Ioanna

How to tell what variation my dragon is going to be?

Hey!

Sorry if there is already a topic about this.

But there are dragons such as Alcedines, Flare Tails, Blacks, etc which you cannot tell which variation it is going to be until the egg actually hatches.

I saw someone mentioning vaguely that it depends on the positioning of the egg in your scroll when sorted by breed. But still, how am I able to tell them apart? What are the correct positions?

Thank you!!

Posted (edited)

The egg will fall below the dragon variant it belongs to: you'll have adults, frozen hatchies (if any) then eggs and hatchies.

So for Flare-Tail for exemple, you'll have: agressive adults, agressive frozen hatchies, agressive egg/hatchies, then pacifics adults, pacific frozen hatchies, pacific eggs/hatchies.

Works the same way for Pargulus! I think Alcedine as well but it's been a long time since I bred any so I'm not 100% sure, can someone else weigh in? Doesn't work for Alcedines, thx Dizzywing!

It doesn't work for rare alts (Black, Dark green, Undine) or for sunday Gemshards (edit to add: and Alcedines), for these you'll have to wait until they hatch.

It works, somewhat, for Nebulae: you still have to wait until they hatch, but the ungendered hatchies will sort with their respective colors (which will save you a lot of time). => see Dizzywing's clarification below!

Edited by Aleoleo

9 minutes ago, Aleoleo said:

Works the same way for Pargulus! I think Alcedine as well but it's been a long time since I bred any so I'm not 100% sure, can someone else weigh in?

alcedines don't have a sorting trick, so you have to hatch them and hope it colours correctly 💔 it's instantly visible at s1, though

for nebulae, they have two "groups" in sorting: blue + purple, then red + green. these groups sort with eachother, so a nebula that sorts under purple but before red/green will be blue if it precogs F

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Dizzywing said:

alcedines don't have a sorting trick, so you have to hatch them and hope it colours correctly 💔 it's instantly visible at s1, though

for nebulae, they have two "groups" in sorting: blue + purple, then red + green. these groups sort with eachother, so a nebula that sorts under purple but before red/green will be blue if it precogs F

Thanks for your input! I forgot that for Nebs you have to know the gender as well... I always influence, so I don't have to wonder.

Edited by Aleoleo