Ruins

Thomas Harris

Run Ruins Run!

But don't come to my house. I don't want you leading him here.

Seriously, I quite like cleverness in books and films and what not. And pure awesome. That scene in Hannibal where he just stands there and lets the man eating pigs roam around is win.

*fires up Harley Davidson*

The pigs just knew that he was more evil than they were... Or maybe, with him being a pure sociopath and all, they didn't smell any fear- so didn't indentify him as a potiential prey animal?

Do sociopaths smell like fear? I presume they feel fear- as a primal flight instinct rather than a sophisticated emotion, every animal has it- but it could be that Hannibal's sociopathy just so... sociopathical he doesn't feel anything anger and a smugness. And the emotion I term 'omnomnomnom'- the liking to eat.

Anyhoo, I have to be in somewhere tedious by nightfall- Holland, maybe. He'd never go to Holland. It's not as only as flat as a pancake- it has all the style and culture of fried batter as well.

But the pancake has nicer hotels...

*drives off at 100 miles an hour*

Delay him for me- set Dr Sheffield on hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim...

Sheffield: Why would I be 'set' on my dear friend Hannibal? Dr Lecter and I take tea every second Thursday.

Fortune: D:

I think the pigs just didn't sense any fear coming from him. They ate the other men because they were afraid and were screaming, just what the pigs had been trained to eat.

I haz backups...

Dr Conel: Oh, please... That awful grammar is just not funny. Hey, there's a familiar face. Hello, Sheridan! *waves*

Your job is to get Lecter, not chat with Dr Freakenstien! dry.gif

Conel: If you're going to be rude, I'll just convert you and have done with it.

Sheffield: Hello Wayland.

Saw Hannibal again last night. I still get grossed out when he feeds that dude his own brains. I mean, the guy was a jerk, but still.

I like it when he starts singing, in the book. The fact he just makes inane and random comments about everything made me laugh, and actually reminds me of my behaviour at the dinner table- reduced to making small nothings about flowers and napkins.

Conel: I'd never eat someone! Think of what the OFSTED inspectors would say...

Sheffield: Neither would I. It'd be a perfect waste of research material. Then again, there are worse people out there spitting on our noble profession...

I remember reading somewhere that Lecter still kept in touch with all of his old friends (from back before they knew he was a killer) and sent them gifts on their birthdays and such. It's odd, but if it wasn't for the whole, you know, eating people thing, I'd rather like to meet him.

I'm unappitising! laugh.gif Seriously, it'd be kinda cool. I can just imagine the scene- "Oh, a present from Dr Lecter! ...Aww, wine again! I told him I didn't drink... Ah, but what's this, chums? Cool! A translated version of Machiavelli's The Prince- awesome!"

(Yes, I do refer to myself as 'chums' on occasion...)

Conel: Dear god, that's depressing.

I think you are forgetting the part where he served someone's insides (can't remember what bit) to his dinner guests.

Vegetarians taste like broccoli... Just kidding. I probably just be fatty and most likely taste like failure.

If he disguised it, I would probably chow it straight down, ask for seconds, then wonder what he's smirking at. Then, when they told me, I'd go "What?! That b-tard! He told me it was vegetari- bleeearrggh! Oh, gosh. Did I hit your shoes?"

EDIT: The bits he served were the 'sweetbreads' the thymus and some other gland, I think.

Edited by Ruins

That's what I mean, a friendship with Lecter would have the serious chance of being served part of another person O.o

Didn't he give that part of that man's brain to the kid on the plane at the end of the movie?