War Pig Killer

Starcraft II

Do you have a build order you're using, Piggy? If you're playing 1v1, here's my suggestion:

9 pylon

12 gateway

14 assimilator

16 pylon

From there, you can transition into a 4gate or do a 3gate expand. Liquipedia.net is a great resource, just make sure you're in the liquipedia II, otherwise it'll take you for the liquipedia for Brood War.

Does anyone play StarCraft 1? I've been working on my mutalisk micro biggrin.gif

I've gotten bored of SC2 and gone back to the original for a bit, myself. Feels good to have the old Goliaths back, not to mention the Defilers and Lurkers =p

I've gotten bored of SC2 and gone back to the original for a bit, myself. Feels good to have the old Goliaths back, not to mention the Defilers and Lurkers =p

Lurkers are so powerful, it's amazing. What do you main? I play Zerg, but the Bisu build that it seems like every Protoss does nowadays is giving me trouble. My spire is always late so I don't get my scourge quickly enough. Thus the result is me having to put up spore colonies.

Zerg all the way, though I could definitely use some more practice in SC2 with them =p My all-time favorite build just doesn't seem to be very successful for some strange reason ... (40+ Ultralisks)

Poor underloved Utralisks, I love watching them cleave marines in two =)

Yeah ultralisks aren't very good except as siege units IMO. Strange logic, but hear me out: with the armor upgrade, they're bulky enough to break most fortified positions, and make it safer for your regular units (hydras, mutas, etc) to get in. But yeah, ultralisks are underloved in SC2 ^^; I actually need more practice, I'm thinking of switching to Terran or Random in SC2 and sticking with Zerg in Brood War. Terran units just feel more fun. Reapers anyone? biggrin.gif

Yeah ultralisks aren't very good except as siege units IMO. Strange logic, but hear me out: with the armor upgrade, they're bulky enough to break most fortified positions, and make it safer for your regular units (hydras, mutas, etc) to get in. But yeah, ultralisks are underloved in SC2 ^^; I actually need more practice, I'm thinking of switching to Terran or Random in SC2 and sticking with Zerg in Brood War. Terran units just feel more fun. Reapers anyone? biggrin.gif

Ultralisks tear through mass armored units, such as stalkers. You can kill a 3x supply stalker army with ultralisks. And still have enough left to push through the average base.

Ultralisks tear through mass armored units, such as stalkers. You can kill a 3x supply stalker army with ultralisks. And still have enough left to push through the average base.

Eh I'd disagree on that, maybe if they don't micro and don't have blink, but if they do some blink micro, then those ultralisks will go down.

Bump.

So I just got this game and I have recently beaten the capaign with little difficulty (aside from the last mission) on normal (lol).

However, as we know, the metagame is extremely different from the single player game. Playing online results in immense failure.

Anyone wanna play and/or show me how? I need halp. I only have 1 friend in RL I know of that plays, but he lost his copy and is too lazy to download it.

It's funny that i'm a General on Halo Wars (which is a RTS on xbox), the highest rank. However on Starcraft, I'm such a noob that I try and build one of like every unit and can't micro for crap! And i'm Asian (but not Korean, obviously).

I can show you some basic stuff, sure. What race do you play? Terran?

Basic advice I can give you right now:

Watch a lot of pro games of the race that you play. I can recommend some good VODs (video on demand) once I know what race you play.

Focus on macro, don't worry about micro for now. For all you should care, just attack-move everything. At least for now. Maybe micro a little when you get better.

If your macro slips (that is, you're floating more than 500 resources in either/both resource), build additional production buildings. There are certain numbers of production facilities you can support off of a certain number of bases (like 2 hatcheries on one base given constant queen injection and only producing lings/drones), but those numbers are looser at a lower league.

Learn a simple, basic, flexible opening for your race. For example, a common one with zerg is 14gas/14pool/16hatch, also known as a speedling expand.

Always go into a game with a plan in mind, even if it's as simple as "mass marauders and do a +1 stim push".

Actually so far i've been playing Protoss mainly, a little zerg. Barely any Terran at all.

I have totally been watching pro videos online, it's ridiculous.

Yeah that's what i've been doing, along with some basic micro. (move damaged, ranged units away, etc). What i'm not good at is using like 2 zerglings to kill a zealot or even a base that more experienced players do.

Yep, the openings are what i'm not so sure about. What does 14gas mean? When you have 14 drones? 14 pool is at the same time, or when you have 14 more drones? Right now I tend to built a lot of drones early on, get the gas a little earlier than what I see in most vids, and try and expand early too.

So far i've been using mass void rays, sometimes w/collosi. I'm not very good with zealots, sentries, and stalkers unfortunately. I always get them killed as you probably need better micro with them. With Zerg i've had some success with Roaches. I tried Mutas and Hydras but that didn't work out too well. And I never have enough zerglings to do anything. Again probably need micro for those. I think I tried that Marine/Marauder/Medivac tactic the one time I played as Terran (in 2v2), but I think I failed miserably as they just got destroyed.

Actually so far i've been playing Protoss mainly, a little zerg. Barely any Terran at all.

I have totally been watching pro videos online, it's ridiculous.

Yeah that's what i've been doing, along with some basic micro. (move damaged, ranged units away, etc). What i'm not good at is using like 2 zerglings to kill a zealot or even a base that more experienced players do.

Yep, the openings are what i'm not so sure about. What does 14gas mean? When you have 14 drones? 14 pool is at the same time, or when you have 14 more drones? Right now I tend to built a lot of drones early on, get the gas a little earlier than what I see in most vids, and try and expand early too.

So far i've been using mass void rays, sometimes w/collosi. I'm not very good with zealots, sentries, and stalkers unfortunately. I always get them killed as you probably need better micro with them. With Zerg i've had some success with Roaches. I tried Mutas and Hydras but that didn't work out too well. And I never have enough zerglings to do anything. Again probably need micro for those. I think I tried that Marine/Marauder/Medivac tactic the one time I played as Terran (in 2v2), but I think I failed miserably as they just got destroyed.

Ah I see, I can help.

Let's go with a basic protoss opener, a gateway > gas > cybercore.

Assuming constant worker production,

13 gateway

13 gas

@100% gateway, zealot

15 pylon

18 (I think) cybernetics core

So that means build a gateway and then an assimilator (or w/e it's called) when you are at 13 food. When the gateway completes, build a zealot. Build a pylon when you are at 15 food. When you have enough money after building the zealot, build a cybernetics core, which should be around 18 food. That's not 18 more food, just 18 food total.

If I could play with you in a game, I'd be able to better help show you what you need to learn and teach you basic strategy. If you want me to coach you some time, IM me. My character name is Mak and my number is 458.

Alright, cool. I will do that.

Added you and I was message whenever you are online.

Thanks!

When do you stop making workers? I hear like 20-25ish per base? When do you transfer workers over building new ones?

Aha I just got this game a little more than a month ago for my birthday! :DDDD

It's insanely fun, even though I suck >.< Still in practice league in multiplayer, and haven't completed the campaign...lol

I play protoss mainly, because everything is so shiny and beautiful ^.^ And it's really fun to go tearing through armies with colossi.

My air play is awful, however. I need to work on that. dry.gif

Usually you try to saturate a base (3 workers per assimilator, 2-3 per mineral patch). More workers is almost always better, because a strong economy is the key to a strong army.

I need to get a new computer so that I can play this game. I've already checked out everything about it. It's an amazing game, and I just watched the Finals at blizzcon this year. They were great matches.

I used to play starcraft when I was younger, I used to be mainly be the zergs, while my dad used to always be the prototos.