[/COLOR][COLOR=red]r[/COLOR][COLOR=green]i[/COLOR][COLOR=red]t[/COLOR][COLOR=green]e[/COLOR][/size][/b]
[b]Username:[/B]
[b]Adult:[/b]
[b]Hatchies (Optional):[/b]
[B]Sketch(es) (If applicable):[/b]

It should look like this:

I Haz a Holly Sprite

Username:

Adult:

Hatchies (Optional):

Sketch(es) (If applicable):

Edited by PieMaster

Current Donors:

Current Contestants:

Edited by PieMaster

They are allowed to receive crits in the Sprite Practice Thread, IRC, their own OW threads, etc.

So, are we allowed to make changes to the Holly but keep within the Holly's original design? For example, change the size of it's wings or change the color of it's tail?

from what i am understanding, you have to completely sprite it on your own, but you can make it look how you please

Ah, Wonderful then! I have some ideas for changes I wish to try out~

Yeah, you are allowed to change any concept of it that you please.

Keep in mind these sprites are just for fun, not for actual in-site purposes.

Closing at request of OP.