Sylverfinger

The Dragon Riders

((Sorry to bother you Sylver, its just, I made a secret power similar to the one your dragon there has, and you said that wasnt allowed....))

Edited by athania

((What I meant was that Bllod can breathe hotter fire and continue breathing it for a longer time. I'll change the wording on it.))

((Okay, then let this meeting start too!))

Alfhild and Felinus

Alfhild said, looking around the room as to see the members all there, "Yes, I suppose so."

Well?

Don't tell me you're starting it too. Felinus remained silent.

"I called you here to discuss about a move we might make. I received recent information that Kudret has plans on visiting Doslin, one of the only cities left that Kudret has not yet been able to subdue. He plans on sending his Slayer and another Thirteen, yet unnamed. This may be a golden situation for us, or a critical loss. Doslin contributes on supporting us with weapons, food, and material, and if they fall we will have to take precious time to recuperate, in which case Kudret might choose to attack us head-on, and likely overcome us in our weakened state. But if we attack the Slayer and his partner first, we may gain a bargaining chip, or reduce the force of the Thirteen by 16%, inspire greater confidence, strengthen moral and gain more recruits, in both circumstances saving Doslin. The other courses of action are to attack Kudret's castle with a probable number of up to four or five Thirteen besides Kudret himself, evacuate Doslin, which is improbable, or to just simply do nothing." Alfhild looked around at the expectant faces, all reclining on wooden chairs like the one she was sitting on, tassled cushions of plain colours, or on the wooden floor. The dragons were lying on larger cushions or on the floor as well, eyes fixed upon hers.

Nice speech. Felinus roved his head to stare at Alfhild. Albeit a bit dramatic... Alfhild stroked Felinus along his white neck, and he rumbled in contentment and stopped.

Kudret and Hiltraud

"Make sure of it, Amsel," Kudret said softly, so that only Duke, who was sitting to his immediate left, could hear. Kudret usually called his Thirteen by their first names. Duke would know who he was referring to.

He turned from him, and addressed the whole table. "Therefore, I send all of you, with the exception of Duke, to the city of Doslin to join the Slayer and Bllod, and Scorpio and Nagendra, who, as you may have noticed, are absent." Dismissing his Thirteen with a wave, he waited before the last had filed out before striding purposefully to the secret passageway to his rooms.

Edited by Sylverfinger

Anri & Caleb

Dramatic, but leaves us very little choice.

Agreed... "Caleb and I agree, to an extent, that it seems smartest to attack the two in Doslin, either killing them or bargaining with them. But...one must wonder if, to another view, Kudret has also thought through this very idea in an attempt to think like us." Anri said, with a deep voice but steady confidence. "So attacking Kudret directly is also likely. If he sends his thirteen to Doslin, we could risk the loss by the possible gain, should we succeed in killing Kudret. But, should we lose, we also risk not only Doslin...but our freedom, our very lives, as well. In both cases, the risk and rewards are much the same."

Unlike the rest of the riders, Anri sat on the floor against his Dragon, the creature not enjoying the idea of being even slightly a part from his rider. Anri, being honest, didn't like that idea either. If a quick escape was necessary, though unlikely here, it would need to take only seconds to get away. Caleb turned his head toward the window, yawning slightly, Wonder where Berko is. That traveler is the only reason I come these days.

He's probably seething after you sent him through that trail instead of going to get him as soon as we woke this morning.

...He deserved it. He singed my tail.

You're fireproof.

I'm protective of myself, and you.

You're still fireproof.

Hush, my rider. Quit worrying your little head. He cuffed Anri's ear with the tip of his tail lightly, giving a Dragon smile in place of a laugh.

Duke & Fury

Duke stood once they were dismissed, heading to the stables with Fury in tow to fetch their riding gear. Unlike some dragons, Fury's physical exterior was not the best for riding bareback. On top of that, the saddle she wore was often in need of repair or replacement. Money of course wasn't an issue- Kudret paid well for their service and loyalty- it was just a hassle for someone to have to remake a saddle every few weeks.

'I wonder how much mythril straps would cost?' he thought to himself.

'Too much...' Fury chimed in his head almost immediately. 'Besides, I think I look good in leather.'

Duke stifled a laugh, shaking his head as he did so. 'Now I've heard everything...' he thought back teasingly 'YOU, Fury, would look much better in black steel.'

'What is it with you and armor?' Fury asked, going along with it. 'My scales protect me better than any steel plating would; it'd just slow me down.'

"Touche'," Duke muttered, patting her neck as they reached the stables outside. Duke entered and retrieved the saddle, strapping it onto Fury before climbing onto her back. She took a running start, before taking off and heading toward their mission.

Username: Moonbeam22

Human name: (elf's name)Kyra

Appearance: Kyra is an elf. She is about 5'6, has very long, rich brown hair and green eyes. Otherwise, she is pretty much a typical looking elf woman.

Personality: Kyra is a calm, fairly stern person, and takes this war extremly seriously. However, when not in "war mode" she is very kind and gental, and spends a lot of time working for the rebellion.

Weapons: Bow and arrows, rider's sword (two handed; dark blue and silver blade; light and long)

Dragon name: Azuran

Appearance: Azuran is a stunning deep blue with pure white teeth, claws, and spikes along his back. He is a bit on the small side, but his wings are a little too big for his body, making him an excellent flyer.

Personality: Azuran is young, only about 17 years old, so at times he can be a bit arrogent. However, he is bright, alert, and and a quick thinker. He is a fearless fighter, thought he knows when he is outmatched.

Secret power: Azuran can breathe underwater

Human's age: 24

Human's history:WIP

Alliance: Rebellion (I'm still a rider though)

Other: Kudret

Did a lot of editing, can I please start rping now?

Edited by Moonbeam22

Kyra & Azuran

As Kyra released her bowstring, sending her last silver arrow thudding into the dead tree she used as a target, Azuran came soaring down into the clearing. We should probably get back to the Rebellion... It is late, and the Thirteen's thugs are all over the place, he said. Kyra looked up from tugging arrows from the thick bark and teased, What, are you scared? Azuran growled and said, No. I just don't like flying in the dark when there are so many threats. I'm not Black dragon, you know. The young elf nodded, and replaced the last of her arrows in her quiver, and slung her bow over her shoulders. You're right, let's go, she admitted, climbing up Azuran's right forleg. Kyra settled in the saddle and securing the straps arcoss her legs. I turn, Azuran unfurled his massive, translucent wings, and launched himself into the blood-red sunset sky.

Edited by Moonbeam22

Kaiser & Scrios

Kaiser and Scrios, both carefully heard Alfhild's words. Even when they were clearly truth, it sounded a bit dramatic, though, this is war and in war things aren't really nice per say. "what do you think we should do?" asked the black dragon to his rider. Kaiser, thoughtfully had already made his mind for the -what he thought- was the best choice. "I believe it would be best to go to Doslin, we have better chances on winning there, besides, it is an important supplier for us which is probably the most important part in this momment" the rider said to the group, answering Scrios' question in the process. He turned to his dragon, nodding to him, assuring the beast he had heard him. "I thought so" Scrios replied to him, having him thought of that too.

Kaiser then continued, addressing the complete assembly. "Anri, it is true, attacking Kudret's castle we would have a chance of killing Kudret and end this... nevertheless, think about this through... it is Kudret's castle so it means that besides the possible Thirteens we will find there, we will also find a deeply secured sctructure, a lot of men, a lot of armory and stuff like that. Now, look around you, our numbers, even good, are not as much as Kudret's and for sure, not enough to take down his castle, at least not now" he said while looking around the group. "now, if we want to have a real chance of taking him down what we need is to attack the and cease the numbers of the Thirteens, and that we could do in Doslin, along with protecting an important supplier for us... yeah, it will take us time, but I say it is better to go slow but sure than rushing in a direct attack that might end up having us all killed and leaving no hope of stopping Kudret" the man spoke to the group in a serious yet confident tone, he was for sure convinced that this would happen if they attacked the castle right away.

Scrios groaned, almost laughing but quietly, it was not a laugh out of dimiss but of proud instead. "you wanted to give a big speech too didn't you?" he said to his rider, sounding sarcastic but having a real sense of pride on what the man had just did. Kaiser smirked, half smiling, he indeed wanted, and he felt he had done the right thing...

((What is the rebellion using as a "base?" Is it a fortress, or just a big camp or....?))

Berko

Berko was tired. He kept leaning up on trees to catch his breath so his cough would not act up. He could see the headquarters building now.

"Come on boy," Berko growled to himself. He reached the door of the building and pushed it open.

"The Traveler reporting for duty," gasped Berko, saluting Alfhild.

Anri & Caleb

Caleb looked at Berlin then duck his head down to human level. Here I was beginning to worry. Welcome traveler. The dragon laughed, but offered the guy a water jug he'd wrapped in his tail.

((and fail...))

((Sorry for the long lapse. By the way, I imagined the HQ basically as Nasa did; a stone structure around the height of a three-story house containing a large space where we are now, leading into some random other rooms and a staircase which, going up, leads to Alfhild's study and quarters; going down, it leads to the basement, some stores, and etc. Perhaps there might be secret exits in the basement going underground; it's not all fully defined yet. But anyways:))

Alfhild and Felinus

Felinus' head swung out of Alfhild's lap, identical to her own movement. Berko had swung open the doors and staggered in, saying, "The Traveler reporting for duty," saluting and looking as if he had run a long, rough way in one go. Getting up, she pulled a cushion over to him. Allowing some moments for him to regain his breath somewhat, she asked, "What happened?"

((pitiful post, I know...))

Berko

((Well I hadn't been planning on saying he ran, but I'll work with it.))

Berko plopped himself down on the seat Alfhild offered him. After he calmed his breathing a bit he reached for the water jug Caleb offered him. A few sips of water later some of it went down wrong making Berko cough. He thumped his chest a bit before focusing on Alfhild's question. His hood was still up hiding him from the others.

"This is why I ran," answered Berko, between coughs. He paused to pulled a scrap of parchment from his gauntlet. "I received word from one of my contacts. He was stationed in Kudret's very own castle, as a servant. He says that Kudret has called a meeting of his Riders. He doesn't know what the meeting was about, but it must have been urgent for it happened early in the morning. I received the message this morning at a base I set-up when I first came here to this island."

Berko's mind turned momentarily to the network of contacts he had painstakingly worked to form over the years. Many were in dangerous positions but none of them truly knew each other. They all had false names they used to make it harder to identify them. They were positioned in ways that suited their skills and made them hard to find. The group had a multitude of methods for sending messages, especially to Berko, for he was constantly on the move. He had explained the system somewhat to Alfhild and Anri, but had never incorporated them to into it.

the Contact in Kudret's Castle ((I won't say the persons name but he is Kudret's head falconer))

When he saw the doors to the meeting chamber open the man excused himself from his fellow servants and headed to the falconry for a better view. When he saw where Duke and Fury were headed he rushed to wrtie a message. Then selecting the fastest message falcon they had he tied the message to its leg.

"Message," he instructed the bird, tapping it once on its head, before releasing it. The bird flew straight towards the island, as instructed.

Edited by Nasa13

Anri and Caleb

Well, not much to go on, but enough for sure. Caleb said, looking at Berko. Probably to decide who was going where and who was staying put. We know their moving out on one of our cities, but other than that we're flying in the dark. A common saying Caleb often spoke, mostly because he'd flown blind before and knew first hand what that was like. He compared most instances like this with that instance. Hence "flying in the dark."

THe dragon cricked his neck, feeling the bones down it pop one after the other. It was a relieving thing, honestly. Built up tension was never good, and he had enough of that in the past. Old injuries really.

Alfhild and Felinus

"This is why I ran," Berko said. Alfhild looked at the piece of parchment he had pulled out of his gauntlet, then back at him as he spoke again. "I received word from one of my contacts. He was stationed in Kudret's very own castle, as a servant. He says that Kudret has called a meeting of his Riders. He doesn't know what the meeting was about, but it must have been urgent for it happened early in the morning. I received the message this morning at a base I set up when I first came here to this island."

Alfhild considered the information. A meeting early in the morning could mean a very urgent matter was to be discussed, there was to be a surprise attack somewhere in the vicinity of Kudret's castle, or that there was a prearranged meeting somewhere relatively far away, and that the meeting was to brief the whole Thirteen, and it was being met early because traveling from there to wherever it was would take at least until mid-morning or noon. The second she dismissed because there was no point attacking anything anywhere near Kudret's settlement; Kudret had given the area his special attention. But the first and third theory brought a new aspect in.

"Thank you, Berko, this new piece of information brings a new light. We were just discussing Kudret's move on Doslin."

Berko

"It is possible that Kudret may be planning to reinforce Doslin," replied Berko once he was feeling better. "You do realize that any defense we mount will signal to Kudret that the town is important to us? Kudret is obsessed with finding our headquarters. He has been sending out searchers to look for us everywhere. Even up north where I have slain a few myself."

As he moved around the map table, he poured the last bit of water on Caleb's head. He moved before the dragon could react.

"If I may," he said waving his hand over the map. "A minor campaign of guerrilla warfare may damage their morale and affect the supply trains for Kudret's armies. Such a unit would require little resources from the Rebellion and could potentially supply our forces at Kudret's own expense. Depending on the size of our forces a rank and file battle may be out of the question. So, what do you say?"

Messenger Falcon

The bird flew with all speed to the Rebellions base. It landed at a window where the voices where loudest. It tapped on the window and let out a screech to announce itself.

Edited by Nasa13

Anri & Caleb

Caleb hissed, shooting a glare at Berko while flicking the water from his muzzle. Try and do something nice for someone...

Anri looked around the table before letting his eyes close and leaning back. The possibilities were miles long but none guaranteed success or that we'd live. It was a hard desicion for sure. Which is why we do not lead.

And I am grateful.

Caleb nodded before looking at the bird in the window. Silence, you infernal thing. I have a problem with screeching hawks and I am hungry. But he used his tail and opened the window.

((Sorry for the break. I had a cold.))

Alfhild and Felinus

Alfhild leaned against Felinus, listening as Berko walked around the table, dumped the water on Caleb, then hearing the sharp rapping of the messenger falcon. She glanced over the room, over the large hourglass on the oak table, the detailed map centering it, and then the falcon as it flew into her vision. She gently removed the message tied to its leg and read it. Looking up, she said, "The Thirteen are all moving to Doslin. We'll have to move forces now."

Edited by Sylverfinger

((Horse was the codename of the Rebellions headquarters their birds were trained to listen for as a location. I'm going to remove it.))

Berko

"Alfhild if I may," said Berko taking the bird from her at releasing it out the window to return to the castle. "I would like to gather a force of fighters separate from our main forces. I wish to begin a campaign of guerrilla warfare. I am willing to join you though in any immediate action. We must draw the Thirteens' attention away from Doslin."

Edited by Nasa13