kaleidoscopial

Introducing myself!

Howdy!! I'm here to introduce myself, basically so I can see other people's posts LOL!

I'm kaleid/kaleidoscopial. I live in the USA and work as an animator. I also do commissions on the side. In the spring semester, I teach an animation class for my old university! Art and animation are my life basically haha!

I have two kitties and they're the other loves of my life. The three of us live with my boyfriend and we love it a lot :)

When I'm not drawing/animating/teaching/working/etc., I like to read, write, or play video games. Currently obsessed with Fourth Wing & ACOTAR. Fav video games are the Horizon Zero Dawn series, Skyrim, BG3, and surprisingly the Avatar game that came out a few months ago?? Idk I perpetually don't finish games but I had a lot of fun playing it.

I'm also a huuuuuge swiftie, and have been since like 2008. Don't let me start talking about her music or I'll never shut up. I also like a lot of alt rock/pop, so like Smallpools, Walk the Moon, Sub-Radio, etc., as well as other stuff like Noah Kahan, Olivia Rodrigo, and Fall Out Boy. My boyfriend and I go to lots of concerts in our area!

That's basically everything I can think of about ~me~. I'm not the chattiest, but you can always reach out on discord (where I'm much more likely to answer) if you ever want to talk! No guarantee that I can hold a full conversation but I'm always happy to try lmao

Hello and welcome! Oh, I'm going to talk your ear off!

I finished Fourth Wing and Iron Flame, I can't wait for Onyx Storm!

Do you recommend Sarah J. Maas? I have yet to read any of her works, but I'm a huge fantasy fan. 

Have you checked out Tortured Poets Department?

On 4/19/2024 at 4:31 PM, purpledragonclaw said:

I finished Fourth Wing and Iron Flame, I can't wait for Onyx Storm!

Do you recommend Sarah J. Maas? I have yet to read any of her works, but I'm a huge fantasy fan.

Omg YESSSS!!! I’m so excited for Onyx Storm. I bought 3 copies of the special sprayed edges one for my friends and I haha!!

I recommend Sarah’s stuff! I’m on book 3 of the ACOTAR series. I think Iron Flame is infinitely more interesting (better characters and SIGNIFICANTLY ’more interesting worldbuilding imo) but if you like high fantasy, it’s worth a shot! Definitely less action and more romance/politics. Took me a couple tries to get into but I do enjoy it now!

On 4/19/2024 at 4:31 PM, purpledragonclaw said:

Have you checked out Tortured Poets Department?

Absolutely!!! I totally love it. Been a fan since ‘08 so a lot of this album feels like, super lore-heavy to me (if you can call 16 years of someone’s life lore????). I think it’s gorgeous and couldn’t believe it when it was revealed to be a double album! Ahh!!! Do you listen to her at all??

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!!