Fire-Ice

Freedom Hills: A Mustang RP

Aaron's light sleep was woken up by Foxilly's low cries of terror. "Foxlilly, are you alright?" He took the obvious guess that she was having a nightmare. Foxlilly then said "Sanga!" Which confused Aaron Who's Sanga? When Foxlilly's quick breathing was turned back to normal, he assumed the nightmare was over. Closing his eyes, Aaron went back into his light nap.

Just as Foxlilly was falling asleep, she heard a faint call, "Foxlilly, are you alright?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Sage was startled by Foxlilly's sudden outburst in her sleep, but when she saw that Aaron and her were sleeping, she shook her head. "Must have been the lightning," she said quietly. Getting up from where she had been laying, she walked over to the entrance of the cave and looked out, surprised to find that there was little rain. Slowly she stepped out of the cave and onto the plains. Looking around she saw that the thunder clouds had passed on, and they were safe now. Deciding to wait till morning to wake the others, she laid down and kept watch.

Tonto:

Tonto watched as Zuri went to check on the foals. He shook water droplets from his mane and then found a comfortable spot in the cave. It was a fairly dry spot far away from the entrance so they thunder was quieter. Completely exhausted, Tonto laid down on the dirt ground and slowly fell asleep.

Dawnbreaker (Dawn):

Dawnbreaker silently waited as the humans scurried around putting halters on horses, leading them into the barn, and tripping in the mud. The storm didn't bother Dawn. She had grown up on the ranch and the storms were a common sight. The cool rain felt refreshing as it landed on her silver and white dappled body. One human, the one that most commonly rode her, put on her halter and began leading her to the barn. She followed and kept her footing on the squishy mud. Soon she was in the nice warm barn standing on some dry hay. Out of the rain, Dawn began to think about her exciting day tomorrow. There had been reports of a herd found in the plateaus. Tomorrow, Dawn would get to go out and try to find them. Hopefully the storm didn't push them to far away. Soon, all of the horses were in the barn and the humans went back inside their house. It didn't take too long before Dawn was asleep.

Zuri fell asleep as well, with the foals sleeping aside her. A tiring day as come to a close, and she enjoyed the much needed sleep.

Aaron awoke from his mild sleep to check outside. He saw that the dark sky was starting to regain just a little bit of light, a sign that dawn was breaking. He now was faced with either staying at the herd for at least until morning, or leave before they even wake up.

Raven flicked his ears as he heard movement, and opened his eyes to see that Aaron was awake. Getting up, he walked over and stood beside him. For a little bit he just stood there, watching the clouds, and then he told Aaron, "You don't have to stay with us, you know?"

Sierra obediently followed her tired master as she was led into her stall. Sierra had worked almost nonstop for the entire day, even for a while after dark. Her master was hoping to enter a horse show in a month or two, and he made sure that Sierra was being trained as much as possible. Her master unclipped the lead rope and Sierra retreated to the back of the stall, waiting for her feed. She could tell that her master was in a hurry, as he spilled quite a bit of her grain and her hay was barely in her hayrack. He shut her stall door with a loud bang, and to her disappointment, locked it.

Sierra turned away from her food and the center of the barn and stuck her head out of the dutch door, looking at the beautiful stars that were scattered in the dark sky. Being captive isn't too bad. Master gives me food, shelter, and protection and all I have to do is jump for him? It seems pretty fair. And I'm treated decently too... Sierra jumped, startled by her thoughts. What had she been thinking? Humans are bad, very bad. They take away our freedom and force us to become their slaves. We eat dusty, dry hay and bland grain, live in tiny boxes, and only run if they want us to. They are like false gods, yet we horses bow down to them, do anything to please them. Horses can survive on their own, they don't need to become slaves just to be protected and fed. Sierra kicked the stall door angrily, leaving a large dent.

What keeps me from bucking my master off when he kicks me forward? What keeps me from breaking down this flimsy door and running to freedom? She gave the door another hard kick, her anger growing. She wanted to be free, she didn't want to be stuck in this stupid box all night. Why don't I bite the humans and run for it? Why have I waited so long to try and escape? Why do I act like a perfect little mare when I'm not? Sierra kicked the door again, this time hearing the satisfying sound of splintering wood. Master isn't going to be happy, but who cares? Realizing that she wouldn't escape and she was acting like a baby, Sierra began to calm herself down, turning around and eating her food. It was cold and bland, as usual, but it calmed her, and she slipped out of her angry state. Her stomach full, she was able to slip off into calm, dreamless sleep.

Aaron nodded his head "That's just what I was thinking." But his gaze was lead back to Foxlilly. Something was bothering her and he didn't quite know what it was. Shall he stay here a little bit longer just out of sheer curiosity? Returning Raven's stare, he said "I'll stay here just a little bit longer, I'm still trying to heal from these cougar wounds."

((We gotta find a way to have this RP start moving along))

Raven nodded, understanding in his gaze. Looking back out of the cave, he watched the grass blowing and birds fly by. His mind drifted to the hills. How are the other horses fairing? he wondered, not knowing if there was a place for them during the storms. He didn't dare voice the though for hew knew of what had happened to Sage. Instead, he just walked out of the cave and began to graze on the long grass, flicking his tail at the annoying flies that dared to bother him.

Aaron let out a small relaxed sigh and decided to join Raven to graze. One thing terribly obvious about Aaron was he always seemed to be on the lookout. Even at a rather safe place like this, he still didn't want to risk it.