TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I'm beginning to think that someone is coding

While we are lookin' at trees

Things are different by far

Now we've got a scroll bar

And you can wheel the ornaments off the treeeeeee!

(To be sung to the tune of 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas')

Maybe this is so that we can check to see if there's a tree under some of the walls of ornaments. laugh.gif

Maybe this is so that we can check to see if there's a tree under some of the walls of ornaments. laugh.gif

xd.png That's a great idea. Sometimes it would be really handy, indeed xd.png

Has anyone seen the tree with the giant lizard?

Yeah, took me a little to realize it was a lizard so I gave it an eight.

Just wanted to mention, to those who were worried because they had a really full traditional tree - I gave one a 9 a little while ago. It was full of ornaments, but it had been done so well that it wasn't at all overwhelming to look at; which I think made it even more impressive. So traditional trees do get good ratings and they aren't written off just for being full. I give extra for being able to wrangle a tree like that into shape. biggrin.gif

Also, am I the only one who has used the scroll bar to scroll the ornaments off, only to end up with new garland and ornaments on it that had been off to the side? xd.png

Some of them do seem to need that! xd.png

I think the scroll bar is a new addition, but I don't see the point.

Hff, not a single 10 so far. Two or three 8-9s, but no WHAPOW AWESOME coming up for me yet!

On the other hand, I think I may have been the only one to do the ornament combo I did. :3 My tree's not impressive, but it's nice to know it's got an original touch!

i dont like the scroll bar its blocking the bottom area

This.

Also, can anyone tell me why some trees have scroll bars, but most don't? I thought we were all decorating in the same amount of space...weird...

I'm not getting a scroll bar on any trees that I've rated. I am now getting trees that are getting cut off, or not centered with the ornaments anymore. Anyone else having this happen?

Mine is so boring compared to some I've seen. laugh.gif I just decorated it like I would a normal Christmas tree, with the ornaments I liked best. But some of these others are amazing! I like the rainbow-sorted trees particularly, and the ones that show a sense of humor. Ran into one that looked as though one of the dragons was trying to hang lights; that one made me lol.

It's wonderful to see so many creative folks playing the game!

I saw a cute one. At the bottom of the tree, it looked like the nutcracker and the angel were getting married biggrin.gif

Hff, not a single 10 so far. Two or three 8-9s, but no WHAPOW AWESOME coming up for me yet!

On the other hand, I think I may have been the only one to do the ornament combo I did. :3 My tree's not impressive, but it's nice to know it's got an original touch!

Yeah, I haven't seen anything like mine, either, and I've been at this for hours. Who knows if that's good or bad? lol

Yeah, me too. This is probably a good thing for people who had unused ornaments showing up way beyond where they were supposed to, like in the numbers at the bottom which I had been noticing.

yes but unfair to the rest of us who've deliberately put ornaments around the tree... They should have been more careful with the ornaments lying around anyway.

This.

Also, can anyone tell me why some trees have scroll bars, but most don't? I thought we were all decorating in the same amount of space...weird...

I think it's a result of some trees having stuff nearer the edges of the invisible box around the tree and instead of that getting cut off you can scroll and see it. But I don't really like it.

I'm beginning to think that someone is coding

While we are lookin' at trees

Things are different by far

Now we've got a scroll bar

And you can wheel the ornaments off the treeeeeee!

(To be sung to the tune of 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas')

Dragon cave Dragon cave Dragon cave rock

Wanting the caveborns when the cave is blocked

breeding and breeding up bushels of eggs

now the dragon hop has begun

i think the scroll bar is gon

Did anyone see the Santa tree? it was a big santa face hat and all big white eyes really cute

Hmm...I think it's back to normal.

Just saw a tree with stuff on the sides that weren't cut off and there was no scroll bar.

Can someone confirm something for me?

I submitted my tree before the 9th but after I hit submit all the decorations came off my tree. I left it thinking it was okay because the tree I submitted would be judged and not the bare tree.

Now I'm reading that whatever people can see after editing has been locked is what will be seen and judged by everyone.

So does that mean my tree is one of those empty ones that people keep seeing and not the one I submitted? sad.gif

Can someone confirm something for me?

I submitted my tree before the 9th but after I hit submit all the decorations came off my tree. I left it thinking it was okay because the tree I submitted would be judged and not the bare tree.

Now I'm reading that whatever people can see after editing has been locked is what will be seen and judged by everyone.

So does that mean my tree is one of those empty ones that people keep seeing and not the one I submitted? sad.gif

Yes, I do believe that is the case.