Skypool

Septimus Heap

I loved Septimus Heap! I haven't read Syren yet though and of course Darke because it hasn't came out yet!

Rant and Rave about Septimus Heap all you want!^^ No vampire talk here this is all Magyk

I read about half of Magyk, but it turned out over cliche and for the first... say, ten chapters, they hadn't even introduced the main character. Some of the aspects were rather immature, such as that exclusive janitor thing (Which made me go WTF does this have to do with anything?)

So I pretty much got bored a bit after the author finally introduced Septimus, who turned out to be a Gary Stu.

So I gave up on the book and found something else more worth my time.

I've only read Flyte, and that was forever ago, but I remember trying to read Magyk but never finishing. I also remember that Flyte was pretty good.

Oh, I used to read this series. It was light, it was fun, it was escapism.

One thing that bugged me though- it was sooooo predictable. There wasn't a single plot twist in any of the books I didn't see coming. And while that did make me feel a little bit proud, it sorta made them less entertaining.

Also, Septimus's personality change from book one to two struck me as odd. Its been years since I've read them, so I might be a bit off....but he went from being a cowardly, nervous boy (understandable given his background) to a confident young wizard in a matter of months. I know he probably got a confidence boost from that whole 'you're magic!' and 'you have a family!' thing, but it was just such a turn-a-round.

Oh, I used to read this series. It was light, it was fun, it was escapism.

One thing that bugged me though- it was sooooo predictable. There wasn't a single plot twist in any of the books I didn't see coming. And while that did make me feel a little bit proud, it sorta made them less entertaining.

Also, Septimus's personality change from book one to two struck me as odd. Its been years since I've read them, so I might be a bit off....but he went from being a cowardly, nervous boy (understandable given his background) to a confident young wizard in a matter of months. I know he probably got a confidence boost from that whole 'you're magic!' and 'you have a family!' thing, but it was just such a turn-a-round.

This. I stopped reading the series after the second book. It's a good reminder that a book can be enjoyable without being -good-.

i read the first book and the second but i failed at the third book since it was overdue. sad.gif ill try again soon, though! smile.gif

yeah. the series is a pretty well written one, nice character development, et cetera, but I just didn't like Physik or Queste. xd.png

Good series, yes, but they started to drop off.. Physik was just weird.

YUSS. Exactly! I didn't like Physik because of just...what happened in it. And I guess I just didn't like it. Weird... xd.png

I'm not sure what to say about Queste. Definitely better than Physik, though definitely not my favorite of hte series.

I liked Magyk, Flyte, and Syren though tongue.gif

I like the series. I agree that physic and queste were not my favorite. I can't wait for darke though. Its coming in the spring.

There's a sixth book?

I'm trying to decide whether to be happy or slightly irritated. She seems to be dragging out the series.

its been so long since i read these books i cant remember much about them

but i cant remember if it would be worth rereading them sad.gif

yeah, they are pretty predictible, i read them a while ago and i cant remember them very well, but i deffinetly liked syren better than any of the others. has anyone read Darke yet??? im waiting for my libray to get it. it does seem like shes dragging the seires out, i though it was all over and now theres another book coming out.

I am in the middle of Syren. I really love this series. =3

Darke is really fast paced, when everything happens it doesn't seem like the book is as big as it really is.

I just finished a few days ago Darke. =3

I love this series. <3

I've read and i own all of the books. I have to say, even though the plot is a

little random, it is pretty good.

I just hope that she (the author) won't go nuts continuing the story, like

the Warrior series's author.

So far, I enjoyed Flyte and Syren the best.

I read some of these books back in highschool! I loved them:)

Originally my school only had the first two, so I asked them to order in the 3rd. Of course when i graduated the series was only at #3, so I still need to get the next few and read them, but I look forward to it.

I really love these books, read them ages ago so think im going to re-read them biggrin.gif I love the whole 7th son of a 7th sun thing in book biggrin.gif theres a lot out there biggrin.gif lol