CrimsonXLightning

Green Day or Paramore

Whos better Green Day or Paramore?  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Green Day. Not even an argument. While it may not sound much like it to guys these days Green Day were original. They were one of the first bands to make it big with that kind of sound. Many of the others these days are following in their footsteps. And I'm afaid the followers will never be as good as the band that broke the new ground.

Stop listening to the current albums for a bit, and go back to listen to their mid-90's stuff. Listen to Dookie, listen to Nimrod... and compare that to the other stuff that was around in the 90's. Dookie defined a generation, and I really can'y say anything Paramore have done is on the same level.

Stop listening to the current albums for a bit, and go back to listen to their mid-90's stuff. Listen to Dookie, listen to Nimrod... and compare that to the other stuff that was around in the 90's. Dookie defined a generation, and I really can'y say anything Paramore have done is on the same level.

Agreed. While I'm not super fond of Green Day's newer albums, the ones from the mid-90's were awesome. Meanwhile, I haven't found anything by Paramore that is at that same level, as TikindiDragon said.

Paramore is nowhere close to being as good as Green Day.

Everything Green Day makes is pure awesomeness, even their new albums (have you heard '21 Guns'? Best song they've ever made, I think).

Green Day.

Paramore is just... first time I heard a paramore album, I tore off my headphones...

Green Day is way better. They don't sell out like paramore...

Green Day of course. Paramore has one song that I like but Green Day is just awesome. While their new album is good their old albums like Dookie had some good stuff in there.

Green Day! Not that Paramore is bad or anything... They just can't beat Green Day, that's all.

Green Day has made some amazing albums, and as a whole I think their body of work compares to the Who. (Well, they think so too. And they're not shy about saying it. But they're not wrong, either.)

Paramore's pretty forgettable.

100% Green Day. No contest at all.

Paramore has a female singer. Green Day wins.

Flogging Molly, hands down. Oh wait...they were not even on the list? How SINFUL

While I'm not a fan of either, Green Day was fun. Haven't listened to anything from them for years. Checked out Paramore. Instant "meh".

I have a signed and dated Flogging Molly drumstick that I got on my birthday several years ago!

OMG you lucky person you. Damn I need to see them live some day.

Oh yes, you absolutely should. I think I've seen them 4 times now? Once at the Webster, locally, once at the Bamboozle, that time on my birthday at Avalon, and when they played that festival in Albany.

I think they're on tour now.

Come over to the Beautiful Days festival some time. We've had them play several times (plus if you like that kind of music it's what the festival is all about).

Ever heard of the Levellers, Delphine? If you're a Flogging Molly fan it should be right up your alley.

Green Day all the way

The band is just epic win

Paramore is ok but eh.

Ohmygoodness! Are you okay up there? *checks temperatures of all Paramore voters*

Paramore may have some pretty good songs, I can't even think of a reason how you would get them over Green Day. Green Day has a lot more songs, a better sound in my opinion, and it doesn't hurt that the lead singer is nice to look at at. laugh.gif

Well, if you're a straight boy, I suppose you could argue that the lead singer of Paramore is nicer to look at than Billie Joe Armstrong, but I'm with you, o Carrot of Doom. He's hot.

As much as I love Paramore, Green Day's definitely got more experience behind them. Paramore's one of my top favorites, above Green Day, but I still have to admit that Green Day is better.

...that doesn't make much sense, but I guess I haven't gotten as attatched to Green Day as I have to Paramore.