klinneah

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

ninja.gif

I've never personaly played it, but my cousin played it once and it scared the crap out of me. I also love the video of the 20 year old who is freaking out and is cussing his mind out. LOL it was so funny!

I saw a Let's Play and it scared me so bad. NOT AS BAD AS PENUMBRA THOUGH!

I had to sleep with the light on for two weeks. D8

Also this.

...I want to play it so bad. Once I do, I swear I'll put it on UStream or something so everyone can make fun of my friend and I flipping our censorkip.gif. biggrin.gif ...No way in Hell am I going to play this alone.

Edited by Icepelt

A friend of mine-Neko-Sama- just got the game and we both were messing around throwing chairs around (one managed to get stuck on a cabinet and the another glitched threw the floor). That is, until the first (the second really, because Neko didn't want to look to the right end of the hall way were the first monster could be seen) monster made it's appearance in the Refinery where we both debated on whether or not we should run at it without a care in the world. We both didn't even know how to use crouch so we were kinda open for attack.

Neko wussed out for too long and the monster disappeared as I bravely barreled towards it. I had to go home soon after.

I really want to play it now...at night. @_@

Edited by PACMANnot

man looking at the lets plays it looks awesome but as I get scared just watching the videos I dont think I could play it without freaking out

A friend of mine-Neko-Sama- just got the game and we both were messing around throwing chairs around (one managed to get stuck on a cabinet and the another glitched threw the floor). That is, until the first (the second really, because Neko didn't want to look to the right end of the hall way were the first monster could be seen) monster made it's appearance in the Refinery where we both debated on whether or not we should run at it without a care in the world. We both didn't even know how to use crouch so we were kinda open for attack.

Neko wussed out for too long and the monster disappeared as I bravely barreled towards it. I had to go home soon after.

I really want to play it now...at night. @_@

Running at it is never the way to go. I believe that particular monster is okay for that, but running at it isn't going to achieve you anything.

Running at it is never the way to go. I believe that particular monster is okay for that, but running at it isn't going to achieve you anything.

It was just for the censorkip.gifs and giggles at the time, but then Neko freaked and handed me the controls but it was already too late to do anything about it. :\

Edited by PACMANnot

Played barely the first part only and I just quit it... damn, even without the monsters it's already scary... o_o

And the painting of Alexander was just... blink.gif

Love it.

Finally a decently scary game.

I have the full game, the demo left me wanting to play the full one so bad, I loved the atmosphere and creepiness, I'm up to the storage room, which I know is one of the scariest places, should be fun.

Mangaminx has the funniest reactions in her 'lets play amnesia' videos, they're hilarious.

part one: watch if you're too scared to play the game and don't mind lots of swearing

Just watched a somewhat fan trailor... not play it if its scarier then silent hill...

but i did see it as a top in survival horror in my world records gamers edition. :/

Aaaahhh who let this game almost vanish off of this forum. D= Bump bump bump!

I watched my sister play the whole thing. Was insanely fun. She didn't get scared, though. So it was mainly me just laughing and screaming occasionally.

I tried playing it, and I didn't even get to the part where I could meet him. I just stuck whatshisface under a light and refused to move. =U

I want to get the game so badly! My friend and I are convincing her boyfriend to play :3 In the meantime I just watch A LOT of Amnesia videos (LP's, marathons and the like). After many months of watching I still get the same reaction whenever Mr. Face pops in to say hello. I basically waver between intense artistic appreciation and pure, unadulterated fear.

xd.png This game completely terrifies me. I convinced my boyfriend to get it because I had seen videos of the gameplay and how people freak out and I love horror games. Playing it though . . . is an entirely different story. I have no idea what it is about the game that freaks me out so completely but I feel like a small terrified child whenever I play it ;~; I normally have to stop playing and do something else for a while before returning to it.

xd.png This game completely terrifies me. I convinced my boyfriend to get it because I had seen videos of the gameplay and how people freak out and I love horror games. Playing it though . . . is an entirely different story. I have no idea what it is about the game that freaks me out so completely but I feel like a small terrified child whenever I play it ;~; I normally have to stop playing and do something else for a while before returning to it.

It's totally the psychological aspect messing with your mind O___O Every part has something that taps into our deeper phobias...

I want to get the game so badly! My friend and I are convincing her boyfriend to play :3 In the meantime I just watch A LOT of Amnesia videos (LP's, marathons and the like). After many months of watching I still get the same reaction whenever Mr. Face pops in to say hello. I basically waver between intense artistic appreciation and pure, unadulterated fear.

It's in the latest Humble Bundle. You can get it (and the other main games) for as little as you like, and $1 total gets you the Steam keys for the games you bought.

It's in the latest Humble Bundle. You can get it (and the other main games) for as little as you like, and $1 total gets you the Steam keys for the games you bought.

Oh wow thank you! ^__^ I'll have to go on Steam and take advantage of that!

It's totally the psychological aspect messing with your mind O___O Every part has something that taps into our deeper phobias...

Maybe it's just the fact that it's dark and you can't see everything. Lol The psychological impact just the dark itself has on our minds is awful. I'm not scared of the dark but if I know there's something there that can hurt me it's terrifying o__o

Maybe it's just the fact that it's dark and you can't see everything. Lol The psychological impact just the dark itself has on our minds is awful. I'm not scared of the dark but if I know there's something there that can hurt me it's terrifying o__o

Their use of water is pretty diabolical too- in every LP I've ever seen, no matter how brave the LPer is, when they enter the sewers they automatically go on edge. From the water part on it's like you can't even go near water O__O

The contrast of the Storage and the Choir appeals to both fears as well- the Storage plays on its sense of confinement (no place to run), and the Choir plays on its open arena (no place to hide)...

Their use of water is pretty diabolical too- in every LP I've ever seen, no matter how brave the LPer is, when they enter the sewers they automatically go on edge. From the water part on it's like you can't even go near water O__O

The contrast of the Storage and the Choir appeals to both fears as well- the Storage plays on its sense of confinement (no place to run), and the Choir plays on its open arena (no place to hide)...

xd.png I made my bf play the water part ;~; cause I knew what was coming. Invisible monsters? No thank you. I haven't gotten to the choir part yet but no place to hide sounds awful. Lol

xd.png I made my bf play the water part ;~; cause I knew what was coming. Invisible monsters? No thank you. I haven't gotten to the choir part yet but no place to hide sounds awful. Lol

Ohmygosh I didn't know I'm sorry >////< I didn't mean to spoil anything...But once you get to the Choir just remember Hermione's protip from HP Chamber of Secrets wink.gif Sorry I couldn't help myself...

Ohmygosh I didn't know I'm sorry >////< I didn't mean to spoil anything...But once you get to the Choir just remember Hermione's protip from HP Chamber of Secrets wink.gif Sorry I couldn't help myself...

Don't worry about it lol. It's okay xd.png and I shall keep that in mind. O.O never thought a HP reference could be made to Amnesia lol

Don't worry about it lol. It's okay xd.png and I shall keep that in mind. O.O never thought a HP reference could be made to Amnesia lol

It's not a reference, but the word itself is very helpful I'm so subtle derp derp

Agrippa, what do you want?

"A cure."

Ok, so where do I get that?

"Find ze writings of mine apprentice, John Weyer. Find the cure for me."

Kay.

*finds cure*

Sup.

"Oh. Good. Now give me it and cut my head off."

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Agrippa, what do you want?

"A cure."

Ok, so where do I get that?

"Find ze writings of mine apprentice, John Weyer. Find the cure for me."

Kay.

*finds cure*

Sup.

"Oh. Good. Now give me it and cut my head off."

Oh, Agrippa...if only that last action could have first. Then the rambling would have been over so much faster... ._.