philpot123

Out of curiosity...

Lately I've kinda hit a rut for learning new songs. If anyone has any cover requests for ukulele, possibly guitar or piano, let me know. Doing it by request would give me a little more motivation biggrin.gif so, wanna hear your favorite song covered on ukulele? Just tell me what it is and I'll try to learn it and video it as soon as possible. That'd be great tongue.gif

-Phil (The Uker)

What an awesome idea! I wish I could play something, I'd totally steal this idea.

My favorite song right now is

by Tegan and Sara. If you'd like to try your hand at that one it'd be so cool. :]

I think a slower tempo version with the uke or piano would be sweet, but that's just an idea. Here's a link to the lyrics http://www.songlyrics.com/tegan-and-sara/northshore-lyrics/

I love this idea smile.gif

I'm a bass player and I learn a new song almost everyday smile.gif

I got one for you, Death of a martian by the red hot chili peppers smile.gif

I just learned most of it last night

rainbowsmile, I love that song! I worked out the intro by ear but I'm having a hard time picking up on the chords in the main part, it's so fast... I'll keep working on it though smile.gif all I can find online are guitar tabs, which don't help me much for uke.

padfoot, I think I can manage that smile.gif almost got the main riff worked out, but I'll mix it up a little. We'll see tongue.gif I'll get something workable. Just give me a little bit.

Ooo- love this idea. I used to play uke, it's really nice smile.gif

Can you do some Nirvana, please? rolleyes.gif

rainbowsmile, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to pull that one off xd.png it's a bit difficult for me to pick out, especially since I can't find chords anywhere.

Padfoot, almost got Death of a Martian down! Video coming soon biggrin.gif

SPQR, I can totally do that smile.gif I'll find something good to do.

Nice idea. (: I wish that I could play guitar good enough so I could tell others to say a song and then learn how to play it too. /;

Do you think you could manage to make a cover on

or maybe
? (:

rainbowsmile, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to pull that one off xd.png it's a bit difficult for me to pick out, especially since I can't find chords anywhere.

Oh well, thanks for trying! :]

SPQR, I can totally do that smile.gif I'll find something good to do.

Awesome <3

Any song's fine... don't know which one will be the best for uke, anyways tongue.gif

Caius, I'm liking monster... I think I could work out a good uke cover to that. Great song!! I'll be working on it biggrin.gif

Rainbowsmile, if there's anything else I'd love to try smile.gif

SPQR, I'm doing man who sold the world ^.^ it's very... minimalist. I like it. not too hard instrument wise. I can promise the vocals won't be Cobain-par, because I'm DEFINITELY not a good singer. But I try ^.^ so it's almost done, I just have to work out a couple timing issues.

Also, still working on the RHCP song for ya Padfoot! It's coming. The vocals are a little strained for my range, so I might try a different tuning.

Okay, I'll probably get the Nirvana song done tomorrow, MAYBE the RHCP. The Itchy Daze song seems pretty simple, so that should be ready in a couple days.

I recorded a video of some instrumental stuff just so you all can get an idea of the fact that I don't suck at uke, I just suck at singing and putting the two together effectively wink.gif which is why I'm asking for requests for practice tongue.gif so here 'tis

SPQR, I'm doing man who sold the world ^.^ it's very... minimalist. I like it. not too hard instrument wise. I can promise the vocals won't be Cobain-par, because I'm DEFINITELY not a good singer. But I try ^.^ so it's almost done, I just have to work out a couple timing issues.

Aw, I love that song! Don't worry, I don't think that anyone can be Cobain-par ^^ Thanks so much again, uke + Nirvana = so much epic :3

ETA: I saw your instrumental video (and a few of your other ones), and they're simply amazing!

Edited by SPQR

Aw, I love that song! Don't worry, I don't think that anyone can be Cobain-par ^^ Thanks so much again, uke + Nirvana = so much epic :3

ETA: I saw your instrumental video (and a few of your other ones), and they're simply amazing!

I don't think so either. He's just magic.

Aw thanks ^.^ I try xd.png I stick with uke because it's something I'm pretty decent at, unlike some other things I try wink.gif

I don't think so either. He's just magic.

Aw thanks ^.^ I try xd.png I stick with uke because it's something I'm pretty decent at, unlike some other things I try wink.gif

He is, isn't he xd.png

Why must the good die young...

Pretty decent?? As Skwisgaar would say, pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. That's the understatement of the century ^^

He is, isn't he xd.png

Why must the good die young...

Pretty decent?? As Skwisgaar would say, pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. That's the understatement of the century ^^

True that. Well, good except for the heavy drug usage xd.png why must the good get blown too far on drugs and THEN die young wink.gif

Haha well, it helps that uke is easy. Less actual talent needed tongue.gif

Alright, first song that I'm able to play through consistently is The Man Who Sold The World by Nirvana! As requested by SPQR wink.gif

Forgive the suckiness, it's a learning process.

Hot dang! That is amazing <3

Love that song so much, you did such a great job! Like your voice, too ^^

Ah thanks ^.^ I enjoyed learning it. I've never listened to much Nirvana before, so it introduced me to a little bit of new music tongue.gif and I don't particularly like my voice xd.png but I'm working on it. I wish I could take vocal lessons, but I don't exactly have much time on my hands this year... *sigh*

Probably the reason you can't get the range right is because Anthony Kiedis did heroin for so many years. The only reason I can hit the correct range is because My voice is insainly deep and the range in that song is as high I can go smile.gif. I learned the bass a few days ago but I am incapable of singing while I play.

If you can get the poem at the end without reading off a script i will be impressed

P.S. see if this helps smile.gif

Edited by padfoot

Probably the reason you can't get the range right is because Anthony Kiedis did heroin for so many years. The only reason I can hit the correct range is because My voice is insainly deep and the range in that song is as high I can go smile.gif. I learned the bass a few days ago but I am incapable of singing while I play.

If you can get the poem at the end without reading off a script i will be impressed

P.S. see if this helps smile.gif

Well, in the original key, it's kinda on either side of my range xd.png it's pretty deep for me, bearable but not comfortable. An octave up it's bearably high but uncomfortably so. Plus the timing of the guitar with the vocals is tricky. I'm still working on it though! It just might take me longer.

I'm still waiting for someone to request a song I already no so I can be all "uhm let me see i think I can... DONE!!!!" haha tongue.gif working on DoaM and Monster currently, any other requests are welcome!

Edited by philpot123

Alright, first song that I'm able to play through consistently is The Man Who Sold The World by Nirvana! As requested by SPQR wink.gif

Forgive the suckiness, it's a learning process.

Wow, awesome! biggrin.gif

And I have to second what SPQR said, I like your voice! (:

Wow, awesome! biggrin.gif

And I have to second what SPQR said, I like your voice! (:

Aw thanks! I'm glad someone does xd.png I almost have your song done! The first time I listened to it I knew how I wanted to do it, I already had a picking pattern in mind smile.gif

Aw thanks! I'm glad someone does xd.png I almost have your song done! The first time I listened to it I knew how I wanted to do it, I already had a picking pattern in mind smile.gif

You're welcome! ^^

I can't wait to hear it! (: I've loved that song for quite some time now, and I really like to hear covers others do. (:

I know this wasn't requested but... er... I love this song... plus, it was easy. I have Monster ready, and will record a video today or tomorrow.